Stockperks

25 minutes ago, cabinluvn said:

Do we have to use the Stockperks app to send CCL stock proof for OBC or can we still mail our info like in the past?

I’ve only tried with HAL and got a return email saying they will no longer be processing the requests and we have to go through the Stickperks app.  I didn’t know when it changed and I don’t know if it’s all Carnival stock cruise lines or just HAL. Hoping others can enlighten me. 

IMG_5921.png

• Like 1

FWIW, I just used the Stockperks app and it was pretty easy.  I didn't have to link to my broker account, I just uploaded a PDF of my stock purchase confirmation.  Later I realized it didn't have my name on it so I didn't think it would work (turned out it did) so I did a screenshot of my broker statement showing the holding and was able to crop it so my name showed and the holding showed, and nothing else.  I ended up not needing the cropped screenshot, but even for an old guy (68) it was pretty easy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

but even for an old guy (68) it was pretty easy.

Not to make it competitive, but it was pretty easy for this 75 YO guy who received his positive reply today! 😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

FWIW, I just used the Stockperks app and it was pretty easy.  I didn't have to link to my broker account, I just uploaded a PDF of my stock purchase confirmation.  Later I realized it didn't have my name on it so I didn't think it would work (turned out it did) so I did a screenshot of my broker statement showing the holding and was able to crop it so my name showed and the holding showed, and nothing else.  I ended up not needing the cropped screenshot, but even for an old guy (68) it was pretty easy.

I do not see where I can do this in the app. It is asking for a validation of my portfolio. I only see where you have to enter your username and password

20 minutes ago, cabinluvn said:

I do not see where I can do this in the app. It is asking for a validation of my portfolio. I only see where you have to enter your username and password

Did you read the other thread? It gives details. Quote:

Choose the ALINEA option rather than the default PLAID option if you just want to manually upload your brokerage statement, with your account number and any other unnecessary information blotted out, showing you own at least 100 shares of CCL stock. 

23 minutes ago, cabinluvn said:

If this is the screen you are seeing, click on the Validate button.

IMG_9124.thumb.jpeg.220e86ad1ff2d191508629043e2bf8ac.jpeg

Once this screen appears, select the Alinea option, and click Next. 

IMG_9126.thumb.jpeg.55cc72a4677ae441aa9ad1568bc9a99f.jpeg

Then upload your modified Brokerage statement with your account and other non-relevant information blacked out.

IMG_9127.thumb.jpeg.6c87b07919d8f5747bbb604cb05fb156.jpeg

In a few days once you have been validated as a valid CCL stockholder, the Redeem Perk button will now be active. Click on it and answer the questions regarding the applicable booking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If this is the screen you are seeing, click on the Validate button.

Once this screen appears, select the Alinea option, and click Next. 

IMG_9126.thumb.jpeg.55cc72a4677ae441aa9ad1568bc9a99f.jpeg

Then upload your modified Brokerage statement with your account and other non-relevant information blacked out.

IMG_9127.thumb.jpeg.6c87b07919d8f5747bbb604cb05fb156.jpeg

In a few days once you have been validated as a valid CCL stockholder, the Redeem Perk button will now be active. Click on it and answer the questions regarding the applicable booking.

Thank you so much!  Would have never found that!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cabinluvn said:

Thank you so much!  Would have never found that!

Not a problem. We learned the StockPerks process with the help of some CC folks over on the PCL forum a few months ago when we applied for some SOBC on a couple of Princess bookings. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, cabinluvn said:

I don't know, all I can report is my experience, which didn't include any of the Plaid or Alinea stuff folks have talked about.  And none of my fears materialized, as I just got the email confirming my $250 in OBC has been added to my cruise.  The difference between my experience and what others have posted is perplexing.  I wish I had an answer for you but I don't.

12 hours ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

I don't know, all I can report is my experience, which didn't include any of the Plaid or Alinea stuff folks have talked about.  And none of my fears materialized, as I just got the email confirming my $250 in OBC has been added to my cruise.  The difference between my experience and what others have posted is perplexing.  I wish I had an answer for you but I don't.

On my freshly-installed Stockperks app (Samsung 9+ phone), the spot was there for broker-type, but there was no dropdown menu of choices. I typed ALINEA into the box; it accepted it. However I didn't see that you had sent them a redacted PDF. I uploaded a JPG taken from printout. This was just this afternoon, so we'll see how that goes. I have now saved the document as a PDF, so I'm ready if they say they couldn't read my JPG!

Posted (edited)

After I submitted my first requests on the Stockperks app today, I received confirmation within 2 hours that they had been posted to my HAL account and my Princess account.  Interestingly, I received email confirmation from HAL World Cruise Reservations regarding my HAL confirmation while the Princess confirmation came from Stockperks.  This is the fastest confirmation I've ever received.

Edited by Btimmer
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, aussiedisneyfan said:

Mine was super quick too.

Was there any lag between the time you were notified that the OBC had been credited to your account and when it showed up on your HAL Invoice/Guest Copy?  I ask because my notification that it was credited to my account was on 1/1 and I just had my TA send me the HAL Invoice/Guest Copy and it wasn't showing up.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

I ask because my notification that it was credited to my account was on 1/1 and I just had my TA send me the HAL Invoice/Guest Copy and it wasn't showing up.

It's quite possible that HAL's system update on New Year's Day hadn't yet taken place at the time your invoice was generated.

6 hours ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

Was there any lag between the time you were notified that the OBC had been credited to your account and when it showed up on your HAL Invoice/Guest Copy?  I ask because my notification that it was credited to my account was on 1/1 and I just had my TA send me the HAL Invoice/Guest Copy and it wasn't showing up.  Thanks.

I booked directly online with HAL and haven't received an updated invoice.  I did ring today to ask about AARP OBC and they confirmed that they Sharehold OBC was listed.

Thx to this thread, I installed Stock Perks and created an account, downloaded a statement from Charles Schwab, uploaded said statement, got an email within a day, went back into Stock Perks and redeemed the "perk".  Seemed fairly straightforward.

• Like 2

I have not tried the app yet but I can say that I emailed my most recent request as per previous procedure and I received an email approval last night. Happy camper here.

18 minutes ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

Does shareholder OBC show up on the HAL Invoice/Guest Copy?

Only in combination with any other HAL/CCL OBC you might have. You will see the total, not individual line items.

• Like 2

On 1/2/2024 at 11:24 PM, crystalspin said:

However I didn't see that you had sent them a redacted PDF. I uploaded a JPG taken from printout. This was just this afternoon, so we'll see how that goes. I have now saved the document as a PDF, so I'm ready if they say they couldn't read my JPG!

So a little frustrated -- once you have submitted your "proof" that button goes away and there doesn't seem to be any way to contact a person or even a chat-bot. Going on three days since I sent the JPG and others are reporting approval in one day... I have the PDF, but no way to send it!