Does NCL serve canned soda?

10 minutes ago, macewank said:

Yes but you'll be paying for it unless your drink package covers it (Free at Sea will, but not everyone has this perk despite it being included in the fare)

can you get can soda with FAS drink package?  I thought it covered fountain soda

3 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

can you get can soda with FAS drink package?  I thought it covered fountain soda

The terms just generically say "Unlimited soft drinks and juices" for both FAS and FAS+

• Like 1

Last sailing we were in Haven with fas.  One morning ordered coke zero in Haven restaurant.  Asked if I wanted can or fountain.  Said can.  Told cans are extra charge.

Cans are not included in the basic drinks package. They can be purchased though.

However, on my two latest cruises, Star and Gem, Diet Coke/Coke Zero wasn't availble in fountain, so they poured it out of cans. A couple of times they just handed over the unopened can, asking me if I was fine with that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Asawi said:

Cans are not included in the basic drinks package. They can be purchased though.

However, on my two latest cruises, Star and Gem, Diet Coke/Coke Zero wasn't availble in fountain, so they poured it out of cans. A couple of times they just handed over the unopened can, asking me if I was fine with that.

This has been my experience as well - no canned soda included unless they were out of that particular fountain soda. Always possible to pay for a can with soda though, but price is about $3 + 20% gratuity, so rather expensive....

• Like 1

Cans are typically not included for free. But, depending on who you ask, how you ask, when you ask, they may be given out. Most times when staying in the Haven at the end of the night when they're closing up, the bartenders wouldn't have a problem giving us 1-2 cans to go back to the room with. Certainly easier than carrying two open cups that will get watered down with ice by the time we want to drink them.

We had no problems at all last week getting cans at the Haven Lounge when we would ask. This didn’t matter what time of day or even if we asked for 2 at a time. They were always more than willing to hand them out.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TheDawg79 said:

We had no problems at all last week getting cans at the Haven Lounge when we would ask. This didn’t matter what time of day or even if we asked for 2 at a time. They were always more than willing to hand them out.

Which ship were you sailing…wondering if this is ship dependent.?

We were told cans were not included with the basic FAS package. It looks like the times people were able to get cans in this thread they were in the Haven. We steerage folks have to settle for fountain.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

We were told cans were not included with the basic FAS package. It looks like the times people were able to get cans in this thread they were in the Haven. We steerage folks have to settle for fountain.

I have never set foot in Haven. But for the money those people are paying they can have a can or two. 😄 Note that the can I have been given I haven't asked for. The bartender just thought it was easier giving it to me since I didn't mind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We were able to get canned Coke Zero on the Gem and were not charged for it, but most of the bars didn't have it. We found some at the sake bar on the last night and my husband made friends with the bartender instantly and somehow ended up with three cans of it. 😄

2 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

We steerage folks have to settle for fountain.

unless you're in the vibe, where i have found the "who you ask, when you ask, how you ask" philosophy is in full force and applies to cans of soda, cans of hard seltzer, cartons of water and bottles of beer.  not just at the end of the day, but anytime you're departing and want "one for the road."

YMMV.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Asawi said:

I have never set foot in Haven. But for the money those people are paying they can have a can or two. 😄 Note that the can I have been given I haven't asked for. The bartender just thought it was easier giving it to me since I didn't mind.

Funny but true.  Once on Epic we were on an excursion and was looking forward to this diet Pepsi can in the min-fridge.  I never take things from the mini-fridge but had made my decision when we got back to the ship I was going to crack it open.  When I got to the cabin I was in shock. The diet Pepsi can was gone.  I was concerned I was going to be charged for something I did not take.  I brought it up to my butler and she told me she removed it because it was past the expiration date.  She brought me a can of diet Pepsi with the promise to never tell anyone about it.  We did a pinky swear and I kept my mouth shut.  I felt so guilty drinking a can of diet Pepsi that I did not pay for or authorized to drink.  Its been 13 years and the statute of limitations has expired so I am not free to tell that story.  But you are right.  What we paid for that suite a can of diet Pepsi was the least they could do. 😬

Edited by david_sobe
  • Haha 5

I have never specifically asked for soda in a can.  The couple of times I have been handed it and seen it being given out were in rough seas.  I assumed they were handing out cans instead of the usual because it had become almost impossible to walk around with a glass without spilling it.

My experience has been there are a few sodas that aren't on the guns.  Often Coke Zero and in the past, Diet Sierra Mist.  However,  most bars pour half a can in a plastic cup.  Kinda feels like an economy flight in the 90s.  Who wants half a can?  Especially if you're getting the flat 2nd half that's been sitting open, for God knows how long.

We sailed Prima May 2023, IIRC the charge for a can of soda was $3.50, we previously heavy tipped the bartender (one of my downfalls), so she passed it to us at no charge, which was unexpected, we were ready to pay whatever the charge was.