Mariner's Cocktail Coupon

Pardon my ignorance. 2nd HAL cruise this Saturday. I gather this drink coupon is only a 1 time use, and it will be collected by the bartender. Right? 

So it's basically 1 free drink. How do people get multiple coupons? 

Thanks so much. 

2 hours ago, seapad said:

I gather this drink coupon is only a 1 time use, and it will be collected by the bartender. Right? 

So it's basically 1 free drink. How do people get multiple coupons? 

As post #47 says, people with HIA pass them on to others. In December on Koningsdam two people gave me coupons and I was able to order drinks from the standard package. The bartenders all told me that before I ordered. 

• Like 1

I just got off Zuiderdam  on May 25th in Ijmuiden.  The coupons could be used for any drink on the Signature beverage package and could be given to other passengers to use.

4 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Oy.. boy.. I use them as bookmarks. 

You could replace the bookmark w/a $12 bill and take the coupon on your next cruise. 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

You could replace the bookmark w/a $12 bill and take the coupon on your next cruise. 😉

Except we have the HIA.. LOL. I did not realize we could gift it to others. I have 16 coupons for our next cruise.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, oakridger said:

I just got off Zuiderdam  on May 25th in Ijmuiden.  The coupons could be used for any drink on the Signature beverage package and could be given to other passengers to use.

They had a few nice N/A options on the GWV also

On our cruise on the Eurodam last fall,  a couple offered us their drink coupons as they had a beverage package. We had never heard of them and went and enjoyed a margarita at the Ocean Bar. After we got home, we realized that as 4 star mariners we should have been given the coupons. Something to remember on our next cruise.

• Like 2

this year our drink coupons had the voyage name and dates on it, and when  i tried to use older mariner drink coupons i was rejected. the older blue plasticky ones are no longer being accepted on some sailings. the new ones are paper.  i think they do not want you to hold on to or share them any longer which is why the new ones have a sailing date on them, which states the expiration date, in effect, which i actually respect and understand. i have drink packages next year so not a problem. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tuolumne couple said:

this year our drink coupons had the voyage name and dates on it, and when  i tried to use older mariner drink coupons i was rejected. the older blue plasticky ones are no longer being accepted on some sailings. the new ones are paper.  i think they do not want you to hold on to or share them any longer which is why the new ones have a sailing date on them, which states the expiration date, in effect, which i actually respect and understand. i have drink packages next year so not a problem. 

We had an older blue plastic coupon from a cruise prior (when we had HIA). The bartender begrudgingly accepted it as I pointed out that it didn't have an expiration date.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, mwj said:

We had an older blue plastic coupon from a cruise prior (when we had HIA). The bartender begrudgingly accepted it as I pointed out that it didn't have an expiration date.

I haven't had one rejected, but seems like policy is changing. 🤞I get a "yes, sure" next time I try to use one.

I just got off Zaandam. As the coupon says, it could only be used a specific Mariner cocktail. On my previous cruise they let me use it for a Weng Weng. 

On 6/4/2024 at 1:07 PM, seapad said:

How do people get multiple coupons? 

My son (legal age to drink) visited all our family member cabins on embarkation day and stole all the coupons off the desk.....He enjoyed several Mariner cocktails and even "bought" me one. 

• Haha 3

On 6/5/2024 at 8:55 PM, rj59 said:

I just got off Zaandam. As the coupon says, it could only be used a specific Mariner cocktail. On my previous cruise they let me use it for a Weng Weng. 

I've always been able to use for any drink $11 & under.

• Like 2

Seems odd that HAL (any company) who create a feature/benefit and not announce it broadly and explain it often on website to get the greatest return. A sheet of paper explaining the feature and benefit and attached to the coupon would help.

HAL coupons, how CO reservations work(list/no list/notation/etc) and I am sure many others.  

1 hour ago, shipshape sam said:

A sheet of paper explaining the feature and benefit and attached to the coupon would help.

No explanation has been needed for us...the coupon is for a  "free Mariner cocktail" and we hand it to the bartender and he delivers a "free Mariner cocktail"....And it is enjoyed and appreciated.

Enjoy the journey.......

• Like 4

We had, but did not use, the coupons on our last two cruises. The one in April had the sailing date on it. The coupon is preferable to the welcome glass of sparkling wine.

We had the Elite Beverage Package on both cruises. So, while we never needed that 16th alcoholic beverage, it was comforting to know we had it - in the event of a party emergency.

• Haha 2