Mariner's Cocktail Coupon

The Coupon, I have been told, is only good for a specific drink, which is the April Spritz.  I understand they will make a non-alcoholic version is you don't drink alcohol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oops, forgot to answer the original question! Just ask the guys and they will give you a milkshake, although the milkshakes are not so great. If you enjoy a cappuccino they will give you one for the drink card. 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, CNSJ said:

The Coupon, I have been told, is only good for a specific drink, which is the April Spritz.

Apparently this is not true. Many reliable posters saying they've gotten drink of choice, $11 or under.

We didn't know this last year and had the Aperol Spritz for a starter at our NYE (and anniversary) dinner.

• Like 3

Each cruise since discovering drink coupons are only limited by drink price ($11 max), I use them for a Strawberry Mojito. When I asked bartender if I could get something other than the Mariner Cocktail, he said "anything you want." So, I asked what he recommended for someone who likes fruity drinks but not coconut. He made me a strawberry 🍓 mojito and I've been getting them ever since.

When I have a drink package, I save the coupons to use on cruises when I don’t have a package. 

I am not even asked to sign - just swap drink for coupon. 

Enjoy!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We were told that it covered anything in the Signature Beverage Package in December. We had the Elite Beverage Package and we never needed that 16th alcoholic beverage.

• Like 1

Well, thanks to all who responded about being able to use the coupons for drink other than the Aperol spritzer , which I find very boring. I have a collection of these cards now mainly for the aforementioned boringness.. We never buy the HIA but we do buy the Cellar wine packages for dinner...now will have a little more variety ! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

May be worth noting that the Mariner drink coupons now have expiration dates on them, corresponding to the end of the cruise you are on. Not sure if anyone would actually check, but saving them may no longer work.

Edited by SeaCapt
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, SeaCapt said:

May be worth noting that the Mariner drink coupons now have expiration dates on them, corresponding to the end of the cruise you are on. Not sure if anyone would actually check, but saving them may no longer work.

That must be very recent as mine from November 2023 do not have an expiration date.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, SeaCapt said:

I just disembarked last Wednesday and mine did not have an expiration date on it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

After all these posts where cruisers are blaming the cruise companies for "nickel and diming" them, does anyone else find it revealing to see posts where cruisers are suggesting "nickel and diming" the cruise line??? It's a $6.00 cocktail folks, get over it 😏

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, pmjnh said:

That must be very recent as mine from November 2023 do not have an expiration date.

Maybe they're using up old stock? or typical HAL consistency, perhaps. We were on the Eurodam in December, and they had expiration dates.

• Like 2

Here is another coupon from the current cruise. No expiration date, but it does have the ship name & a code on the back. The bartender did not look at the back of the coupon the other day...

0.jpg

0-1.jpg

• Like 2

19 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Apparently this is not true. Many reliable posters saying they've gotten drink of choice, $11 or under.

We didn't know this last year and had the Aperol Spritz for a starter at our NYE (and anniversary) dinner.

This was not my experiences on 2 different ships. On both the Zaandam and the NA I was told it could only be used for the mariner cocktail which was sparkling wine with St Germain. we didn't even receive them on my last cruise on the rotterdam.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, taxmantoo said:

After all these posts where cruisers are blaming the cruise companies for "nickel and diming" them, does anyone else find it revealing to see posts where cruisers are suggesting "nickel and diming" the cruise line??? It's a $6.00 cocktail folks, get over it 😏

I was trying to come up with a snarky reply, but I had to tap out. 😁

• Haha 9

53 minutes ago, POA1 said:

I was trying to come up with a snarky reply, but I had to tap out. 😁

Hard to come up with one when it is the truth 😉 

• Haha 4