Coffee Vouchers/Early Morning Coffee

I learned something new. Is there a Diamond Lounge on all ships in which to get morning coffee? I will be on the Navigator next month and need my coffee as soon as possible after I get dressed. Is it a keycard to enter the lounge or just open? Is this the same lounge as for Diamond Plus?

49 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

I learned something new. Is there a Diamond Lounge on all ships in which to get morning coffee? I will be on the Navigator next month and need my coffee as soon as possible after I get dressed. Is it a keycard to enter the lounge or just open? Is this the same lounge as for Diamond Plus?

Yes the Diamond Lounge is now called the Crown Lounge and is on every ship.  It has key card access.  It is accessible by anyone Diamond Status or higher.

9 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Yes the Diamond Lounge is now called the Crown Lounge and is on every ship.  It has key card access.  It is accessible by anyone Diamond Status or higher.

Unfortunately, the last few times I've gone "early" I've found the machine in "service mode" or otherwise "offline" and been unable to get coffee. Seems they are expected to be deep cleaned DAILY and it takes about 20 minutes and requires a bunch of steps. SOMETIMES, it's as simple as dumping the Used Grounds container and pressing a button or two.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Just note that if you get "Grande" sized drinks with to shots of espresso they hit you for two stamps.  

For OP, note as well that things like an Ice Coffee only comes in the larger cup so it's 2 punches , and it doesn't cover Frappuccino's.  Having said that, we still found the coffee cards useful and purchased it when we didn't have access to the Crown Lounge, such as your son.

As other's stated, I believe Park Cafe and Cafe Promenade should have early morning coffee.

13 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

So to clarify, I can get regular coffee in the lounge complimentary as a D+? Where do I get the key card? Is it in my cabin?

12 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

So to clarify, I can get regular coffee in the lounge complimentary as a D+? Where do I get the key card? Is it in my cabin?

The "key card" is your seapass card.

11 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

You can get complementary regular coffee in several different locations. You can get complementary specialty coffee in the Crown Lounge as well as regular coffee. If you are at a C&A level that gives you access to the lounge your cabin key card will be programmed to open the Crown Lounge door in addition to your cabin.

16 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Just note that if you get "Grande" sized drinks with to shots of espresso they hit you for two stamps.  

Noted.   I think I will keep both cards for my son and DIL.  They both love coffee and would probably be getting two shots per coffee.  If there are extra stamps my spouse and I can try one of the other coffee sites instead of the free coffee at the Diamond lounge.  Thanks everyone for the  great info.

• Like 1

Odd side note.  Last time on Navigator I was looking at the screen on the coffee machine trying to remember if my wife wanted two shots  or one of espresso in her cappuccino. Host was standing behind me and said there were more choices on the second screen. I never knew there was a second screen. A small marking on the bottom left of the screen when pushed  brings up a second screen with 3 or 4 more choices. I still just use the first screen with two shots of espresso and a cappuccino as my first coffee of the day. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Edward51 said:

Thanks for pointing that out.  The card is even more reasonable than I thought.

Is there a particular coffee place that you like on Oasis Class ships?

I get my Mocha at the Cafe Promenade.  The standard size is 1 punch and the large is 2 punches.  They use Starbucks coffee there and have a few choices available.

40 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Odd side note.  Last time on Navigator I was looking at the screen on the coffee machine trying to remember if my wife wanted two shots  or one of espresso in her cappuccino. Host was standing behind me and said there were more choices on the second screen. I never knew there was a second screen. A small marking on the bottom left of the screen when pushed  brings up a second screen with 3 or 4 more choices. I still just use the first screen with two shots of espresso and a cappuccino as my first coffee of the day. 

I never knew about the second screen, thanks.

44 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Good info, thank you I never knew... 

Edited by Tree_skier

4 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Odd side note.  Last time on Navigator I was looking at the screen on the coffee machine trying to remember if my wife wanted two shots  or one of espresso in her cappuccino. 

I'll be on the Navigator next month. Can you tell me the location of the crown lounge please.