Celebration! / Live! / Solo? Jan-14-21-2024 The Tribe Cruise!

6 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I was going to try and hold my breath all the way to the airport but I knew I couldn't do it. Lord please just let us get there soon...

This is when masks come in handy. They at least dull the smell.  Or you could go with the full respirator and then you would have no problems.😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I couldn't sleep since about 4:30, so I finally just got up around 6;15... Coffee is made, and I've got a few more things I need to accomplish packing wise. Other than that I'm ready to get this show on the road.

PXL_20240113_112300822.jpg

I slept 8-9 hours a day all week and last night was no exception.

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

I know I'm late to the party, but you ("Sid") truly are a godsend. First, your writing style is the stuff of comic dreams. Second, anyone who loves the Sex Pistols can do no wrong! Lastly, your blog whisks me away from a three-day slog of overtime drudgery. I'm here for the good, the bad, the ugly, and the nasty!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Through security and at my gate with plenty of time to spare. TSA pre check line was less than five minutes, and I was on my way. A quick stop by the restroom and I'm praying for a nice smooth on time flight to Miami. Traded my Marta Breeze card for my Miami EZ Card...

PXL_20240113_142452097.jpg

• Like 20
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

As I scrolled past this little beauty, I thought it was a bud at first sight. 

Love the art. Did you buy that? Paint it? I remember you were into painting or some such thing. I really do have to catch up with the Tribe thread.

I've got my coffee and my Wheaties and I'm really to join in the travel day festivities!

He painted that on the wall. 

• Like 8

I'll never understand the people who walk around with their passport and boarding pass in their hand after security. You definitely won't need your ID anymore, and you also won't need your boarding pass until your walking up to the gate... Anyhoo, rant over, get me to Miami!

• Like 19

12 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

As I scrolled past this little beauty, I thought it was a bud at first sight. 

Love the art. Did you buy that? Paint it? I remember you were into painting or some such thing. I really do have to catch up with the Tribe thread.

I've got my coffee and my Wheaties and I'm really to join in the travel day festivities!

Yes, I painted that plus another huge wall in my apartment the same way...

• Like 12

On 1/11/2024 at 7:08 AM, sid_9169 said:

I always purchase Cheers when sailing with Carnival, and sometimes I purchase way ahead of time, and other times I wait until right before my sailing date comes up. Early on a Saturday morning back on August 26th 2023, I came across some chatter that people were able to purchase Cheers for the entire cruise for only the one day price. Of course it was some kind of website glitch, but who knows, maybe they would end up honoring it. I added it to my shopping cart and sure enough the total price ended up being around seventy bucks. This same thing happened with Royal Caribbean months earlier, and they did in fact end up letting all those who purchased it get away with their significant discount. Would the same thing happen with Carnival? 

Well, it wasn't long before John Heald came out with an announcement that they were working on it, but in the meantime, everyone who purchased it at the absurdly discounted rate would be refunded automatically. A day or two later, Carnival sent out an email offering a 10% discount to everyone affected by the glitch. 

I ended up re-ordering Cheers with the discount code a couple of days later, and I was also able to throw some obc towards the price, so I still wound up paying much less than full price...

***This is the paragraphs I was trying to copy and paste when I lost them. Thankfully I was able to recover them somehow, even if I wasn't able to follow seemingly simple instructions to do so...

Screenshot_20230826-083759.thumb.png.cf8ab2d53424e246ac1b03ff2c19ec31.png

Screenshot_20230829-191217.thumb.png.06624a659bbebc25adaa03659e4dc4ff.png

Screenshot_20230829-191305.thumb.png.d121aae800ec55275c14f443cd123a69.png

Screenshot_20230829-191147~2.png

Love that Promo Code SUMCXL (Some Carnival Excel) lol

• Like 4

Per tradition, I called my mom from the gate, and I always like to say a prayer before boarding. Lord, please let us get there in one piece, and I also pray for a nice non stinky average sized person beside me...

• Like 17
  • Haha 31

14 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Per tradition, I called my mom from the gate, and I always like to say a prayer before boarding. Lord, please let us get there in one piece, and I also pray for a nice non stinky average sized person beside me...

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

Can't even board yet because we're waiting for flight attendants who are supposed to arrive on another flight. Something tells me we're going to be around an hour late landing.

• Like 15

Just now, sid_9169 said:

Can't even board yet because we're waiting for flight attendants who are supposed to arrive on another flight. Something tells me we're going to be around an hour late landing.

Oh noooooo

• Like 1