Celebration! / Live! / Solo? Jan-14-21-2024 The Tribe Cruise!

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

Since it looks like I'm stuck on dry land until at least Memorial Day, I sadly had to put up my carry on bag in it's secret hiding space inside my end table... All the laundry from the trip is clean and put away, and it's nothing but work work work until at least Easter, when I plan to take a little land trip to Florida to visit friends... 

PXL_20240125_225540705.thumb.jpg.044d8da379be8a428f79f4c3c11ce723.jpg

PXL_20240125_225549092.thumb.jpg.476488511d85739ce3f5f785be24f088.jpg

PXL_20240126_134055875.jpg

😥

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, cruisebeachgirl703 said:

Sid, you showed toward the end of the cruise  a pic of the meatball sandwich. if you had it how was it?

I would 100% recommend the meatball sandwich!... It's the only thing I had there, but it all looked great...

• Like 1

@sid_9169 I know the Tribe Cruise is over & done...
Just returning to the real world from Bethel and starting your Review...
Hope you had an amazing Cruise & Thanks for the "Live"/Not so Live for me Review.
Only 107 Pages to Go 🙂

Cheers  --  Von

Edited by Von & John
  • Like 3

Well, that time has come again for me to show my gratitude to all of you great people out there who were a huge part of this wild and crazy adventure... Extra special thanks to cml4958 for keeping up with the list from the very beginning. Without their help, this would've taken probably an entire extra month for me to accomplish on my own. 

Without you loyal readers out there, I would have no reason to even attempt this at all. And, if this does indeed end up being my "final" big Live Review, then at least you can say I went out with a bang on this once in a lifetime trip with all the other great Tribe members both on board, and those who followed along from home. Each and every one of you hold a special place in my heart. So, without further adieu, I give to you the official, better late than never, in order of first appearance thank you list for the Tribe cruise... Please stand up when I call your name: 

MeganGC1983, dmet0225, HeyJut, ninjacat123, AKR2011, kpark895, TravelGirlinDallas, Shaded Lady, mkcurran, fethiyeden, meskel503, edspec, mamiamjo, BohJang, Roscoe13, Slainte57, HolySpearit, MzShae, Mommapadraig, DandytheCop, Beav1279, DeanDeeDee, mopedmom1, livetocruise2005, ceilidh1, smokesmom, figmentfreak, Jamman54, pbxtech, Hogladyrider, maxandmolly, mlshum, KmomChicago, princess76021, illinoisfive, gypsydeb, dallasdan, BigNance, c, rwest898, TNVolnteerCruiser, LatinaInTexas, Bigeee67, pajazz28, Falconrunner26, 300dtc, SenatorsFan, Greenpea2, david_sobe, zencruisers, cruiseny4life, Sugar Magnolia, MeMetwo, Knights on the Beach, odie1024, catgags, Destiny0315, #55worktoplay, pe4all, carohs, cml4958, gambler, jimbri, cellfree, canes20, Webecruzen, Cairns Cruisers, blarko, purpleally, The_Force, Stallion, Katastrophe512, Denversail, tradewinds traveler, Frank12, JandPB, jimmysmom, AnyJA, ggooglybooggly, wajowander2011, Cscomedygrl, Haljo1935, Sarina 432, jbhcw, Putter23, goofy2010, aztekpm, ColeThornton, az4ship, MamaToMany, pcvtmom, Zignewt, Sadebud, swanhaven, Krisco, seeuonthesea, VictorWI, kent05, Sherry84, heffy2, graphicguy, BlerkOne, bigdog60, scubadavedl, njoyndride, mommio, Colorado Beach Bum, MEUB1112, CallistaSkye, Saint Greg, fyree39, Cruisercl, maluhia87, hapytobehr, ZoeyVictoria, onlyano, Prnsessmoi, kluv2cruz, RenoNanaOz, HollyRF, luvcruzing, Riles34, deedle910, Happy0810, sciencegrrl, ChutChut, TN Roz, vetteprincess, jmklade, ReneeFLL, Shell557, atticusthegreat, JoeTec, sprint180, 30palms, pinkwhitney, xkritter, kelkel2, 2wheelin, nhilding10, Elsammo46, cruising*tigger, ktmush2, cruisebeachgirl703, Rulers Mom, Pika8347, balcony bound, Stratford1950, TravelE, z_cruisers, cruiser147147, bluetardis, kdr69, jerryg95, Son of a son a …, hard_eight, Jim and Monica, scottasp, Hammoandnads, Funsince1983, WhiteOptima, coondog99, angelsfort, NikiPinkston, karriec, Tiger100, 1st, Etta1213, Megan_Strick, cruises42, oakridger, budgirl, atanac, MJSailors, Drazil65, IntrepidFromDC, wesorbeth, Tyler414, broberts, LuvCruiSun, Prometheus1, csj092809, dandeck, CoasterGuy, Lady Hudson, lazydayz, Kanyon71, Call8575309, cmecruise1962, Butterbean1000, dliteu, csr10236, live.love.cruise, JGmf, BermudaBound2014, pinto18, pellanor, Noworkforme23, Houst, lennythenose, meatball_nyc, Seas2mountains, wmp.dll, loretta, L1211, FTLCruiseGal, Michelle236, dock, Ultimate Suntan, rzyjzq, ober134, newdestination, Coopdedoop, marsh_angler, Melissahac99, Volsfan86, Hoosierpop, carolinagalceuise2011, Jojo27, dezertcruzer, Ashpalo, Nclgetawaymwnhoney, Ace Evans, nccruzencouple, pal1, pretty princess, beachbum6264, lasvegascruising, DebOinKC, savedbygrace, prbffd28, and carcastic… Again, thank you all so much for being there... Until we meet again either here or "on board"...

• Like 41
  • Thanks 16

Excellent final chapter on this fantastic read. Thanks again for doing the LIVE. Hopefully not your final LIVE but if it is, you certainly went out on a very high note.  

• Like 6

Sid, I don’t think I pushed the “follow” button and didn’t comment but I’ve been reading your review a few pages at a time past 2 weeks. I LOVE OSJ and your pictures make me excited to be returning in March. I’ve also read all your other reviews and I salute you-I’m a drinker but you had me tripping over my feet just looking at your cocktails! Never had a drop of tequila. And you got to go on a cruise with my fellow New Jersey citizens Jamman and Patti. 👍 I also clean my cabin and make my bed.  And cruise solo (past 3 cruises and future booked cruises)  Good luck to you and thanks for taking me along on all your journies! 👏I’ll look for all your “landmarks” in San Juan. 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2024 at 7:54 PM, sid_9169 said:

As predicted, Alchemy is packed...

I was on this sailing...that's my husband and I in the pic...guy with the blue hat! 🙂

PXL_20240115_005253741.jpg

Edited by MzUnique78
  • Like 3

On 1/21/2024 at 6:11 AM, blarko said:

Yes! That’s one thing that I really dislike about cruising. Actually that’s probably the only thing….

That is why I fly home the day after the cruise and not the day of the return of the cruise.  Which was a a blessing in December 2023 when our cruise ship was delayed 5 hours in docking at Miami.  So many stressed travelers.  We will only cruise now when we fly in before and fly home after, one day before / after our cruise.  We were the last ones off the ship practically and it was so nice and relaxing.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think you are happier than you realize.  Always good to make changes when necessary.  But sometimes people don’t realize they are happy, or were happy, until something else happens to them.  And something always does.  I agree that less alcohol is always better, but that’s habitual more than anything.  You will have to replace it with something else to cut down on it.  Yoga maybe?  Something for relaxation.  And if you want to write for a living, write.  But maybe you don’t want your passion to be your source of income? I know a lot of people say do what you love for work, but I am contrarian.  
Anyway, thanks for the review. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 1/28/2024 at 11:28 AM, sid_9169 said:

And, if this does indeed end up being my "final" big Live Review, then at least you can say I went out with a bang on this once in a lifetime trip with all the other great Tribe members both on board, and those who followed along from home.

So, there is a chance, albeit maybe a slight one, you will do another review?  Please say yes!  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FTLCruiseGal said:

So, there is a chance, albeit maybe a slight one, you will do another review?  Please say yes!  

Likely scenario is doing a "small live" and spending 90% of my time "on vacation" instead of typing and uploading pictures... I've been doing these things since 2017, and realized that I spent God knows how many thousands of dollars, then spent most of my time doing the "review"... This next one coming up on the Horizon in May is going to mostly be "just for me"...

• Like 17

3 hours ago, Castaway Cowgirl said:

I think you are happier than you realize.  Always good to make changes when necessary.  But sometimes people don’t realize they are happy, or were happy, until something else happens to them.  And something always does.  I agree that less alcohol is always better, but that’s habitual more than anything.  You will have to replace it with something else to cut down on it.  Yoga maybe?  Something for relaxation.  And if you want to write for a living, write.  But maybe you don’t want your passion to be your source of income? I know a lot of people say do what you love for work, but I am contrarian.  
Anyway, thanks for the review. 

I would really like to be able to make a living writing, but it's a tough business to make money in. I also dabble in painting, but also don't make anything doing that either. You've heard the term "starving artist" before I assume. Even if it could just be side income, I'd be satisfied, and not feel like I'm just spinning my wheels doing these things for nothing... 

Screenshot_20240213-185452~2.png

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

Likely scenario is doing a "small live" and spending 90% of my time "on vacation" instead of typing and uploading pictures... I've been doing these things since 2017, and realized that I spent God knows how many thousands of dollars, then spent most of my time doing the "review"... This next one coming up on the Horizon in May is going to mostly be "just for me"...

Hey Sid you can do what jamman and Patti do. Take some pictures, keep a little notebook with you so you can write down thoughts and events each day then write a review when you get home. 

• Like 8