Cost of Internet Cafe?

Sandie5

I'd rather skip paying for daily wifi since I can make do without it but I'd like to check email etc. for about 10 minutes twice during the week. What is the cost of using the internet cafe for someone who doesn't have the Plus package?

1 hour ago, Sandie5 said:

What is the cost of using the internet cafe for someone who doesn't have the Plus package?

You can USE the Cafe and its computers for free if you can find apps, sites, or programs on the computer that are usable without a wifi package. Good luck with that. 🙏

I seem to think that the cost is $15/day if you purchase the entire cruise. I think it might be $20/day if you only purchase a single day. There are no per minute plans that I am aware of.

Edited by skynight
  • Like 2

It's $15usd per night for one device package if bought for entire sailing.

Onboard, you can buy a one time $20usd 24 hour pass. (And you can, obviously, buy that several different times).

Platinum/Elite have half off internet, whether full cruise package or one 24 hour pass..

Enjoy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sandie5 said:

These are really expensive options. We'll just do our roaming when we get to ports. That's a shame but what can we do.

To give the devil their due, Princess has some of the least expensive Internet at sea, of those cruise lines who charge extra for it. I hope restricting use to ports works out well for you. 🙏

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Sandie5 said:

These are really expensive options. We'll just do our roaming when we get to ports. That's a shame but what can we do.

WiFi was $20/day this past September. Instead, we used our phone in port. We have T-Mobile so, free overseas. In our case Japan. Nearly every day was a port day, so we had service.

Having a good cell phone plan argues against buying WiFi, unless on a long stretch of sea days.

2 minutes ago, toofewcruises said:

By the way, Princess has just increased the internet cost for standard fare passengers. 

Yes, they did!  If you do not have status, it will be a $30 charge for using it for one day.  Yes, checking while in port is a better idea.  

On 1/17/2024 at 9:07 AM, Sandie5 said:

I'd rather skip paying for daily wifi since I can make do without it but I'd like to check email etc. for about 10 minutes twice during the week. What is the cost of using the internet cafe for someone who doesn't have the Plus package?

Make friends with a package. $0 to check emails twice.

On 1/17/2024 at 2:56 PM, Sandie5 said:

As mentioned, PCL has been among the lowest cost options in the cruise line world.  We always have internet for full voyage.  I like to keep up on emails and other personal things.  I am often checking in with tour providers, etc, or researching something for upcoming port(s).  If I had to rely on using internet in port, I'd be missing out on seeing what we traveled to experience and would be quite unpopular with my wife.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2024 at 4:37 PM, Honolulu Blue said:

To give the devil their due, Princess has some of the least expensive Internet at sea, of those cruise lines who charge extra for it. 

Well, that didn't age well. 💀 As mentioned elsewhere, Princess will soon be adjusting their WiFi prices to be closer to the competition. 

• Like 1