Daily internet prices to increase!

dweeb

7 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

Even though it was expected and I prepaid for 10 cruises, seeing the new price increase was still a bit shocking! 

$399.84 for an upcoming 16 day TA cruise

That cruise is dirt cheap for a 16 day.  Even if you purchase, you're still getting a bargain on the cruise.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

That cruise is dirt cheap for a 16 day.  Even if you purchase, you're still getting a bargain on the cruise.

Yes, but I’m flying from LHR to Rome after to get on the Sun for 19 days so It’s a balance.

I’ll save $$$ every place I can. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Is that to purchase, or does it just list the price?

Remember how long it too the room service to catch up with what's written on the website...

Website price is listed at 14.99. I purchased through my cruise planner for 7.50 as I'm platinum. 

4 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Website price is listed at 14.99. I purchased through my cruise planner for 7.50 as I'm platinum. 

Website price is incorrect (now).

Did you purchase today through your cruise planner?

I would check your credit card pending charges to make sure you were charged the $7.50. 

I’m currently onboard the Caribbean.  Have an upcoming 14 day  cruise in May which I wanted to pre-pay for single device for me and DH.  Neither version of the app would allow us to pull up any cruise other than the one we are currently on. We even checked with the Internet cafe folks. This sucks.  They could have at least advised of the increase and provided a period before the increase began.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

You don't think you'll get 50% of what you paid rebated to you?

If what the Princess rep told me is true, then I won't. She seemed to be a very careful worker, and I'm fairly confident that she gave me the correct information as far as she could find. But it's Princess, so who knows. I should have called in and gotten the discounted price on Saturday, but I figured the world would be calling then so I didn't.

5 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

If what the Princess rep told me is true, then I won't. She seemed to be a very careful worker, and I'm fairly confident that she gave me the correct information as far as she could find. But it's Princess, so who knows. I should have called in and gotten the discounted price on Saturday, but I figured the world would be calling then so I didn't.

Well, it seems you've accepted the 'worst case' scenario and, who knows, perhaps things will work out more favourably for you once onboard.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Well, it seems you've accepted the 'worst case' scenario and, who knows, perhaps things will work out more favourably for you once onboard.

You never can tell! 😃

14 hours ago, Seacruise said:

Simple solution here if doing a longer cruise:

Starlink in Canada is selling refurbished dishes for $250 CAD. Buy one pack in your suitcase order an extension chord from the ship and set it up on your balcony and it will pay for itself. Really want to have it paid for take it up to the upper decks complete with extension chord and sell time blocks to your fellow passengers.
I am sure it won't be long before Princess has this written in the cruise contract saying you can't bring a dish with you. 😮

And it will be worded something like " for the safety and convenience of our passengers...."   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Website price is incorrect (now).

Did you purchase today through your cruise planner?

I would check your credit card pending charges to make sure you were charged the $7.50. 

Yes I purchased last night as soon as I saw the post then looked at my CC pending charges are correct. 

• Like 2

I booked a 10 day cruise for September 2024 a few days ago. Started trying yesterday to add wifi for myself, even before i had read this post   Site kept crashing telling me my session had expired.    I just called Customer Service and was quoted $337.40 Canadian $ for the 10 days and was told this is my Elite price

33.74 CDN is $25 USD.  For 1 person

The person verified that this is the correct Elite rate….

Considering my options now.  No airfare booked so easy to change

Edited by molly2kit
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, molly2kit said:

I booked a 10 day cruise for September 2024 a few days ago. Started trying yesterday to add wifi for myself, even before i had read this post   Site kept crashing telling me my session had expired.    I just called Customer Service and was quoted $337.40 Canadian $ for the 10 days and was told this is my Elite price

$12.50 is the Plat/Elite discount

16 minutes ago, molly2kit said:

Elite is still half off. 

Call back and speak to someone else. 

Thank you both for the correct rate

its ridiculous,   The person verified it and verified it was the elite price. I am solo so 12.50 is half of $25.   The rep was probably quoting me for 2 people 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

So, you purchased yesterday, not today, as it was the last day to purchase at the old rate. 

Yes I bought last night for a 10 night cruise was $75.  Its on post #248.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

Elite is still half off. 

Call back and speak to someone else. 

It should be $125 for 10 days. Don't book until you speak to right person otherwise once you pay and request refund you'll lose on FX exchange rate. 

5 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Yes I purchased last night as soon as I saw the post then looked at my CC pending charges are correct. 

We also purchased the multi device plan yesterday at the old half off pricing with the capt's circle discount.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ldubs said:

We also purchased the multi device plan yesterday at the old half off pricing with the capt's circle discount.  

The increase took effect January 23rd however you can still purchase wifi at the old rate once onboard up to January 31st. It was easier for me to book prior to my cruise on Monday just because I don't need to line up..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I spoke with our travel companions in separate cabins. We now plan to share a 4-device package. It will be my treat. Fortunately, the price increase for that package was minimal, and with Platinum status, not terribly expensive. 🙂

Honestly, the self-serve laundromats is what keeps me loyal to Princess. If they ever take those out, I will revisit some of the other lines.

Edited by Teechur
punctuation repair
  • Like 3

On 1/18/2024 at 6:18 PM, dweeb said:

It’s only like a 65% price increase!!

Thank you Princess. You just saved me $71CAD in our upcoming 3 cruises. We currently get it for 50% off and $71 a week is worth it but no way I’m giving you $118 for the week. Nope. I’ll take that $71 and spend it at a restaurant at one of the stops.

• Like 3

On 1/18/2024 at 4:29 PM, Therese S. said:

Oh no Where did you read this?  Did Princess put out a news release as I cant find one.  Just makes me so mad!   Next they’ll take away the platinum/elite 50% off internet.  Even at $12.50 a day (increase of $5 bucks a day) with the 50% off I still wont purchase any of the plus or premier packages.   

What is the price now for elite internet per day?

• Like 1