Muster station location on GTY stateroom

Hey all, 

I recently booked a cruise on Wonder of the Seas sailing in February. For the first time, I booked a GTY Neighborhood stateroom.  I know the cruise line will notify us when they have assigned our room but I noticed that our set sail pass app has Deck 10 and Muster Station D04 on it.  Does anyone know where that Muster station is on Wonder of the Seas?  This might give me a hint as to what end of the ship we are on.   CURIOUS MINDS wanna know 🙂 

18 minutes ago, CRU52 said:

This might give me a hint as to what end of the ship we are on.

Welcome to CC.

You can likely get even more than a hint if you decode the barcode in your SetSail pass (assuming you checked in) - the five digits after the dash is your cabin number.

P.S. No, RCI won't notify you when the cabin assignment is official - you have to keep checking.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

Bar Code Trick

Method 1. If you have an Apple device, add your set sail pass to your Apple wallet. Numbers will now appear under your bar code. The numbers after the dash represent your cabin.

Method 2. Scan the bar code with a QR scanner from another device and that should also show you the numbers.

38 minutes ago, hollon said:

My cruise is May 11th with a o.v. balcony gty cabin.  I can't see the numbers until I get checked in, in march with  the "trick" correct?

I would imagine that you need the bar code but I’m also new to this gty life lol. 

1 hour ago, hollon said:

I can't see the numbers until I get checked in, in March with the "trick" correct?

Correct - the barcode is in the SetSail pass which you don't get till check in.

1 hour ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Bookmarking this for future reference, thanks! But what is the benefit to Royal to hold back the cabin numbers if the GTY cabins are already assigned?

In very rare instances, they can change the assignment before it's official if needed (for whatever reason), but it really is a rare occurrence.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Thanks 1

I looked at my set sail pass online and still have not been assigned a cabin. My muster station is assigned as A02 which I see is on deck 5.  Does anyone know where about my cabin might be with this muster station? I'm assuming it will be a forward cabin. I have a balcony GTY.

9 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

I looked at my set sail pass online and still have not been assigned a cabin. My muster station is assigned as A02 which I see is on deck 5.  Does anyone know where about my cabin might be with this muster station? I'm assuming it will be a forward cabin. I have a balcony GTY.

Read post number 3 on this thread and follow those instructions.  You should discover the cabin you are highly likely to be assigned.

Hi yes just scan the bar code and the last 5 digits should be your stateroom. I’m curious though…how did you know where your muster station was located? I tried to find that online but nothing for the wonder. 

1 minute ago, CRU52 said:

Hi yes just scan the bar code and the last 5 digits should be your stateroom. I’m curious though…how did you know where your muster station was located? I tried to find that online but nothing for the wonder. 

In the app, before your GTY is officially assigned, you will often see your muster station in the stateroom info section, but the room # itself will be blank.

36 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

In the app, before your GTY is officially assigned, you will often see your muster station in the stateroom info section, but the room # itself will be blank.

Yes thank you got that. But where in the ship is it? 

3 minutes ago, CRU52 said:

Yes thank you got that. But where in the ship is it? 

Oh, you mean like where is "D5" or whatever on your particular ship? Try googling for muster station maps.

EDIT: Eventually the info should appear in the app.

Edited by OCSC Mike

43 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

Somewhere above or below that particular muster station.

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

I looked at my set sail pass online and still have not been assigned a cabin.

Did you try the bar code trick mentioned earlier in the thread or just looked at the actual pass?

23 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Did you try the bar code trick mentioned earlier in the thread or just looked at the actual pass?

I just looked online at my cruise documents. I am not using an app. I'm  happy with any cabin within my category but was curious about my cabin assignment. 

On Oasis class ships, the muster stations are typically either on deck 5 in the Royal Promenade, or on Deck 4 in the entertainment area/studio B/Ice rink. The location does not necessarily have any relationship to where the cabin is physically located.