Private Transport SYD to Harbour Marriott

Helo, I'm searching for private transport with a greeting in the International Arrivals Hall from SYD to the hotel. We don't want to use public transport or wait for an Uber/ Taxi. Ty so much!  Coming in early to enjoy Sydney for a few days. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, milolii said:

Helo, I'm searching for private transport with a greeting in the International Arrivals Hall from SYD to the hotel. We don't want to use public transport or wait for an Uber/ Taxi. Ty so much!  Coming in early to enjoy Sydney for a few days. 

Which airline are you flying in with? I know Qantas you are able to organise personal meet and greet etc so maybe your airline will offer?

• Thanks 1

Contact the hotel and let them organise. 

It will cost a little bit extra, but all the hotels work with reputable transport companies. 

Hotel will need your name, flight details, number of passengers and number of bags and a contact phone/whatsapp number.

The transport company will monitor the flights and have a driver in the arrivals hall at the appropriate time.

The cost is simply added to your room account. 

Edited by buchhalm
Added information
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We haven't used a transfer service in Sydney as we use uber or the trains, however we have used various  transfer services elsewhere. Joyride comes to mind but you could also google transfer services for Sydney and just compare pricing and services, I.e shuttles or cars, etc.

Screenshot_20240125-084404_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thanks @MicCanberra yes, I’ve done google searches. I ask on cruise critic as I often discover amazing local businesses.  We plan to use Uber and public transport for every other need while in Australia, except this arrival after the flight from the US.

I did see a few companies in your post that my search didn’t return.  Contacting them now.  Thanks.  Looking forward to our first visit to Australia &New Zealand. Yahoo! 

• Like 1

Our hotel has a $62aud pre pay taxi fare available. Please post what you find. After a 15hr flight might be a little fuzzy and a pre planned pick up might be a good thing.

• Like 1

I don't like booking and pre-paying for transfers. On the few times we have done that in Sydney we have ended up waiting literally hours past the agreed time. Obviously on these occasions we phoned the company several times and were always told the car would be there in a few minutes. Yesterday a couple in the taxi queue at the Brisbane terminal were frustrated that their pre-paid taxi hadn't turned up. The Taxi Supervisor got another cab driver to enquire with the office and was told it would be another 45 minutes' wait. This was while there were several cabs waiting for customers.

In Sydney I advise just going out to the taxi queue and getting in the first available one. It will be less frustrating and probably much faster.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I don't like booking and pre-paying for transfers. On the few times we have done that in Sydney we have ended up waiting literally hours past the agreed time. Obviously on these occasions we phoned the company several times and were always told the car would be there in a few minutes. Yesterday a couple in the taxi queue at the Brisbane terminal were frustrated that their pre-paid taxi hadn't turned up. The Taxi Supervisor got another cab driver to enquire with the office and was told it would be another 45 minutes' wait. This was while there were several cabs waiting for customers.

In Sydney I advise just going out to the taxi queue and getting in the first available one. It will be less frustrating and probably much faster.

Couldn't agree more, taxi queues move swiftly at Sydney, Uber also works and the Train is also reliable Shuttles and Prepaids are a pain in the rear,gave up on them years ago.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Are the trains pretty easy to navigate with luggage?  We don't travel light as I have to bring a whole carry on full of medical needs.  Would Taxi's have enough room for 4 checked bags, 3 carry one's an oxygen concentrator and a walker with wheels?  Still trying to figure out how we are going to do it. 🙂  We can connect the suitcases together and make a train, but still a lot of luggage for 3 people.

On 1/26/2024 at 8:29 AM, Aus Traveller said:

I drove taxis in Sydney in my early days and I would never go to a pre arranged job because some people come out and grab the first taxi and it takes too much mucking around so people are better off not booking a taxi and grabbing the first one off the rank, much easier

52 minutes ago, spedteach said:

Are the trains pretty easy to navigate with luggage?  We don't travel light as I have to bring a whole carry on full of medical needs.  Would Taxi's have enough room for 4 checked bags, 3 carry one's an oxygen concentrator and a walker with wheels?  Still trying to figure out how we are going to do it. 🙂  We can connect the suitcases together and make a train, but still a lot of luggage for 3 people.

With three people, I don't think the train option would be much cheaper than a taxi. A taxi would be much easier. We have taxi vans called 'maxi taxis'. We went in one recently with six people and luggage for that many for a two-week cruise that needed clothes for cold weather as well as hot. I could say that my daughter took everything but the kitchen sink, but I think she had it in the luggage somewhere. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, rkmw said:

I drove taxis in Sydney in my early days and I would never go to a pre arranged job because some people come out and grab the first taxi and it takes too much mucking around so people are better off not booking a taxi and grabbing the first one off the rank, much easier

Agreed. When we disembarked from a cruise a bit over a week ago, there was one couple who had been waiting a while for their pre-booked and pre-paid taxi. The taxi supervisor enquired and was told the cab would be another 45 minutes. This was while there were several spare taxis waiting for customers.

2 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Agreed. When we disembarked from a cruise a bit over a week ago, there was one couple who had been waiting a while for their pre-booked and pre-paid taxi. The taxi supervisor enquired and was told the cab would be another 45 minutes. This was while there were several spare taxis waiting for customers.

Abd the taxi companies wonder why people prefer Uber. We walked out of the OPT last month and once we'd reached the pick-up zone we ordered an Uber. It arrived in about 3 minutes. 

6 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Abd the taxi companies wonder why people prefer Uber. We walked out of the OPT last month and once we'd reached the pick-up zone we ordered an Uber. It arrived in about 3 minutes. 

It cuts both ways. I can walk out of Central station and find 3 cabs at the rank waiting. The only time I will pre-book a cab is to go from home, as I don't often see cabs waiting out the front. Uber trumps that when there is a car nearby.