What's Different Now?

JamieLogical

2 hours ago, SusieV said:

Is the room service charge even for ordering from the MDR menu at dinnertime? Or getting something sent back to your room if you can't finish it?

$12 seems awfully steep for room service that used to be touted as an always free perk!

if you check Celebrity website, Retreat exempted,  and unless it is a continental breakfast, a $9.95 fee + 20% gratuity will be charged to your room for the room service

On 2/5/2024 at 3:43 PM, Hawkstar33 said:

Many things have changed at different levels.  Suites and such, appear to be taking the worst of it. Butler availability in certain suites, a hot topic. Family and friends will be allowed to use the Retreat just like those that pay the megabucks for that amenity. Not gonna go over well.  If you scroll thru the posts, you will easily come across the griping. We've not had any real issues in the Verandas, but some have had theirs... Full ships without a full staff, seems to be causing issues. Some have experienced the only once cleanup visit by the room attendant, while others have gotten both with the fold down service, chocolates on pillow, and towel animals.  In a short time, prices to cruise have dramatically risen per person, as well as on the dining and drink packages. Some have left seeking other deals on other cruise lines.  Also, the MDR is gettin crowded again, and many folks are figuring ways to get water without having to bring any, or pay for a bottle onboard for $4...Room service was a $12 charge last cruise...Buffet hrs are pretty much the same, maybe varying a bit per ship...Always good variety although some might not agree.  We caught the all included before they changed it..Like you said, gratuities no longer on it.  All of this and I'm sure much more, has not stopped folks from booking....We have 5 booked btwn now and next feb, as we book far in advance. We will see as we go, if we are going to continue to cruise as much..

Curious about this "Family and friends will be allowed to use the Retreat just like those that pay the megabucks for that amenity." as I don't recall reading this from Celebrity, or anywhere else, or seeing it in the Retreat in December? Can you point me to another reference for this change or can others confirm? Thanks.

7 minutes ago, JDPCruisers said:

Curious about this "Family and friends will be allowed to use the Retreat just like those that pay the megabucks for that amenity." as I don't recall reading this from Celebrity, or anywhere else, or seeing it in the Retreat in December? Can you point me to another reference for this change or can others confirm? Thanks.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/TheRetreat/02_06_24_FLY_Retreat_Privilege_Package.pdf

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hawkstar33 said:

Yup...New great changes

I just checked and it's $199 pp/pd on E-Class and $125 pp/pd on M and S class. IMHO, this along with the other changes doesn't look like booking suites is providing any exclusive amenities for what you are paying for. 

5 minutes ago, JDPCruisers said:

I just checked and it's $199 pp/pd on E-Class and $125 pp/pd on M and S class. IMHO, this along with the other changes doesn't look like booking suites is providing any exclusive amenities for what you are paying for. 

The jury will not be out long on this one.  

3 minutes ago, Hawkstar33 said:

The jury will not be out long on this one.  

Agreed. I just did a practice booking and and inside stateroom for 2 including the Retreat a package is $1888 cheaper than a SS for a 7 day booking on Ascent.

2 minutes ago, JDPCruisers said:

Agreed. I just did a practice booking and and inside stateroom for 2 including the Retreat a package is $1888 cheaper than a SS for a 7 day booking on Ascent.

So you sleep in the inside closet, but get SS amenities...No brainer

On 2/5/2024 at 4:43 PM, Hawkstar33 said:

Family and friends will be allowed to use the Retreat just like those that pay the megabucks for that amenity. Not gonna go over well.  

EDIT:  I see the discussion above.  It will be like family hour at the Solarium.  lol

I can't believe they're letting me, err I mean other people into the Retreat.

How long has this policy been in place?  I've only been in the Retreat once so far and I heard you can't guest anyone in.  I was thinking to move up from Aqua to Retreat on our last cruise.  The only reason I didn't, is because we were with friends in Aqua.  If we knew about this, we could have guested them into the Retreat.

Edited by zitsky

18 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Keep in mind this is a package purchased buy someone sailing in the Retreat for family/friends who are not sailing in the Retreat. 

Yes, correct but just collect the money from them or pay for them and you're good to go. Luminae and Blu are not that large on most ships so will be interesting to see what that does for capacity and the Retreat sundeck pool and bar area, as well. Maybe suite guests have been asking for this to be available for their family and friends? For the price, it is a no-brainer if stateroom space is not that of an issue for you. I guess we will see on the Beyond in a couple of months. 

24 minutes ago, zitsky said:

EDIT:  I see the discussion above.  It will be like family hour at the Solarium.  lol

I can't believe they're letting me, err I mean other people into the Retreat.

How long has this policy been in place?  I've only been in the Retreat once so far and I heard you can't guest anyone in.  I was thinking to move up from Aqua to Retreat on our last cruise.  The only reason I didn't, is because we were with friends in Aqua.  If we knew about this, we could have guested them into the Retreat.

They limit the numbers, so no guarantees…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

That has been available for a while..

That's interesting to know as I've never seen it advertised, and currently isn't online, or received a notification of it being available before? Any idea on how it's limited?

2 hours ago, JDPCruisers said:

Yes, correct but just collect the money from them or pay for them and you're good to go. Luminae and Blu are not that large on most ships so will be interesting to see what that does for capacity and the Retreat sundeck pool and bar area, as well. Maybe suite guests have been asking for this to be available for their family and friends? For the price, it is a no-brainer if stateroom space is not that of an issue for you. I guess we will see on the Beyond in a couple of months. 

See you on the ship..We are doing the same trip and the following one...We will be sunning near the steps up to the Retreat, portside ..Our usual spot, of course depending on the sun...From there we will have a good vantage point to see if people are paying for this,...

On 2/6/2024 at 11:01 AM, doghog said:

Bummer. Maybe a Beyond thing and not fleetwide. The beverage menus in the different bars/lounges. Our last four Celebrity cruises (Summit 2xs, Apex and Eclipse) the bar menu selections of non-lite beers was more than two. What was the IPA? 

I can't remember but I liked it!!!!

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, JDPCruisers said:

How is it that you plan on getting access to the Retreat Package?

On 2/5/2024 at 9:17 PM, Swagner36 said:

I was able to get tips in my included price by going through TA

TA group rate deals through 2024 (that were presumably negotiated pre change) still include tips.  I don't see any in 2025 going forward that include gratuities.  

3 minutes ago, madmedic said:

Hi does anyone know if matinis are still available at the Martini Bar with the premium drink package? Sailing Apex in May and it could be worth upgrading our classic package. 

Yes they are.