Current Celebrity Ascent Stateroom Disaster - No sleep 2 days so far

Has anyone at all experienced this noise in your stateroom? It appears to be in the ceiling and walls.  The ship is full and Celebrity cannot move us but this is outrageous. It’s all throughout the night, so bad that this is day 2 of the voyage with no sleep. This is not a creaking noise that this class of ships has been known for but a banging noise. Never have I ever experienced this before. Stateroom is at the front of the ship.

any advice on how to handle this even post cruise is much appreciated as this has been such a disaster. 

Similar story.  After a full day of banging, welding and shouting in the life boat directly beneath or balcony, I complained (persistently) and got a $500 credit towards our next cruise. (NB:  Life boat was out of commission for our entire cruise! Didn't ask about that.)  We're booked on a TA next fall but have yet to decide whether or not to go through with it.  Anyway, complain and make it clear you expect significant compensation for your continued discomfort.  They didn't offer it until my third "inquiry".

• Like 3

1 minute ago, wanderlust58 said:

Similar story.  After a full day of banging, welding and shouting in the life boat directly beneath or balcony, I complained (persistently) and got a $500 credit towards our next cruise. (NB:  Life boat was out of commission for our entire cruise! Didn't ask about that.)  We're booked on a TA next fall but have yet to decide whether or not to go through with it.  Anyway, complain and make it clear you expect significant compensation for your continued discomfort.  They didn't offer it until my third "inquiry".

Couldn't agree more. Don't take "no" for an answer. Don't have to be belligerent, but firm and do NOT concede. 

We were in 6135 on the Ascent in January.  "Snap, Crackle, Pop" was very annoying during the day, but made it very hard to sleep at night.  After second night of limited sleep (hard mattress was also responsible), we went to Guest Relations.  GR said they would send someone to look into the problem.  To our extreme surprise, the noise was gone -- totally gone!  I recommend going to GR with your complaint.  

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Ask them to move you to a new cabin!

Reading is fundamental. He stated ship is full and they cannot be moved.

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 6
  • Haha 8

Reminds me of the cruise I took on the MSC

Seaside shortly after it was launched. Our room smelled strongly of sewer gas( no not the bathroom drain) coming in from the AC vent. 3 officers confirmed it.Complained and complained and was informed that there were no other rooms available. I informed them that if they did not relocate me I was getting off the first port and they would reimburse me for cruise and air. They magically found another room for me. My compensation was a free (so I thought)  dinner at a speciality restuarant. They ended up charging me for the dinner and denied giving me the certiicate. I will not sail with these pirates again.

• Like 2

Just now, Pushkin said:

We were in 6135 on the Ascent in January.  "Snap, Crackle, Pop" was very annoying during the day, but made it very hard to sleep at night.  After second night of limited sleep (hard mattress was also responsible), we went to Guest Relations.  GR said they would send someone to look into the problem.  To our extreme surprise, the noise was gone -- totally gone!  I recommend going to GR with your complaint.  

Have experienced the same “Snap, Crackle, Pop” (used the same term), on another new ship. Fortunately it was during Covid and were moved to a bigger cabin on Day 3 after many tries by crew to fix the issue!

• Like 1

Unfortunately, yes, I experienced this on Beyond.  It definitely is a known problem…albeit not one that seems to be often able to be fixed.  There needs to be some kind of modification in the ship’s design.  Please go to Guest Services as often as necessary to get some resolution. I don’t believe there are no other cabins they could move you to…I think they just don’t want to set a precedent.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, diesel1973 said:

I informed them that if they did not relocate me I was getting off the first port and they would reimburse me for cruise and air. They magically found another room for me. 

I suspect that they will find a room for you.  They may not want to but ...

• Like 1

We were midship/aft in SS and one night heard distinct 'banging'- very intermittent (maybe every 15 minutes) and initially thought it was a bathroom or patio door hitting (we were on deck 11). Then thought it could be some balcony furniture moving.... after checking, none of the above. Strangely I only noticed it one night and not during any weather event. My wife did not notice and it did not really keep me up. Like a hotel issue one wonders if is worth the hassle of reporting and/or moving to a different cabin.

That said it is difficult to access and document (like my sudden Xfinity data overages).  I agree that you should not be afraid to complain about anything that keeps you up. Best to complain early and often if it is so bothersome.

Do any of the Oasis or the new Icon ship have this issue at RC, or is it unique to Celebrity and Edge class builds?  What about the M and S class when they were new or now?

Hotels eventually get downgraded or a lesser flag, planes and cars get ripped part, new parts or recalled or more, but ships just continue to sail like there is no issue at all. 

• Like 1

We had a similar noise in our cabin, room#12185, Just off the Ascent, very annoying.

Full ship, no options.Being on the 12th floor, we figured there may be some residual noise due to the fact that we were just under pool deck.It was a Blue chip comp room and very little choice when booking.

It's a one and done for E class. Looking forward to our next S class  cruise with a real balcony!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, lovetocruise20222 said:

any advice on how to handle this even post cruise is much appreciated as this has been such a disaster. 

Have you requested someone from GS have the HD with a maintenance person come to your stateroom when you are experiencing the noise issue? 

4 minutes ago, highway180 said:

We had a similar noise in our cabin, room#12185, Just off the Ascent, very annoying.

Full ship, no options.Being on the 12th floor, we figured there may be some residual noise due to the fact that we were just under pool deck.It was a Blue chip comp room and very little choice when booking.

It's a one and done for E class. Looking forward to our next S class  cruise with a real balcony!

Yep, we will stick with the Equinox, 6 cruises on her and never an issue.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, lovetocruise20222 said:

Has anyone at all experienced this noise in your stateroom?

Well, we're on the Ascent right now.  It is a seriously beautiful ship.  Our first Edge Class cruise.  So many improvements, upgrades, etc.  The best.  We'll write a review after.  It is AWESOME.

We're in Prime Aqua Class 9216, booked late.  Our favorite layout with bed by the balcony (I get the left 😉).  We had a little bit of seas last night and right next to my head between the infinite veranda (which we absolutely 100% love) and the corner over the nightstand was 'whatever'.  Woke us up hen kept us up for a quite a while I guess unit we got super tired. 

Ship is moving a bit today according to others, we've got 70+ weeks at sea and it seems mild.  The ship is super.  The veranda is creaking but not really an issue.  We'll see if the night time banging in the corner returns.  Don't want to go the GS and have maintenance and others in our stateroom so we'll just grin and bear it.  Should have bought the beverage package.  🙄

• Haha 1