Current Celebrity Ascent Stateroom Disaster - No sleep 2 days so far

5 hours ago, QuestionEverything said:

Wow, it seems the new builds have sound attenuation issues, not just Celebrity.

Thanks.

Which other new builds cruise lines other than Celebrity have this problem?

We were in 6198 terrible cracking and banging. Woke up in the middle of the night with a sound like someone banged our door shut, it was annoying to say the least. Never complained just thought it was because it was new, growing pains!

3 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

I suspect that they will find a room for you.  They may not want to but ...

They can move an entertainer, lecturer or someone on staff.  

We just got off  ASCENT  Cabin 10191 AQ..Deck 10..  a little creak  (normal) while sailing  but we had smooth seas and no issues.. Loved the bed by bath...One of our best cruises..since we started on Mercury.    My   " Ascent, Jan 28th not quite live" review is  ongoing

So sorry OP has this issue...and hope it gets solved! And with a big refund!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mafig said:

Which other new builds cruise lines other than Celebrity have this problem?

Apparently BEYOND..( see links above ) We had no issues.

Wondering about APEX...already booked.    Will  def not book XL!

4 minutes ago, hcat said:

They can move an entertainer, lecturer or someone on staff.  

but we had smooth seas and no issues.. 

Happy you had a quiet cruise.  Every time I go to book, I read another review about the noisy cabins.

Considering how few people really post on Cruise Critic vs. the general cruising population....it seems to be quite a problem.

Did you hear others complaining while on the ship?

3 minutes ago, hcat said:

QuestionEverything posted that other newbuilds have had this problem, not just Celebrity.

I've not read of any others, at least not to the degree it's been reported here.

7 minutes ago, hcat said:

Wondering about APEX...already booked.    Will  def not book XL!

We were on the Apex in March 2023. We were in a DPV, stateroom 7118, forward. No issues with noise. Structural or neighbors. My wife is a very light sleeper. 

Edited by doghog

Hi all

thanks for all your help navigating this. After numerous times of being told no rooms were available a supervisor finally come to my room and heard the noise himself. Within 15 minutes they upgraded me to an infinite veranda from interior. Persistence is key.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

2 reasons not to book edge class

1) No real Balcony

2) Noisy rooms

Another perfect example of why we don't let others opinions/experiences, positive or negative influence our decisions on what ships, etc. to book. 🙃  Liked the Apex and looking forward to our Edge cruise. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, lovetocruise20222 said:

Hi all

thanks for all your help navigating this. After numerous times of being told no rooms were available a supervisor finally come to my room and heard the noise himself. Within 15 minutes they upgraded me to an infinite veranda from interior. Persistence is key.

Glad it worked out for you. Cheers. 🍻

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, lovetocruise20222 said:

Hi all

glad they switched out cabins, as we were not that lucky.Please come back and report any further issues.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lovetocruise20222 said:

Hi all

And yet still no indication of the stateroom number that might help people to know what stateroom to stay away from. 

• Like 3

Just off Ascent, room 10201, no issues whatsoever…SS with the bed facing the window, what a great layout.  Maybe is was the Martini & Sunset Bar. 

I hope OP gets some resolution. 

Edited by PTC DAWG

2 hours ago, At Sea At Peace said:

Well, we're on the Ascent right now.  It is a seriously beautiful ship.  Our first Edge Class cruise.  So many improvements, upgrades, etc.  The best.  We'll write a review after.  It is AWESOME.

We're in Prime Aqua Class 9216, booked late.  Our favorite layout with bed by the balcony (I get the left 😉).  We had a little bit of seas last night and right next to my head between the infinite veranda (which we absolutely 100% love) and the corner over the nightstand was 'whatever'.  Woke us up hen kept us up for a quite a while I guess unit we got super tired. 

Ship is moving a bit today according to others, we've got 70+ weeks at sea and it seems mild.  The ship is super.  The veranda is creaking but not really an issue.  We'll see if the night time banging in the corner returns.  Don't want to go the GS and have maintenance and others in our stateroom so we'll just grin and bear it.  Should have bought the beverage package.  🙄

1 hour ago, gerelmx said:

2 reasons not to book edge class

1) No real Balcony

2) Noisy rooms

Just to clarify to others, we made the post to support the OP that it does happen.

1. We LOVE the real infinite veranda and PREFER IT.

2. A couple of noisy rooms of notice across a lot of ships on Edge Class and other lines.  That does NOT support the assertion that all Edge Class ships rooms are noisy. 🤥

Will be booking Ascent again for the very near.  😊

Now, one can add the LAUGH rating.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Kelownadon said:

And yet still no indication of the stateroom number that might help people to know what stateroom to stay away from. 

A perfect example of the impatience of someone not actually on the cruise.  I remember NOT living on Cruise Critic on my cruise but doing my review at the end of each day.   When I got home, only then did I have time to go back and read all comments and answer questions I might have missed.  Nothing deceptively malignant about it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, lovetocruise20222 said:

Hi all

Great news....hope you can enjoy some peace and quiet!