Chef's Choice Gift?

Yeah the Chef's Choice until just recently was a plate of stale cookiies.  Pretty pathetic.  But I think they got enough complaints about that..and now it's slightly better with a banana or some strawberries (which my husband is allergic to).

4 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Yeah the Chef's Choice until just recently was a plate of stale cookiies.  Pretty pathetic.  But I think they got enough complaints about that..and now it's slightly better with a banana or some strawberries (which my husband is allergic to).

oh no!!

Thank you everyone!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Well at least its desserts usually lately instead of cookies I can get myself in wj

We are on Navigator now and all we got is a plate of cookies.....same ones from the Windjammer. 😝We are Diamond. 

• Haha 1

LOL- I am diamond plus and today got a special delivery of one Apple, one orange and 10 grapes. Should have seen the look on my husband’s face when he opened 🤣

Edited by Mullwi
  • Haha 3

In speaking with friends who are different C&A categories, it seems the chef's amenity is the same for all categories. 

I suspect if many complain about what is served, that the cruise line will take the cue and discontinue the practice.   We've all seen this in numerous instances. Don't like it, please keep quiet and don't ruin it for others.  It is FREE and no one is forcing you to eat it. 

M

• Like 2

I think my last Royal cruise on the Vision I got a plate of grapes.  

I got too spoilt from MSC YC with daily bottles of wine and daily treats like wasabi chips, chocolates, cookies, fruit...  It was a bit better than a plate of grapes on Day 3.

22 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

I think my last Royal cruise on the Vision I got a plate of grapes.  

I got too spoilt from MSC YC with daily bottles of wine and daily treats like wasabi chips, chocolates, cookies, fruit...  It was a bit better than a plate of grapes on Day 3.

Are you sure those treats had nothing to do with being in the YC but only because you are simply a repeat passenger?    So, those in an interior cabin, are also eligible to receive daily wine, wasabi chips, chocolates, cookies, fruit, daily? 

I think you may be comparing a chef amenity on RCCL (delivered to hundreds of staterooms regardless of accommodation) with MSC YC or suite benefits.  Not a fair comparison.  

M

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Time to prepare the 🍿.

I consider all the benefits free.  I didn't pay extra for them, I simply took a cruise, or lots of cruises.    I'm not including suite benefits that I may receive if I book a suite, as I've paid extra for that. Same with Key, as I've paid for that program.  I'm talking something that is provided to me and countless others on board, simply because we sail RCCL.  They are free, not entitlements or guaranteed. 

Others will differ in opinion. 

M

19 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I LOVE their oatmeal/raisin cookies. I'll take those over anything else they've ever brought.

I love them too. Funny thing is, I had just brought a plate of them from the WJ to the cabin when the knock came on the door delivering two from the chef. Usually it is a nice array of petit fours, chocolate covered strawberries, etc.

5 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I consider all the benefits free.  I didn't pay extra for them, I simply took a cruise, or lots of cruises.    I'm not including suite benefits that I may receive if I book a suite, as I've paid extra for that. Same with Key, as I've paid for that program.  I'm talking something that is provided to me and countless others on board, simply because we sail RCCL.  They are free, not entitlements or guaranteed. 

Others will differ in opinion. 

M

I don't say this to be argumentative, but *everything* we get on board has been carefully calculated into what we pay, whether individually or across the board for cruise fare pricing trends.  Justt sayin'...

Teddie

• Like 2