Concierge class do you have to ask for wine and canapes?

sunsetme

Are they still available and do you have to request them from your steward? How accessible is the concierge for things like dining reservations. What is the earliest boarding time for Concierge, trying to make the dining room lunch.

Yes still available.  Consult your room steward to schedule.  

The concierge is a member of a team of concierge’s which includes the Captains Club host or hostess.  Any of them should be able to help. Their hours will be posted.  

You pick your arrival time when you do your on line check-in. Take the earliest one available to try to make your lunch.

Just got off the reflection and was concierge class.  The canapés just arrived, we did not request.   However we didn’t get welcome champagne that I found out after the cruise we should have received.  Oh well, lol. 

Just off Eclipse, the wine was in the refrig and the canapés arrived daily around 3:00pm unless you turned them down.

Although 12:30 was the earliest time we could select, a few days before sailing we received an e-Mail that Concierge could arrive anytime after 11.

We boarded shortly after noon and the lunch was served 12:30-2:00.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Were canapés ever part of the Aqua cabin amenities? 

Yes, they had been  part of the  Aqua amenities.  We were given a slip of paper each night to indicate whether we wanted them and the time.  

Edited by keesar

1 hour ago, sunsetme said:

why do you have to request these things? annoying

It was a waste of food to deliver canapés to every concierge and Aqua cabin when many people never touched them or were out of the cabin when delivered and they sat out for hours. 
The wine is a very inexpensive sparkling wine that initially was in an ice bucket chilling when you boarded.  Ofen the bottle was left in the bucket untouched the entire cruise, the label was floating in the water and the bottle could not be given to another guest.  So changing to requesting the wine or canapés reduced the waste and for those that actually wanted them they were available.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

It was a waste of food to deliver canapés to every concierge and Aqua cabin when many people never touched them or were out of the cabin when delivered and they sat out for hours. 
The wine is a very inexpensive sparkling wine that initially was in an ice bucket chilling when you boarded.  Ofen the bottle was left in the bucket untouched the entire cruise, the label was floating in the water and the bottle could not be given to another guest.  So changing to requesting the wine or canapés reduced the waste and for those that actually wanted them they were available.

Agree. It’s actually more annoying to get them when you don’t want them as totally wasteful. And if you do want them really easy to request.

• Like 2

As others have said, recent cruises the 'wine' was not waiting in my room and I just let the room steward know day/time I wanted it and it arrived sitting in an ice bucket. 

Opposite happened with canapes, they were horrible prior so I requested not to have them (ever) and still received them the first full day but then after that my 'request' must have reached someone as they stopped.  There is something about unidentifiable cheese sitting on a plate for heaven knows how long that is off putting for me. Maybe this could be a waiving of room delivery fee for x number of times/days instead .. Celebrity are you there?

10 hours ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Were canapés ever part of the Aqua cabin amenities? 

Absolutely.. def part of AQ Class..We worked it out with our Stateroom attendant....and  looked forwad to a little snack each afternoon. with a soda or wine.. .We would ask for shrimp, lox,  fruit and cheese as many of the stadard items were not so great. We bring our own crackers.

.   Last week, (Ascent) the Canapes were not in our AQ package...we  were able to bring a few snacks on board..like chips,  and also back from the buffet if we wanted them.

Edited by hcat

The sparkling wine comes home, and with some fresh fruit, becomes a refreshing beverage.  On the other hand, the canapés are a joke, and a waste as was stated above.  The metal lid that covers the dish, cannot keep the cheese, or some of the other items, at proper temps....You want a snack; grab some cookies at the buffet, or  a few pastries from El bacio.  Way better   

Edited by Hawkstar33

We usually get the canapés, it adds a bit of extra adventure trying to figure out what it is that they have put on that plate! Which we almost always finish. On day 1 we have a list of items to discuss with the steward; on the list is the date/time when we would like the sparkling wine, the days when we would like the canapés (when we don't expect to off on excursion), etc. Twenty-seven cruises on Celebrity so far, never a glitch.

Stan

Just got off silhouette on thursday. The room attendant on first day brought the snacks. My dad told him he was gluten free and the attendant offered to switch to a fruit plate which my dad agreed to. He actually enjoyed the daily fruit plate. I told the attendant i did not want it either and he also offered me the fruit plate which i declined. He also brought the sparkling wine on first day which he put in our fridge and then explained how the other items in the mini bar worked.