Sun Princess complete ship tour

rexdillinger

I’ve started a YouTube channel in order to bring as much actual video of the new Sun Princess to interested viewers as I can film. We are sailing on the 2/18 cruise b2b. I’m looking forward to providing a first look at what I believe will be a wonderful addition to the Princess fleet. You can check out my first post here: 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Thanks Rex, and you are so right nothing about the Sun has been posted within the last 5 months since they gave a tour in the construction phase, and a lot of videos with only the renderings that has been publish by Princess. We will be following you on your cruise on the Sun Princess. You have a wonderful time on the new ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thank you so much!!!  Following for sure.

It will be amazing to FINALLY see some video coming in!

I am interested in anything that might be 'adult' focused.

Will there be ANY open public area onboard that is adults only?

Currently there is deafening silence from Princess on this, as well as everything else...  

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, rexdillinger said:

Because it takes so long to upload videos from the ship, I’ll only be posting on YouTube for now. You can subscribe to my channel and be notified of all postings.

But once a video is uploaded to YouTube, it is simple to post a link here.   I have done that often in Live reports.  Just hit the share button, copy and paste the link. 

• Like 6

I just tried to view your video on You Tube. I’m not sure I found the right 

one. Are there other vacations posted?  I’m booked on the Sun next Christmas so anxious to follow along.  HELP!!!

8 hours ago, seamwoman said:

I just tried to view your video on You Tube. I’m not sure I found the right 

one. Are there other vacations posted?  I’m booked on the Sun next Christmas so anxious to follow along.  HELP!!!

Yes there are some very old as well as miscellaneous videos posted. I have only posted the intro video for the Sun, but this is the Chanel I will post all the additional videos to.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Time to update your thread.  Guess you aren't going to sail on 2/18.  Your heart was in the right place.  

Maybe if they are on B2B, there will be some, but given the late notice on the 18th cancellation, I would be worried about the next sailing.  Lots of speculation on the Sun thread. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, rexdillinger said:

Yes there are some very old as well as miscellaneous videos posted. I have only posted the intro video for the Sun, but this is the Chanel I will post all the additional videos to.

Keep us informed re: cancellations 

I believe you should never setup bait clicks promoting a channel that has the first images for an upcoming cruise. I had pause when another person posted the ship dinning areas before the ship had been turned over to Princess. Seemed like putting the cart before the horse. 

Get on the ship, then post the images. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ivanp91 said:

Why are people so insistent on spelling "dining" incorrectly?

Typo. Thanks

eta You didn’t mention ‘Chanel’ like the store and not channel like a station. 😊😂😂😂 

Edited by SouKnoMe

We were booked b2b (2/18 & 2/28) on the Sun. As soon as I got the email, I called customer service to see if I could keep my outbound flight (booked thru ez-air) and then board the 2/28 cruise. The agent had to discuss this with her supervisor to see if that was possible. When she finally returned, she told me they were cancelling the 2/28 cruise as well and that I should watch my e-mail for written confirmation. 

I asked when the next sailing would be and she said September. I asked her to verify that all sailings of the Sun would be cancelled until September and she said yes. I asked her to verify that with her supervisor, which she did. “No sailings until sometime in September,” was her response.

Did this agent know what she was talking about or was she giving me bad information? I can only go by what this agent confirmed no less than 8-10 times. I will be trying to find out for sure about my 2/28 cruise so that I can make other plans. It would be inexcusable for Princess to wait to the last minute again before they cancelled my cruise.

There is NO excuse for the lack of transparency and communication with this issue. I e-mailed several days in a row asking if this cruise would be cancelled and never received a reply. That is not good business and certainly not how I would expect a company to treat a long time loyal customer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/12/2024 at 8:28 AM, rexdillinger said:

I’ve started a YouTube channel in order to bring as much actual video of the new Sun Princess to interested viewers as I can film. We are sailing on the 2/18 cruise b2b. I’m looking forward to providing a first look at what I believe will be a wonderful addition to the Princess fleet. You can check out my first post here: 

Looks like you were a little premature in vlogging this seeing that last night Princess cancelled the 18th date and we can't rule out a possible cancellation of the one following that as well.  Hope you still get a chance to the second of the back-to-back booking and have a great time.

1 hour ago, rexdillinger said:

We were booked b2b (2/18 & 2/28) on the Sun. As soon as I got the email, I called customer service to see if I could keep my outbound flight (booked thru ez-air) and then board the 2/28 cruise. The agent had to discuss this with her supervisor to see if that was possible. When she finally returned, she told me they were cancelling the 2/28 cruise as well and that I should watch my e-mail for written confirmation. 

I asked when the next sailing would be and she said September. I asked her to verify that all sailings of the Sun would be cancelled until September and she said yes. I asked her to verify that with her supervisor, which she did. “No sailings until sometime in September,” was her response.

Did this agent know what she was talking about or was she giving me bad information? I can only go by what this agent confirmed no less than 8-10 times. I will be trying to find out for sure about my 2/28 cruise so that I can make other plans. It would be inexcusable for Princess to wait to the last minute again before they cancelled my cruise.

There is NO excuse for the lack of transparency and communication with this issue. I e-mailed several days in a row asking if this cruise would be cancelled and never received a reply. That is not good business and certainly not how I would expect a company to treat a long time loyal customer.

It's a foreign call center. Lost in translation.