Is there a maximum number of Princess gift cards that can be used to purchase a cruise?

BlerkOne

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

On Carnival I ran into a limit of 9 gift cards (x$500, but I don't think the denomination mattered) that could be applied for cruise payment. Is there a limit on Princess?

Here is another thread. Mentions in post #3 two cruises paid in full with cards.

• Thanks 1

I have paid off 2 complete cruise fares with AARP cards.  Does not appear to be a limit...I would be very surprised if there were because as far as Princess is concerned, they should be "good as cash".  There *is* however, a limit of five cards per month (from AARP Rewards) PER ACCOUNT.  Many people have posted that they create an account for the spose in order to bump the limit up.  As best I can tell, the accounts are keyed on an email address, so if you can have a different email (easy enough to do these days) then you *should* be able to meet that requirement.

• Thanks 1

I paid for 63 days on Grand Princess using nothing but gift cards purchased at a discount from AARP. It's like money and they are happy to accept money.

• Thanks 1

Thank you. Even at just an 8% discount these days, it is still money to me! I didn't want to load up to be left holding onto too many. I also might consider purchasing the plus or higher in advance now.  The 8% will offset the increase in Princess insurance, and Princess will raise the package price sooner of later.

• Like 1

I just completed payment in full for the Sun Princess on June 1. Gave my TA an encrypted spreadsheet with 29 gift card numbers and pins. Thought it would be 30 but he only needed 29.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I have paid off 2 complete cruise fares with AARP cards.  Does not appear to be a limit...I would be very surprised if there were because as far as Princess is concerned, they should be "good as cash".  There *is* however, a limit of five cards per month (from AARP Rewards) PER ACCOUNT.  Many people have posted that they create an account for the spose in order to bump the limit up.  As best I can tell, the accounts are keyed on an email address, so if you can have a different email (easy enough to do these days) then you *should* be able to meet that requirement.

I’m on the AARP web site, I’m a member, where do I find the Princess AARP gift cards?

Thanks!

Tom😀

14 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

I just completed payment in full for the Sun Princess on June 1. Gave my TA an encrypted spreadsheet with 29 gift card numbers and pins. Thought it would be 30 but he only needed 29.

Just doublechecking. My TA can use my AARP gift cards to pay for my cruise?  Thanks.

Question: I am paying my fare using gift cards, but may end of with 100 or so left. Can I use that amount later for OBC? Also, can you use gift cards to purchase one of the packages (plus, ie.)?

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, BabsinTX said:

Just doublechecking. My TA can use my AARP gift cards to pay for my cruise?  Thanks.

No reason they can't apply valid Princess gift cards obtained from AARP, but check with them. If they have no idea what you are talking about or hesitate, find another TA.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, kaimanu said:

Question: I am paying my fare using gift cards, but may end of with 100 or so left. Can I use that amount later for OBC? Also, can you use gift cards to purchase one of the packages (plus, ie.)?

Thanks in advance!

Whatever is leftover stays on the card and you can use normally.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kaimanu said:

Thanks in advance!

I had a $500 gift card left but only a few hundred dollars still owed. I told my TA to just use my credit card for the extra and I would keep the card. He paid the extra himself. I'll be taking the $500 gift card onboard with me and will go to Guest Services and apply it as OBC.

2 hours ago, BabsinTX said:

The agency our TA works for has a small amount of the total cost that they will not apply gift cards to. Less than a single $500 card. I don't care, as I prefer no to split cards anyway. Compared to the huge discounts I get with them it is a very small price. So no big deal just FYI. 

• Like 1

Just now, SSAtlantic said:

I am not an AARP member but could join now if I want. What is the discount on these cards? 

You do not need to be an AARP member as of now. Just sign into the rewards program. The current discount is 8%.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Musky Ike said:

You do not need to be an AARP member as of now. Just sign into the rewards program. The current discount is 8%.

Hah! You just beat me to supplying the answer.  The Rewards Program is free to all, no age restrictions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Hah! You just beat me to supplying the answer.  The Rewards Program is free to all, no age restrictions.

For some things, you need to be a member to purchase, but Princess gift cards aren't one of them.

• Thanks 1