Change cabin after grnty assignment.

LB_NJ

I will have to call Celebrity however I always find it is better to know the facts before a call.

I bought a guaranteed cabin and was just assigned an actual cabin number.

The cruise is still 5 months away and there are many cabins still available in the same class.

I would like to get a different cabin in the same class.

Have people been able to do this?  How hard is it?

2 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

I will have to call Celebrity however I always find it is better to know the facts before a call.

I bought a guaranteed cabin and was just assigned an actual cabin number.

The cruise is still 5 months away and there are many cabins still available in the same class.

I would like to get a different cabin in the same class.

Have people been able to do this?  How hard is it?

What cabin number and ship are you on, I like to look and see what they gave you as I have a guarantee also (the last cabin available when I booked this past Valentine's Day) on the Beyond.  I heard you are able to request for a room change, yes.

3 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

What cabin number and ship are you on, I like to look and see what they gave you as I have a guarantee also (the last cabin available when I booked this past Valentine's Day) on the Beyond.  I heard you are able to request for a room change, yes.

We were recently assigned a guarantee concierge cabin on the Beyond...cabin #11281...8 night southern Caribbean this fall.  Room was booked around 9 months ago..we noticed the assignment about 3 weeks ago.  

1 minute ago, PTC DAWG said:

We were recently assigned a guarantee concierge cabin on the Beyond...cabin #11281...8 night southern Caribbean this fall.  Room was booked around 9 months ago..we noticed the assignment about 3 weeks ago.  

I see its in the aft.  The good thing it is not a joining cabin, but it is in the aft. The other issue is that you have cabins above, if you ask for a different cabin you can end up on deck 12 which means the pool/chairs and Oceanview cafe could be above you.  Based on these three issues is how you decide whether you want a change or not.  I would keep it.

35 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

I see its in the aft.  The good thing it is not a joining cabin, but it is in the aft. The other issue is that you have cabins above, if you ask for a different cabin you can end up on deck 12 which means the pool/chairs and Oceanview cafe could be above you.  Based on these three issues is how you decide whether you want a change or not.  I would keep it.

That is exactly how we viewed the situation..it was a very good deal at booking time...cruise has gone up a good bit.. we will probably place a bid on a SS if the option is presented...mainly for the Retreat Pool deck and the larger room...the retreat lounge doesn't do much for me.  I can take or leave Luminae also.  

Edited by PTC DAWG

As @Jim_Iain indicates the guidelines, and the process, is simple - if you booked on line or direct with Celebrity call them and request a stateroom change.  If you booked through a TA call them and they will be able to see availability and do it for you.  We have done this a number of times in the past.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

We booked a guarantee cabin on Equinox.  I wanted a different cabin and called our travel agent we booked through.  He told me he couldn't do anything to change it as it was assigned from Celebrity.  I called Celebrity and they were able to change it for me.

18 minutes ago, cruisers5 said:

We booked a guarantee cabin on Equinox.  I wanted a different cabin and called our travel agent we booked through.  He told me he couldn't do anything to change it as it was assigned from Celebrity.  I called Celebrity and they were able to change it for me.

Time for a new travel agent , they probably didn’t want to send a couple hours on hold to make the change 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Time for a new travel agent , they probably didn’t want to send a couple hours on hold to make the change 

Agree - especially as they can do it through the booking on line and do not have to talk with a Celebrity rep. In our experience the TA did it while we were on the phone with them to confirm our new selection. (I'm also somewhat surprised Celebrity did it directly since @cruisers5 indicate they booked through a TA). 

Either way I would find a different TA who understood the process and their responsibility to the customer.

On 2/27/2024 at 11:15 AM, LB_NJ said:

1501 on Eclipse

Did you book as an AQ guarantee or a regular guaranteed veranda? If you did regular veranda, do you now get the Aqua perks?

1 hour ago, Tierun said:

Did you book as an AQ guarantee or a regular guaranteed veranda? If you did regular veranda, do you now get the Aqua perks?

I booked an AQ guarantee.  Doubt I would have gotten an Aqua if I had only booked a regular guaranteed veranda.

• Like 1

Seems like others have already answered but we have done this as well. We got assigned a room over the theater and got ourselves moved to the aft of the ship without any problem since it was another available back there.