Ducks! Okay, let’s talk.

Guest Snaxmuppet
1 minute ago, swjumbo said:

Best thing you can do with ducks is set them free…., over the side of the ship!

Quack

NOOOOOO! Nothing over the side of the ship please!

OK, you were joking... I get that... but it must be said for all those newbie cruisers... throwing things over the side into the water is a great way to get thrown off the ship. 

Sorry... someone had to say it!

On 3/4/2024 at 11:57 AM, Musky Ike said:

I like that idea. Kind of like the "where's George" link on some us currency, you can follow their travels. Maybe you will find them again as elite ducks someday.  

Our 8 and 3 years old granddaughters enjoyed looking for them on our family cruise last summer.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, swjumbo said:

Best thing you can do with ducks is set them free…… over the side!

Quack, quack, bye bye!

That's the last thing you'd want to do. There's enough plastics in our oceans.

Edited by Yehootu
  • Like 3

I'm tempted to buy a few gross of said ducks and having a release party in one of the ship's pools.  It'll be a field day for the deck attendants.

• Haha 1

Good friend sent me a dozen little ducks for hiding on next cruise....

well once the 3 yr & 4 yr old grands found them at home?

They decided their fun to play with, so the ducks will be staying home.

(for as many Princess cruises weve been on, I've only found ONE duck) 😜

I was at Kaiser Permanente this morning and spotted a duck on the receptionist's desk. I asked about it and she replied that someone is hiding them all over the hospital and clinics.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BamaVol said:

We haven’t found one yet, but the June cruise is with the grandkids and they’re psyched.

We were just on  the Emerald Princess and they had a group from our Roll Call that did the duck thing.  I did happen to find one - and set it free the next day.  I did see one other that someone had found and it had a card on it that listed where and when the duck had been located - for the last 9 years!

3 hours ago, SCX22 said:

I'm tempted to buy a few gross of said ducks and having a release party in one of the ship's pools.  It'll be a field day for the deck attendants.

So releasing them in the pools is frowned upon, and they will not be pleased with you. Not sure what they'll do to you. Why don't you find out?

10 hours ago, Catbert234 said:

So releasing them in the pools is frowned upon, and they will not be pleased with you. Not sure what they'll do to you. Why don't you find out?

How long do your think people will let them float around before they're gone?

To be honest I have not read all the comments but "Disney Cruise Line Bans Guests From Hiding Rubber Ducks" If Disney banned it why would Princess, with its limited number of kids as passengers, allow it?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rhblake said:

To be honest I have not read all the comments but "Disney Cruise Line Bans Guests From Hiding Rubber Ducks" If Disney banned it why would Princess, with its limited number of kids as passengers, allow it?

They do allow it. I think there isn't a big enough bunch of hiders on Princess to make it a nuisance & I have never, ever seen one in a pool or other place where it should not be. So long as people follow the rules (public areas only, no shops, no pools or spas), it is hard to justify a ban.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, SCX22 said:

Before releasing all those ducks into a pool, be sure to pack your bags.  That will make it easier for you when you depart the ship at the next port.  And, be sure to look back to see all of the deck attendants standing at the rail waving good by to you.  😁

On 3/4/2024 at 11:56 AM, Wishing on a star said:

I am usually a 'girl who wants to have fun'...

But...  ducks????

On this I am a 'curmudgeon'...    Sorry....  

I see this like any other thing when there are those who think they can make their own use of a general public space.

I guess I don't really care about your duck, what it looks like, where you are from, etc...

I guess people just think they have to 'leave their mark'.

My motto is Leave No Trace.

If a cruise line wanted to organize hide-and-seek events on certain days...  go for it!!!  

But, I see this differently.

I'm with you, but threads like this just remind me how different people are.

7 hours ago, rhblake said:

Yes, not a large contingent of kids on Princess but I notice they still sell a lot of those stupid bears...

7 hours ago, Thrak said:

Yes, not a large contingent of kids on Princess but I notice they still sell a lot of those stupid bears...

Agreed about the QR codes. I do put a QR code onto my ducks, but I don't use a link shortener & clearly send folks to the Facebook group to post (the link shows when you scan the QR code - I tested that). It's a very good reminder to folks, however. Very sad that we all have to be hyper vigilant about scams. 

7 hours ago, Thrak said:

hey I resemble that comment 😂😂 I have one of the bears!  Now he is sitting on a shelf in the closet but I do own one. 

never found a duck on the sky. But then again I forgot to look for one. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rhblake said:

Because Princess isn't Disney and doesn't do everything they do. 😉

• Like 1

Currently on Crown Princess and heading for Hawaii.  CD Jody is hiding her custom painted white Duckies.  And on previous Jan. 7th Crown Princess Hawaii cruise, Future Cruise Director Beaulah, displayed her Duckies.  

20240311_064330.jpg

20240311_175004.jpg

Screenshot_20240311-175843_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20240311-175900_Photos.jpg

• Like 1