2 device wifi

kajasmin

Going on alaska cruise. When I add wifi there is a 2 device wifi option but you only select one person. I am assuming you can have 2 devices with two different t people. How does wifi work?

Also, is there a way to communicate on boat with people through an app to meet etc? Carnival has one. 

Yes, two people can use the 2 device 1 person plan.  You sign in using the plan's password that you have chosen.

You can communicate with another person through the Celebrity app.  

11 hours ago, kajasmin said:

Going on alaska cruise. When I add wifi there is a 2 device wifi option but you only select one person. I am assuming you can have 2 devices with two different t people. How does wifi work?

Also, is there a way to communicate on boat with people through an app to meet etc? Carnival has one. 

Just to clarify a bit as to what @keesar is saying...you will both use the same set of login credentials on each device.  There is no distinction that either the devices are not really being used by the same person.  It's not "cheating"...they are fully aware of this...not a problem.

Also, when there is a 'sale', the price of purchasing two  "One Device One Person" packages can be less than  the two device option you are looking at.  

The draw back to Celebrity's messaging system on their app is there is no notification tone so unless you are really watching the app you won't know you have a message.  There is a visual alert but it is pretty small.

2 hours ago, Mr. Click said:

The draw back to Celebrity's messaging system on their app is there is no notification tone so unless you are really watching the app you won't know you have a message.  There is a visual alert but it is pretty small.

The chat icon in the app does turn to orange (from white) when you have a message from your fellow pax. You have to invite them to chat to get them into your contacts.

In Alaska you may also be able to connect to your cell plan without any extra charges.   It is in the USA.   Just be careful when still near Canada unless your plan covers that.  

Happy cruising  🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• 2 weeks later...

I just tried to get a 2 device premium Wi-Fi offer for the March sale and couldn’t get just one, everyone in the room had to buy? Anyway around this.

On 3/24/2024 at 10:49 AM, Rick&Jeannie said:

Just to clarify a bit as to what @keesar is saying...you will both use the same set of login credentials on each device.  There is no distinction that either the devices are not really being used by the same person.  It's not "cheating"...they are fully aware of this...not a problem.

But can you be logged in at the same time on each device? Thus by utilizing the wi-fi simultaneously on 2 different devices. TIA, Enjoy 

28 minutes ago, Ajbike said:

I just tried to get a 2 device premium Wi-Fi offer for the March sale and couldn’t get just one, everyone in the room had to buy? Anyway around this.

Unless something recently changed, there is no requirement for all parties in the same cabin to by any Wi-Fi plan.  My wife and I are sailing later this month and during the 50% flash sale over Christmas, I bought the 2 device plan against my wife's name.  I do not have a plan. 

BTW the sale price on the 2 device plan was cheaper than the sale for buying two single device plans (one for each person).

Posted (edited)

Just off Beyond - Texting was far more efficient and compatible when not wanting to focus on the app and phone for responses or messages, especially if the sender has a unique designation on your phone. 

We found the chat function to be useless due to the notifications seemingly requiring the app to be on and visible. The app also drained power quickly.  We do not recall this on cruises in 2023 and 2022.

And, anyone used to having eyes on a smart watch vs phone will find texting preferable too. 

Edited by Cap_D

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ajbike said:

Not sure.  Each cruise offer appears to be differing. 

Here is what's showing for our cruise, Millennium May 2nd. 

image.thumb.png.a34cfb6fb0f8f9fb4039039284372d7e.png

Edited by DaKahuna

55 minutes ago, cruisinlawn said:

But can you be logged in at the same time on each device? Thus by utilizing the wi-fi simultaneously on 2 different devices. TIA, Enjoy 

Not if you only have a "1 device" plan

4 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Apologies...yes.

Thank you.  It's been a few years since we've sailed X, so wasn't sure. Though recently I have been told "no", they couldn't be connected at the same time. Appreciate the info. Enjoy 

ok, I currently have the one device plan reserved. I purchased the two device upgrade plan. Then went back to cancel the one device plan but get a pop up msg indicating I have to cancel the two device upgrade plan first before I can cancel the one device plan.   So I did that, cancelled both then thought I could go back and repurchase the two device plan. It now tells it's me not available.

What am I doing wrong or not understanding here? lol. 

1 minute ago, cruisinlawn said:

ok, I currently have the one device plan reserved. I purchased the two device upgrade plan. Then went back to cancel the one device plan but get a pop up msg indicating I have to cancel the two device upgrade plan first before I can cancel the one device plan.   So I did that, cancelled both then thought I could go back and repurchase the two device plan. It now tells it's me not available.

I ran into something similar when I was changing Wi-Fi plans.  I found the 2 device plan for one person to be on sale.  So I cancelled by existing 2 device plan, but couldn't immediately sign myself up for the cheaper plan.  The 2 device plan was still available but my name was grayed out and so I couldn't rebook it for myself.  So I went ahead and booked the cheaper 2 device plan for my wife.  I noticed a day later that my name was no longer grayed out.  If that is your problem, I don't know exactly how much time has to go by before the system lets you book again.

1 hour ago, cruisinlawn said:

Are you buying the plan or the upgrade.  To buy the upgrade that's being offered you have  to have the basic plan first. 

20 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Are you buying the plan or the upgrade.  To buy the upgrade that's being offered you have  to have the basic plan first. 

I currently have the premium one device plan

I upgraded to premium wifi for one person.  I have downloaded the app on both my husband's phone and mine, and signed in with my login information on both phones.  Should I do a separate login for one of the phones so the app doesn't think we are logged in on both devices?  Or is it okay to share the same login for both phones?

14 hours ago, cruisinlawn said:

I currently have the premium one device plan

Are you looking to change it to a two device plan? if you want the two device plan you have two options.

(1) cancel your current premium one device and buy the two device plan

(2) buy a second premium one device plan 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, chocolabmom said:

I upgraded to premium wifi for one person.  I have downloaded the app on both my husband's phone and mine, and signed in with my login information on both phones.  Should I do a separate login for one of the phones so the app doesn't think we are logged in on both devices?  Or is it okay to share the same login for both phones?

If you only have one plan then either of you can login on any device, but only one at a time.  If you have a second non-premium plan then you would use one set of credentials to log into the premium plan and another different set of credentials for the other basic plan.  Again, only one device can be logged into either of the accounts at any time. 

Yes, you can share logins but again, only one person at a time can use it with the single device plan.