Advice needed - Parents in Sky Class, Adult Kids in standard balcony

No, Sky Class is only accessible to those staying in Sky Class suites. The only way to extend your Sky Class amenities to your adult children would be to add them to your stateroom (or have them book a separate Sky Class stateroom).

• Like 2

I was just on Harmony 6 weeks ago.  They definitely monitored closely. Only the people actually in a Sky or Star class suite were allowed to use the Coastal Kitchen, suite deck, suite seating, etc.  I saw several 'groups' be turned away at the door when trying to bring in non-suite guests.  Junior suites 'may' be able to get a dinner reservation at Coastal Kitchen if there is room, but not able to access anything else like the suite lounge, sun deck or show seating. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, LobsterStalker said:

You beat me to that one !

Cheers

LOL...Cheers back at 'cha!    😉  

But seriously OP....there is indeed no such fee.  

Edited by island lady

15 minutes ago, the admiral12 said:

Thanks for the responses.  anybody know if I could add them to my suite and keep them in a balcony room as well.    I think we all want some privacy 🙂

While technically they could be on this on paper right up until the day of the cruise at the pier they can only check in under one room so they would be a no show on the other and would be cancelled.

Your only options are to either have 4 in your room or pay for them to be in sky class as opposed to a balcony

48 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

We had this same situation last week.  We just did not take access any Sky class benefits.  

We ignored the tours, top tier event and cheers with the officers. We were ok with that.  

Just an FYI - You were in Sea Class (JS), not Sky class.

Some Tours, Top Tier, and Cheers with an Officer are C&A events, not suite related events.

Just now, Another_Critic said:

Just an FYI - You were in Sea Class (JS), not Sky class.

Some Tours, Top Tier, and Cheers with an Officer are C&A events, not suite related events.

Sorry--I listed the correct event, just not the correct class.  😜 My bad!

Or , parents can down grade to a JS and buy the UDP for everybody

so that they could dine together at a specialty restaurant every night .

Throw in a drink package for everybody too,  and have a ball.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, scorpluvsdolphins said:

Add one to your cabin and move the solo person to a JS. At least you can eat dinner together. 
Order from room service (free sky class), from the MDR and/or CK for lunch. You have a table outside to eat. 

That's a good idea but I'd move both adults to a JS to be able to eat with you in CK! The two of you can enjoy the Suite Lounge for some parent alone time!

On 4/1/2024 at 1:41 PM, the admiral12 said:

We are in Sky Class, is there any way to pay a fee to let our Adult Kids use the Sky Class areas on the ship?  On Harmony in May out of Galveston.

Any advice would be appreciated

I think you got the answer to your question. 

My question is do you like your kids? 🙂 Seems strange to me to book a cruise that doesn’t allow you to spend too much time together. Of course you could not take advantage of the suite related perks, but that would sort of defeat the purpose of booking a suite in my opinion. 

• Like 2

If paying to upgrade them to Sky class at today’s prices to a bridge too far, you could consider placing an upgrade bid via RoyalUp (if they get a RoyalUp offer from balcony to a Sky class suite).  If you have their reservation number (and their consent), you can check for RoyalUp offers with this link.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade 

RoyalUp should be happy to take your credit card number rather than theirs when submitting a bid if this is a gift to your kids.  Then, like so many other cruisers, you can sit back hope the bid is accepted.  

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

If paying to upgrade them to Sky class at today’s prices to a bridge too far, you could consider placing an upgrade bid via RoyalUp (if they get a RoyalUp offer from balcony to a Sky class suite).  If you have their reservation number (and their consent), you can check for RoyalUp offers with this link.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade 

RoyalUp should be happy to take your credit card number rather than theirs when submitting a bid if this is a gift to your kids.  Then, like so many other cruisers, you can sit back hope the bid is accepted.  

but I do think this can be a longshot.  So many bid on these, very few get them, especially with ships almost always sailing at full capacity these days.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, rockmom said:

but I do think this can be a longshot.  So many bid on these, very few get them, especially with ships almost always sailing at full capacity these days.  

Valid point.  I look at my own RoyalUp bids as longshots and I never get my hopes up, despite having past winning bids.  Even if it is a long shot, the OP might want to consider bidding.