Downgrading Beverage and Wi-Fi Packages When Upgrading Cabin After Final Payment Due Date

We are paid in full and final payment date has come and gone.  Cruise is ~2 months away.  We have the "Elite" beverage package and the "Premium" Wi-Fi package.

If we decide to upgrade our cabin, either on our own or via a HAL e-mail offer, are we obligated to keep the Elite beverage and Premium Wi-Fi packages or can we downgrade them to the "Signature" beverage package and "Surf" Wi-Fi package?

Posted (edited)

HIA is non-refundable but to my knowledge everything else is refundable.  Cancel, get your refund and buy what you want

Edited by Mary229

Can you purchase HIA which includes Elite Beverage Pack and Premium wifi?  I thought that the purchased HIA only offered the Signature/Surf.  

If it is packaged in the cruise price it is probably not possible to downgrade?  

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

Can you purchase HIA which includes Elite Beverage Pack and Premium wifi? 

HIA in the Early Booking bonus includes Elite Bev pkg & Pemium wifi as well as crew incentive, normally.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kazu said:

HIA in the Early Booking bonus includes Elite Bev pkg & Pemium wifi as well as crew incentive, normally.

Agreed Jacqui, but that is when purchased as part of a cruise.  For the HIA that can be purchased as an optional extra (after purchasing cruise at cheapest (advantage?) price) does not usually include the Elite & Premium internet.  That is why I surmised that the OP's HIA was part of a cruise package.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Agreed Jacqui, but that is when purchased as part of a cruise.  For the HIA that can be purchased as an optional extra (after purchasing cruise at cheapest (advantage?) price) does not usually include the Elite & Premium internet.  That is why I surmised that the OP's HIA was part of a cruise package.

Sorry Colin, I misread your post - I thought you were asking the question.  Apologies and I agree.

7 minutes ago, kazu said:

Sorry Colin, I misread your post - I thought you were asking the question.  Apologies and I agree.

My apologies too.  It was a 'thinking out loud' rhetorical sort of question.  

17 hours ago, Sea-n-Ease said:

We are paid in full and final payment date has come and gone.  Cruise is ~2 months away. 

15 hours ago, Mary229 said:

HIA is non-refundable but to my knowledge everything else is refundable.  Cancel, get your refund and buy what you want

None of it would be refundable at this point.

I think the only thing you can do at this point is ask your TA or HAL and see if it would be possible to drop the HIA and pay for a cabin upgrade but I'm not optimistic.

4 minutes ago, Sea42 said:

None of it would be refundable at this point.

I think the only thing you can do at this point is ask your TA or HAL and see if it would be possible to drop the HIA and pay for a cabin upgrade but I'm not optimistic.

The packages would be refundable if they are not tied to HIA. I just checked - these packages can be bought separately 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

The packages would be refundable if they are not tied to HIA. I just checked - these packages can be bought separately 

I guess that makes sense if it was bought separately. Just like a separate shore excursion or  dinner.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Sea-n-Ease said:

We are paid in full and final payment date has come and gone.  Cruise is ~2 months away.  We have the "Elite" beverage package and the "Premium" Wi-Fi package.

If we decide to upgrade our cabin, either on our own or via a HAL e-mail offer, are we obligated to keep the Elite beverage and Premium Wi-Fi packages or can we downgrade them to the "Signature" beverage package and "Surf" Wi-Fi package?

I am confused on WHY you would want to downgrade your HIA in the first place?  

We have the same HIA offer after booking our upcoming trip during the EBB period last year.  We are also thinking of upgrading/upselling to a higher category (cruise is 4 weeks out).  My concern is that our incentives (like the enhanced HIA, OBC, etc.) might change to the current offer, if we were to change our booking.

Edited by Iamthesea

14 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

We have the same HIA offer after booking our upcoming trip during the EBB period last year.  We are also thinking of upgrading/upselling to a higher category (cruise is 4 weeks out).  My concern is that our incentives (like the enhanced HIA, OBC, etc.) might change to the current offer, if we were to change our booking.

My memory is a little vague, but I moved up from a Verandah to a Vista Suite (published price) and got to keep everything. My PCC said if I were moving DOWN I would have to take the promo (and price) as it was currently! We were much further out than four weeks, and did eventually cancel the cruise and test the Standard Cruise Cancellation Protection, which worked seamlessly. 

• Thanks 1