Change in times Suite/Pinnacle lounge open at night

We recently got off the Adventure of the Seas where the lounges new times are from 5pm-8pm. Which means if you have 5pm dinner you can't partake  in the evening snacks before dinner since they are not available till 5pm and you have to go to dinner. My understanding is that this is fleet wide. Doesn't seem that they did not think this out by eliminating those that have 5pm dinner. Anyone else have this happen or concerns.

It's always been based on dining times. Usually half hour to a hour before first seating to start of second. Currently on Vision lounge hh times are 430-8.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jamon said:

We recently got off the Adventure of the Seas where the lounges new times are from 5pm-8pm. Which means if you have 5pm dinner you can't partake  in the evening snacks before dinner since they are not available till 5pm and you have to go to dinner. My understanding is that this is fleet wide. Doesn't seem that they did not think this out by eliminating those that have 5pm dinner. Anyone else have this happen or concerns.

This has been true for me for the last year or so. They did this very soon after covid for my sailings. That's why I rarely go in in the evenings. I've posted imo they put the time at 5 pm for the lounge same as dinner on purpose. Been true for a while now. At least a year or so.

10 minutes ago, BND said:

It's always been based on dining times. Usually half hour to a hour before first seating to start of second. Currently on Vision lounge hh times are 430-8.

Wait until you go on a larger ship like allure or harmony. Lounge hours been 5 to 8. They might come in a tad early to serve but hours at 5 pm my last 10 or so cruises. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jamon said:

If you are really eager for the snacks in the Suite Lounge then just go have some at 5PM and go to dinner a bit later?  Maybe 5:30?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Wait until you go on a larger ship like allure or harmony. Lounge hours been 5 to 8. They might come in a tad early to serve but hours at 5 pm my last 10 or so cruises. 

We were just on Wonder in Jan for a b2b. Started around 430 and went til 8. We never go before 6.  On Jewel on our last 2 b2bs it was 430. We're currently on either 11 and 12th since restart alone or 13th and 14th. I'll have to count. It's 13th and 14th. My point was though it's always been around dining times to accommodate everyone.

Edited by BND

2 hours ago, jamon said:

We recently got off the Adventure of the Seas where the lounges new times are from 5pm-8pm. Which means if you have 5pm dinner you can't partake  in the evening snacks before dinner since they are not available till 5pm and you have to go to dinner.

I know I eat fast, but isn't 3 hours enough time for you to finish your meal *and* grab a snack in the lounge?

• Like 1

Cigar King......the point here is to have a snack before dinner. Why should one have to go to their dinner late and not enjoy a snack before dinner. And of course 3 hours is plenty of time, if you want to go to the lounge after you eat. That is not the point. Why should that early dinner time be the only one that is affected??

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jamon said:

That is not the point. Why should that early dinner time be the only one that is affected??

The early dinner time is not the only affected, they have time to go after dinner, as was pointed out.  The late dinner has time before but not after.  So both times are impacted.

If I use your (flawed) logic Jamon, the “late dinner is the only one impacted” because they can’t go get a snack/dessert after dinner.  It is just your perspective.  

9 hours ago, jamon said:

I was on the Easter Anthem sail and the CL hours were from 4:30-7:30 PM.  We stopped in a 4:30 as we had traditional early dining. The lounge was like a morgue.  Some nights kids outnumbered adults.

Also, attended the lunch with Officers and the Officers outnumbered the attendees.😊

14 hours ago, jamon said:

Cigar King......the point here is to have a snack before dinner. Why should one have to go to their dinner late and not enjoy a snack before dinner. And of course 3 hours is plenty of time, if you want to go to the lounge after you eat. That is not the point. Why should that early dinner time be the only one that is affected??

Seems important to you to have a snack before dinner.  As I mentioned before, go to dinner a bit later.  Or switch from the 5PM dinner to My Time Dining and you can snack then dine.  Lots of options for you.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, TeeRick said:

If you are really eager for the snacks in the Suite Lounge then just go have some at 5PM and go to dinner a bit later?  Maybe 5:30?

If you are late they give your table away to my time diners.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

We had a suite on Adventure a few months ago.  We did the My Time Dining and set up our reservations for 6:30 each night, so plenty of time to go to the lounge and have a glass of wine and few snacks.  However, I will say the lounge was DEAD our entire trip and the concierge said the suites were fully booked.  We even stopped by the lounge right before 8pm to grab another drink or bottle of water, and again did not see any people.  We did see a couple people in the mornings when stopping in for coffee.

24 minutes ago, TJA27 said:

However, I will say the lounge was DEAD our entire trip and the concierge said the suites were fully booked.

This is normal. Busy the first night. Busy the last night. Generally dead the rest of the time.

I'm just trying to wrap my mind around the frequently stated "snacks before dinner".

SNACKS BEFORE DINNER?  How about just GOING TO DINNER?!?!??!

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

On 4/10/2024 at 7:18 PM, nelblu said:

Also, attended the lunch with Officers and the Officers outnumbered the attendees.😊

Perhaps the change to more of a banquet seating arrangement rather than the previous of an officer at every table has something to do with it?  I know I'm not as interested in attending anymore.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Some of us enjoy the snacks before dinner and don't love the MDR and/or find the portions there small.

I often snack off and on all day in between main meals. Different strokes...

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I'm just trying to wrap my mind around the frequently stated "snacks before dinner".

Have you ever been on a cruise before? People tend to eat a lot more than they would at home.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Depends on when your dinner is.  We eat lunch around 12 and do late seating, so by about 5 or 6 we are hungry for a little something.  For early diners, I don't know why they don't just go to dinner.  The apps aren't that great, but they fill a void when needed.  

14 minutes ago, BND said:

For early diners, I don't know why they don't just go to dinner.

Because food is subjective and some of us early diners might enjoy them more than you do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Because food is subjective and some of us early diners might enjoy them more than you do.

That is not what my post was about, but okay.  My opinion is they fill a void and yours is you like them.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Some of us enjoy the snacks before dinner...Different strokes...

Agree. We always go to the CL for HH when HH first starts. Couple of drinks, cheese plate, my wife always likes a chocolate covered strawberry.Then head down to supper about 45 minutes later, ~6:PM. Enjoy a 5 course meal always in the MDR. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1