If your password at RCI has suddenly stopped working…

7 minutes ago, DennysDad said:

Thanks. That was really very helpful. Just learned some stuff. Very much appreciated.

Glad to help. I am a bit obsessive about keeping apps up to date. I usually check the Play Store every morning and get any updates.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Glad to help. I am a bit obsessive about keeping apps up to date. I usually check the Play Store every morning and get any updates.

I must have had the app set to automatically update because it did yesterday. Here I thought I had to download a new version all the time. You have saved me from that chore. Thanks again!!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Now if only Royal Caribbean understood there app as well as you do. LOL. We won't hold our breath.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

I am android...no problems here.  

I don't know what the issue was. Finally I just uninstalled then reinstalled the app and everything is working. It is a bit annoying that I had to change my password today.

• Like 2

OK...not the app for me...but the website accessing online with the lap top.    Yup, password not working.  Quick change out to new password, done deal.  

RCI IT department doing their best.  😄 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, island lady said:

OK...not the app for me...but the website accessing online with the lap top.    Yup, password not working.  Quick change out to new password, done deal.  

Pat, does the new password have to be so many characters long, combination of uppercase, lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols? 

12 minutes ago, doghog said:

Pat, does the new password have to be so many characters long, combination of uppercase, lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols? 

No...it will let you know what you need as far as total characters (I think total of eight?.....not sure).   I just used all lower case and one number.  I used the same password, except changed up the single number by one up.   No characters or upper/lower case combo needed.  

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, island lady said:

No...it will let you know what you need as far as total characters (I think total of eight?.....not sure).   I just used all lower case and one number.  I used the same password, except changed up the single number by one up.   No characters or upper/lower case combo needed.  

Thanks. I basically did the same thing. I put a special character in my old password and that worked. Worked for Celebrity also. Fore me, it's all about KISS!

Edited by doghog
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, island lady said:

For some reason I picture Jethro Bodine (Beverly Hillbillies) doing his best ciphering to keep the IT department running.

• Haha 8

27 minutes ago, doghog said:

Minimum 8 characters. Must have at least one letter and one number. Upper and lower case letters and special symbols not required.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, doghog said:

Thanks. I basically did the same thing. I put a special character in my old password and that worked. Worked for Celebrity also. Fore me, it's all about KISS!

Yes it indeed is....my theme in life for sure.  😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

For some reason I picture Jethro Bodine (Beverly Hillbillies) doing his best ciphering to keep the IT department running.

Aw gawrsh uncle Jed....uh-yup!  

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Is anyone else having trouble with the android version of the app since this latest update?

Yes, I had to create a new password yesterday. Haven't tried to get back into yet this morning.

Edited by SilkySal
add
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

He mixed up his gazintas and entered too many naughts in a line of code for the password database.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, SilkySal said:

Yes, I had to create a new password yesterday. Haven't tried to get back into yet this morning.

Just like everyone else, I had a problem also.  I create new password today on my desk top computer and then went to app and it worked.  😂 Oh, as soon as I created new password, I received email saying I could now log in using new password.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, UKCatFan said:

I tried that. Said I couldn't reuse a password, so clearly my password is still in there somewhere.

Weird…it let me use mine when I changed it.  Constancy at its best. 

45 minutes ago, Anton said:

He mixed up his gazintas and entered too many naughts in a line of code for the password database.

Best post on the thread, right there!

4 hours ago, DennysDad said:

Now if only Royal Caribbean understood there app as well as you do. LOL. We won't hold our breath.

Just had this pop up when trying  to log in

Point Blur_Apr122024_182103.jpg

• Like 1

Just bit the bullet and "changed" my password. I just used the same exact one and it worked.  Just aggravated I missed out on a price drop on hide away beach. My own fault for being stubborn.