If your password at RCI has suddenly stopped working…

Posted (edited)

I gave in and changed my password. Got into my cruise planner and saw that the price had dropped on an excursion I wanted to buy. Clicked on the purchase tab and got the following message posted below. My guess is that by the time they’re “back soon “ the sale will be long gone.

IMG_8857.jpeg

Edited by perfect match
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, barbeyg said:

I’ve been seeing reports on social media that this is happening.  Just happened to me, and when I tried to reset, my app would lock up when I entered the new password. 

In case this happens to anyone else, I found that going into the site via browser instead of app worked best.  I was able to change password and the website didn’t lock up, like my app.  I was then able to log into the app. 

My Celebrity account had same issue.  Same resolution worked best. 🙂

Gotta love RCI IT. 🙄

Same experience for me too

• Like 1

4 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Has anyone tried "changing" their password to their current password?

I tried that. Said I couldn't reuse a password, so clearly my password is still in there somewhere.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, little britain said:

It now logs you out of the app automatically. Even if you tick the box “stay signed in” 

Nope. Just checked. Still logged in. I have literally been logged in 24/7/365. Only time I'm ever out is when I uninstall and reinstall just in case there is an update I didn't get. Which I do about every 3 months. But I'm as logged in right now as I was 4 hours ago and 8 hours ago. I'm not sure why or even how that happens to you. Maybe you are not constantly connected to some source of Internet?

14 minutes ago, DennysDad said:

Nope. Just checked. Still logged in. I have literally been logged in 24/7/365. Only time I'm ever out is when I uninstall and reinstall just in case there is an update I didn't get. Which I do about every 3 months. But I'm as logged in right now as I was 4 hours ago and 8 hours ago. I'm not sure why or even how that happens to you. Maybe you are not constantly connected to some source of Internet?

Way too many people having issues that never did before, and my device is always connected, since I have a battery backup and was home all day. 🤷🏻‍♀️ There is something going on with RCI side. 🙂 The app does look different, but what is funny about that is when I updated my app, it looked the same. I checked because I was seeing reports of issues.  It changed the look hours later, which I have never had happen with an app before. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I was logged out when the look of the app changed.

For those being logged out automatically now, maybe check your saved passwords. I was logged out of Celebrity this morning, but that was on me, since I didn’t save the new password.  Once I copied it from my password app, the device prompted me to update the password.  I was still logged into RCI this AM when I checked. 

11 hours ago, barbeyg said:

I’ve been seeing reports on social media that this is happening.  Just happened to me, and when I tried to reset, my app would lock up when I entered the new password. 

In case this happens to anyone else, I found that going into the site via browser instead of app worked best.  I was able to change password and the website didn’t lock up, like my app.  I was then able to log into the app. 

My Celebrity account had same issue.  Same resolution worked best. 🙂

Gotta love RCI IT. 🙄

That’s exactly what I did on both Royal and Celebrity. Both me and DH got locked out of both accounts.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Happened to me too…

Had to invent another password 😢

I had one of those long auto passwords from Apple, so I just took off the last letter from the password and it worked.😁

• Like 2

11 hours ago, barbeyg said:

I don’t think so. 🙂 Unless RCI itself was hacked and hasn’t let us know about it. 

How is anyone going to hack RCI? Their IT isn't decipherable to anyone, including the hackers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

3 hours ago, little britain said:

It now logs you out of the app automatically. Even if you tick the box “stay signed in” 

I never get logged out of the app. I do log off the web each time I go there, but the app is always connected.

• Like 2

Well…. I just tried to go into Royal on the web and it said my password isn’t correct….this is after I changed it last night. I give up. I’m not going in until whatever is going on is corrected. Very annoying Royal!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Everything still OK for me since changing my PW about 24 hours ago… for now at least.

I don’t get logged out of the app btw.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Everything still OK for me since changing my PW about 24 hours ago… for now at least.

I don’t get logged out of the app btw.

I never log out of the app. It logged me out. Have you downloaded the latest update? I did this morning and now nothing but problems.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I never log out of the app. It logged me out. Have you downloaded the latest update? I did this morning and now nothing but problems.

For me yesterday I got locked out before I even updated the app.  Now today with the new password, the web says my password is bad….im still logged in the app though….for now

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Same deal, it logged me out yesterday but hasn't since I logged back in with my new PW.

I updated the app yesterday (iOS).

Edited by OCSC Mike

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

How do you update? I uninstall, go to Google play store and download again about every 3 months. Didn't do anything yesterday and mid day the buttons across the bottom changed to a new configuration.

I had to use my PC to change the password this morning.  It now works for both the browser and the IOS app.  I did find that I could not use the same password for the Celebrity app as I do for Royal.  It would tell me I couldn’t reuse passwords when I tried to set it to the new one I use for Royal. 

52 minutes ago, DennysDad said:

How do you update? I uninstall, go to Google play store and download again about every 3 months. Didn't do anything yesterday and mid day the buttons across the bottom changed to a new configuration.

Your phone might be doing auto updates. You do not have to uninstall and then reinstall to update apps. Go to the Google Play Store. Click on Manage Apps and Devices. You will get a list of your apps that have updates. Tap on Update All and the process will start.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Your phone might be doing auto updates. You do not have to uninstall and then reinstall to update apps. Go to the Google Play Store. Click on Manage Apps and Devices. You will get a list of your apps that have updates. Cluck on Update All and they process will start.

Thanks. That was really very helpful. Just learned some stuff. Very much appreciated.

• Like 1