Regular brewed coffee

Hello, 

I received an offer for the refreshment package and wondering whether it’s worth the money.

My husband is a big coffee drinker and i understand RCL offers free brewed coffee, not the syrup kind. How are the fee one tasted? For fellow Canadian, my husband is fine with Tim’s or McDonald lol 

My original plan was to bring some water aboard as I always feel the water offered by the ship tasted differently.  And of coz, without the drink package, we would not be ordering any pops. 

If we are to get the refreshment package, we will probably order couple of pops, 5-6 coffees, 3-4 water a day.

Does it worth the $$? And can we purchase one only and put it under my husband’s name? Will i get in trouble, if i take a sip of his pop in the dinning room? 

Maybe each buy soda pkg and either bring water or pre order a case of bottled water that would be delivered to your cabin.

One person can buy refreshment pkg.  I highly doubt anyone would say anything if you had some of his soda.  

• Like 1

You can also carry your own soda on board along with your water and buy a coffee card.  I believe it is only $30.  I buy one because I like iced coffees.  It doesn't work at Starbucks, but if he is ok with McDonalds coffee (me too) it works. 

I have never had a problem with the regular coffee that is served. As far as I know they serve Seattle’s Best, which is owned by Starbucks. I much prefer it over Starbucks as it is not bitter. 

• Like 1

We find the regular coffee quite acceptable, with the best brew in the dining room at breakfast, (comparable to Tim's, or better), and least appealing in dining room after a late dinner. Coffee in WJ varies, due, I believe, to some passengers drawing theirs off before the urn has completed the process.

Pop can be purchased by the can if you don't have a package, and certainly okay to get two glasses for one can.

• Like 1

Keep in mind you can get good deals on bottled water too.  On our cruise 2 weeks ago we were lucky to preorder 24 1L bottles of Evian for $33.99

And we just did that for convienance since the water from all taps on the ship are pretty pure, much cleaner than municipal water supplies, only affected by the age of the piping on the ships, and even then, that piping only has clean water go through it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rncruiser said:

I have never had a problem with the regular coffee that is served. As far as I know they serve Seattle’s Best, which is owned by Starbucks. I much prefer it over Starbucks as it is not bitter. 

I thought the "urn" coffee in the WJ was Lavazza on my recent cruise, but I might be mixing it up with Celebrity.  Anyway it was fine.

• Like 1

I am in the same boat (no pun intended) as your husband, I am fine with Tim's and McDonald's. The fresh brewed coffee tastes fine to me. It's brewed a little heavy for my liking so I just add a little hot water to it.

• Like 1

I purchased the refreshment package for my upcoming cruise on the Harmony. I enjoy using it for bottled water, espresso based coffees, smoothies, and fresh squeezed orange juice (much better than the concentrate). It can also be used for "mocktails", shakes at Johnny Rockets, and soda/energy drinks. I don't drink much soda.

I got it on sale for $26 per day (plus 18%). I wouldn't pay much more than that for it.

I don't think you'd need it if all you drink is regular brewed coffee. I think that's included in the cost of your cruise (some people use the word "free") in Café Promenade, Windjammer, and Dining Rooms.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rncruiser said:

Coffee is now Lavaza, not Seattle Best.  But for those who don't drink the syrup stuff or lattess, the regular brew is decent. Not your top of the line fresh roasted French Press but not your maxwell House that was roasted months ago.

• Like 1

Some cruises in my vast experience had a coffee package, but I don't know if that's still a thing at all.
The coffee you can get in the Cafe Promenade is free, and pretty good quality, but my complaint was that the milk they provide for it is colder than a politician's heart, and cools the coffee down too much. But this next cruise, on the Voyager in a couple weeks, my daughter is bringing a box of those little creamers that don't need to be kept cool. That may well solve the problem. Just bring a few with us when we stumble out of the cabin, tear their little lids off, and presto! Cream in your coffee without turning it into an iced beverage.

• Like 1

We enjoyed the free coffee on board. One of my favorite things to do was order the free room service continental breakfast. They would give us a carafe of coffee that we could drink at our leisure as we prepared for the day. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Neosophy said:

Keep in mind you can get good deals on bottled water too.  On our cruise 2 weeks ago we were lucky to preorder 24 1L bottles of Evian for $33.99

And we just did that for convienance since the water from all taps on the ship are pretty pure, much cleaner than municipal water supplies, only affected by the age of the piping on the ships, and even then, that piping only has clean water go through it.

I saw the promotion on my app as well but couldn’t figure out whether the price is for 12 or 24. 😞 

IMG_1270.png

16 hours ago, missyprincess said:

Does it worth the $$? And can we purchase one only and put it under my husband’s name? Will i get in trouble, if i take a sip of his pop in the dinning room? 

Sharing is banned, it is thievery and evil. We may see you on YouTube walking the plank. That being said our granddaughter always ends up with the soda cup from the UBP, no one seems to care. As others have said the coffee is not bad at all. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, missyprincess said:

I saw the promotion on my app as well but couldn’t figure out whether the price is for 12 or 24. 😞 

IMG_1270.png

If you click through you can see, you select it on next page before you complete transaction, will tell you the price.  I was lucky when i got 24 for $33.  Not sure i could buy it for that price at home

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Neosophy said:

If you click through you can see, you select it on next page before you complete transaction, will tell you the price.  I was lucky when i got 24 for $33.  Not sure i could buy it for that price at home

i finally found the detail via web.  It is a whopping $38 for 12 bottles only! The price for 24 bottles is $56!Hopefully I will get a deeper discount at a later time. 😞