Best oasis class shows

Hi all,

We are trying to figure out what ship to recommend for first time cruisers.  We think they would love an oasis class ship.

From an entertainment perspective, does one ship stand out show wise?  I feel like allure and momma Mia would be great but the ship is due for a refurbished?

Would Harmony with hairspray be the next best?  How are the ice and diving shows?

What about symphony?

Thanks so much.

Mamma Mia on Allure was my favorite, followed very closely by Hairspray on Symphony.  Haven't been on Harmony to see Grease, but loved it on Independence.  Cats...meh.  

Wonder has my favorite ice show (365)... but not a huge fan of the other shows and it doesn't have an actual Broadway show if that's what you're looking for.

We love the Broadway Shows, too.

1) Mama Mia

2) Hairspray

3) Grease

50) Cats.

(note, Grease is also on Independence, while Saturday Night Fever is on Liberty).

Can't say we have a favorite aqua show- love them all a lot.  Nor the ice show for the same reason.  Flight is an amazing second stage show.

Anyway, the musicals are a very personal taste thing- many others will flip my list upside down.  If you *had* to choose, I would suggest seeing if you can see highlights on the U of Tubes to see which one you like the most.  

I don't see any of them moving ships- the are pretty customized for the ships, and the original reason they moved from Oasis (Hairspray) and Allure (Chicago) have been "solved".  

Have fun, and see all of the shows for the ship you sail on!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Broadway

Mamma Mia on Allure (but I'm biased as I love that musical and have seen it many times)

Hairspray on Symphony is close second.

Aqua Show

Aqua 80 on Oasis

Ice Show

I don't remember ice show names but the one on Wonder is my favorite. 

Symphony close second.

In House Show.

Flight on Symphony.

Haven't been on Harmony (yet) to add it to the mix of candidates (but I did love Grease on Independence, which is also Harmony's Broadway show).

Edited by LuCruise

Just now, George C said:

Cats wasn’t that bad , walked out of Columbus after about 20 minutes 

I agree!

Only could take Columbus for about 15 minutes - it is sooooo stupid - it hurts!

....it took Cats almost 30 minutes to wipe me out!

Looks like I have popular opinions! My favorite ship for Broadway is Allure (Mamma Mia), which unfortunately has my least favorite Aqua Theater show.  On the flip side, my favorite Aqua Theater show is on Oasis (Aqua 80), which unfortunately has my LEAST favorite Broadway show. 😉 

No strong feelings about any of the ice or secondary main theater shows. 

Mama Mia on allure is our favorite.   

aqua theater show #1 aqua 80 on oasis and a very close #2 is hiro on symphony. 

too bad they can’t have a ship with all top shows.  

18 hours ago, cusematt4 said:

Hi all,

We are trying to figure out what ship to recommend for first time cruisers.  We think they would love an oasis class ship.

From an entertainment perspective, does one ship stand out show wise?  I feel like allure and momma Mia would be great but the ship is due for a refurbished?

Would Harmony with hairspray be the next best?  How are the ice and diving shows?

What about symphony?

Thanks so much.

My two cents- all subjective of course based on my tastes.

We cruised Symphony a couple of months ago.  Our favorite show was the Ice Show called 1977.  I personally thought Hairspray was too long and dragged in spots.  I prefer Mama Mia and Grease on other O-Class ships.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/13/2024 at 2:40 PM, OCSC Mike said:

Wonder has my favorite ice show (365)... but not a huge fan of the other shows and it doesn't have an actual Broadway show if that's what you're looking for.

We too really like the ice show on the Wonder the best. The special effects on the ice are amazing. We like the water shows that are more concentrated on actual diving. The watershow with all the ladies that goes on and on is just tedious to us. (can't recall the name).

Edited by baileybrad
spelling
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, baileybrad said:

We too really like the ice show on the Wonder the best. The special effects on the ice are amazing. We like the water shows that are more concentrated on actual diving. The watershow with all the ladies that goes on and on is just tedious to us. (can't recall the name).

Agreed on all counts. I think the skaters do a great job in all the shows but the special effects put that one over the top.

The aqua show is called InTENse. I can appreciate what they did with it but we prefer more diving as well.

We’ll be on Wonder for the 3rd time in June & the ice show is the only one we’ll definitely see again (we always go to comedy but that’s obviously different depending on the comics).