What brand shampoo, etc?

Hello,

We always stayed in aqua class but we booked 6 weeks out of our upcoming cruise and we only had a choice of a deluxe oceanview.  What brand of shampoo/conditioner will be in these rooms?  We love bigelow products in fact I buy them to use at home.

1 hour ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Hello,

We always stayed in aqua class but we booked 6 weeks out of our upcoming cruise and we only had a choice of a deluxe oceanview.  What brand of shampoo/conditioner will be in these rooms?  We love bigelow products in fact I buy them to use at home.

You named the brand.  

Hello,

Certainly choice for toiletries is personal.  If you buy Bigelow at home you should be happy on board.

44 minutes ago, twins_to_alaska said:

Really? I didn't think they had Bigelow in standard staterooms, just Concierge and above.

They don't. On all Celebrity ships,the standard toiletries are unbranded and made specifically for Celebrity. This question was already asked an answered multiple times by the same person,IIRC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Well, in all fairness to the OP both @keesar and @Arizona Wildcat gave them the incorrect answer for their standard stateroom. So I guess just testing the waters again to see what the variable answers would be. Or just forgetful... that happens to some of us as we get older.

Edited by twins_to_alaska
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

What about Aqua cabins?

Laura

Concierge, Aqua Class, and Retreat cabins have Bigalow branded toiletries. Some of the M & S class ships that have been Revolutionized may have other toiletry brands in Retreat Class. Someone Else can confirm whether that's true for M & S class Retreat cabins. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Concierge, Aqua Class, and Retreat cabins have Bigalow branded toiletries. Some of the M & S class ships that have been Revolutionized may have other toiletry brands in Retreat Class. Someone Else can confirm whether that's true for M & S class Retreat cabins. 

Thank you. We had Bigalow in our PH on Summit last year and fell in love with it then.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kwokpot said:

I should have wrote some of the older, NON REVOLUTIONIZED M & S class ships may be using other toiletry brands in Retreat ( I remember a couple of years ago Retreat on the Reflection had personal sizes toiletries that weren't Bigalow). Apologies for typos; I'm writing this while at 35,000 ft. In the air heading to Long Beach for a cruise!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Certainly choice for toiletries is personal.  If you buy Bigelow at home you should be happy on board.

I thought Bigelow was only for cabins concierge and above?

9 hours ago, kwokpot said:

They don't. On all Celebrity ships,the standard toiletries are unbranded and made specifically for Celebrity. This question was already asked an answered multiple times by the same person,IIRC.

I asked again because I still didn't get an answer as to the brand, other than I just noticed somebody above posting it is a generic brand, cabins that are under concierge class.  Bigelow brand are for concierge and above staterooms.

8 hours ago, twins_to_alaska said:

Well, in all fairness to the OP both @keesar and @Arizona Wildcat gave them the incorrect answer for their standard stateroom. So I guess just testing the waters again to see what the variable answers would be. Or just forgetful... that happens to some of us as we get older.

I knew as you mentioned that some people did not give the correct answer because I know as a fact bigalow products are for concierge class and up.  I am trying to see if somebody knows the actual brand that I will get.  Not forgetful, just didn't get a brand name other than somebody saying generic for celebrity.

I came prepared with my own hair products (Bigelow) in February as I was in a V1 cabin on Reglection. The subject of toiletry brands below concierge has come up, so as an experiment I used the provided toiletries to see how they worked for me. They were just fine, and I never unpacked the hair products I’d brought along. Was it Bigelow? I’m uncertain, but the lotion in the bathroom was the in the same  Bigelow Lavender Peppermint pump bottles that have been provided in suites and Aqua Class cabins I’ve been in. 

Posted (edited)

I knew as you mentioned that some people did not give the correct answer because I know as a fact bigalow products are for concierge class and up.  I am trying to see if somebody knows the actual brand that I will get.  Not forgetful, just didn't get a brand name other than somebody saying generic for celebrity.

There's no brand name. If you look at the bottles,which are grey colored oval-ish shaped booties that are locked in a chrome holder, all they say is the ingredients and made for Celebrity cruises. People can't tell you information that's not provided by Celebrity. Here's a photo of what I'm talking about. The body lotion and the bar soap don't list a 'brand name' nor the actual manufacturer either.

Screenshot_20240418-171101~2.png

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

On 4/17/2024 at 8:58 PM, Cruisegirl6 said:

Hello,

Eau de Dollar Store.

14 hours ago, Laurab23 said:

We will be sailing on Eclipse next month in Aqua so hope they have Bigalow.

Laura

Yes, the bottles in the shower all say Bigalow in Aqua.  Same bottles are refilled  when getting low by the room attendant.   

41 minutes ago, keesar said:

Yes, the bottles in the shower all say Bigalow in Aqua.  Same bottles are refilled  when getting low by the room attendant.   

Thank you!

23 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Actually, at least on some ships, higher level cabins have an even more exclusive brand of toiletries, whose name escapes me at the moment but when I researched them on Amazon they were very expensive and very nice.  I've only been able to afford to sail a higher level cabin once, but as I am also lucky to be at Zenith level sometimes they will let us use those as well (and sometimes they claim they can't - consistent inconsistency as is common on Celebrity)

• Like 1