Regent Seven Seas Voyager debacle

First and last time I will travel of RSSC. We are currently on Voyager sailing out of Barcelona to Athen . Cruise delayed due to technical issues from day 1 and the subsequent handling and communication of issue and communication of issue has been horrendous. 99.9% of customers aboard are outraged by callous treatment from management. Email to CEO has gone unanswered. WORST experience EVER. Am sure there are many who have has great cruises on RSSC but the true culture of any company is tested at it’s worse - and this company has failed.

Do not use this cruise line!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TashaDickens said:

First and last time I will travel of RSSC. We are currently on Voyager sailing out of Barcelona to Athen . Cruise delayed due to technical issues from day 1 and the subsequent handling and communication of issue and communication of issue has been horrendous.

Some more specific info would be appreciated...if it's not too annoying to discuss.  Thanks!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, TashaDickens said:

Cruise delayed due to technical issues from day 1 and the subsequent handling and communication of issue and communication of issue has been horrendous. 99.9% of customers aboard are outraged by callous treatment from management.

Did Regent get passengers a place to stay in Barcelona? Were you housed? Fed? Transferred?

Have there been issues, technical or otherwise since boarding a day late? How are they handling missed or delayed ports? Missed or delayed excursions?

Please elaborate.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TashaDickens said:

Email to CEO has gone unanswered.

Not sure whether CEOs respond to complaints. Don’t they have minions for that?

I agree that RSSC & sister cruiseline Oceania have atrocious communication policies. 
You haven’t given me enough information to understand your concerns, but I can guess (given recent history) that you have at least one leg to stand on….

• Like 3

5 hours ago, TashaDickens said:

First and last time I will travel of RSSC. We are currently on Voyager sailing out of Barcelona to Athen . Cruise delayed due to technical issues from day 1 and the subsequent handling and communication of issue and communication of issue has been horrendous. 99.9% of customers aboard are outraged by callous treatment from management. Email to CEO has gone unanswered. WORST experience EVER. Am sure there are many who have has great cruises on RSSC but the true culture of any company is tested at it’s worse - and this company has failed.

If you dump and run,  providing  no details, you get no sympathy or credibility from me. 

• Like 11

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, TashaDickens said:

99.9% of customers aboard are outraged by callous treatment from management.

Please explain the “callous treatment

Did 0.1% of guests receive different treatment?

Your cruise was delayed due to an unexpected technical issue. What exactly are you seeking from Regent, other than an apology and maybe a pro-rata refund/FCC/OBC for the lost cruise day?

6 hours ago, TashaDickens said:

It is your prerogative as to what cruise line, if any, that you use in the future.
Others will decide for themselves  

Hope you get over your angst and enjoy the rest of your slightly foreshortened cruise

Edited by flossie009
  • Like 12
  • Haha 1

Tasha,

Please tell us what happened that pushed you to comment in such a negative way.

We'd like to know exactly what the source of your dissatisfaction  was, so anyone who reads CC, will know and can plan accordingly.

When you post something so negatively, you need to back up your claim with some facts...

"enquiring minds, want to know....."

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

Tasha, please do provide some details of your experience. Ignore some of the insensitive comments that you received as a result of your posting. It’s the norm on this chat board. For others, we want to hear the specifics to better understand what happened and how Regent responded to those issues. “Stuff” happens and when it does, the truly customer oriented companies rise up to make it right. My problems that I encountered on my recent Regent cruise are minor compared to what you experienced but I felt the lack of empathy from the management team. By the way, before people ask me to detail the issues I encountered, they are well documented on one of my previous postings. You can look it up.

Edited by pappy1022
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, pappy1022 said:

Tasha, please do provide some details of your experience. Ignore some of the insensitive comments that you received as a result of your posting. It’s the norm on this chat board. For others, we want to hear the specifics to better understand what happened and how Regent responded to those issues. “Stuff” happens and when it does, the truly customer oriented companies rise up to make it right. My problems that I encountered on my recent Regent cruise are minor compared to what you experienced but I felt the lack of empathy from the management team. By the way, before people ask me to detail the issues I encountered, they are well documented on one of my previous postings. You can look it up.

Pappy - Exactly which "insensitive comments" did Tasha receive in response to her post that you're referring to?  All I've seen is that people would like some further specific details which might form the foundation for such a degree of being so upset by herself and ostensibly by the entire compliment of other passengers (i.e., 99.9%)?  Is that so unreasonable to ask of the OP?

If someone is going to post a statement such as "...99.9% of all the customers onboard are outraged by the callous treatment they've received from management...", I'd like to know what the actual surrounding egregious events and actions were that caused such a supposedly overwhelming and widespread dissatisfaction among nearly all the passengers?  I'd also like to know what "measurement tool" (such as an ad hoc survey, etc., the poster might have distributed to all passengers) was used for making such a specific and precise statement?  More measured terms such as "Some", "most", "more than a few", "several people I've talked to", etc. might give more credence to the post that alleges poor treatment received by "99.9% of all the customers", and who are supposedly "outraged".

I can't imagine any circumstance that would ever happen on any Regent cruise that would ever draw such unanimously identical outrage from "99.9% of the passengers".  The majority of passengers (and contributors on this forum) can't even agree on the proper consistency or correct serving temperature for the applesauce served at breakfast in La Veranda!

Best Regards.  

• Like 9

3 hours ago, pingpong1 said:

I can't imagine any circumstance that would ever happen on any Regent cruise that would ever draw such unanimously identical outrage from "99.9% of the passengers". 

The missed ports on the "biofouling debacle" in New Zealand Explorer Jan 2023.  I can't think of anyone that was not outraged.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

And to the OP defense the post was probably an expression of extreme pent up frustration and finally being able to vent about it.  I certainly can empathize with the situation after the voyager transfer to Istanbul after the Israel attacks there was a breakdown of communication leaving a lot of people in limbo and upset.   

That said it would be nice to have some more details.  Perhaps things have calmed down and after a good night sleep and some pampering from the excellent crew, things a going a little smoother for OP.  

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Doris Banting said:

We board the Voyager in Athens after this cruise in question. I would like to know if the ship is still experiencing mechanical issues. Thank you.

Plus 1.  We're on an upcoming Voyager cruise, though not succeeding one, and have been following with understandable great interest the travails of this ship since the the beginning of the year with its tales of COVID/Noro/Code Red incidents and now mechanical difficulties that prompted a delayed sailing and presumably missed port(s).  We agree rants without details are not welcome, but if there's indeed fire to accompany the smoke as it were, we're all ears.

22 minutes ago, redraider1966 said:

Plus 1.  We're on an upcoming Voyager cruise, though not succeeding one, and have been following with understandable great interest the travails of this ship since the the beginning of the year with its tales of COVID/Noro/Code Red incidents and now mechanical difficulties that prompted a delayed sailing and presumably missed port(s).  We agree rants without details are not welcome, but if there's indeed fire to accompany the smoke as it were, we're all ears.

It was a technical issue, not a mechanical issue, and it was resolved in 24 hours.

I'm sorry you had a rocky start to your cruise.  I believe others have posted that it began about 36 hours late?

How has your experience been onboard these past couple of days?  Compensation, from Regent or your travel insurance, is definitely something you need to pursue.  I hope you can relax enough to enjoy the time you do have onboard.  All travel, whether with cruise lines or airlines, is prone to disruption.

We have had delays to Regent cruises that were outside of Regent's control, so different than what you are experiencing (twice there were airport strikes in France so we couldn't fly in to join the ships), but nevertheless distressing.  We were able to relax, though, and enjoy the experience onboard before returning home to follow procedures to recoup money lost in the delay.  It's frustrating for you, but please try to enjoy your cruise.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jjs217 said:

I wonder why the OP hasn't responded.

Possibly because they might have posted in the heat of the moment out of frustration and now that they have been on the ship for a while they are having a great time and forgot all about the problem ( and the posting). Just a guess but it seems plausible and even likely.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Johnthesailor said:

Possibly because they might have posted in the heat of the moment out of frustration and now that they have been on the ship for a while they are having a great time and forgot all about the problem ( and the posting). Just a guess but it seems plausible and even likely.

Or maybe were aware that they had gone somewhat over the top at the time, and have decided to say no more.  If anyone else on board has read this, it would be good if they came in with their opinion.

• Like 2

On 4/21/2024 at 8:15 AM, Johnthesailor said:

I hope this is the case.  Count me among those who had a wonderful time on the voyage from Rio to Lisbon a few weeks ago (hello, @Gilly!).  For DH and me, it was our second time on Voyager, third time on Regent.  We love Voyager, love Regent (we have a Christmas cruise booked on Mariner in December/January 2025/2026 already, and are looking to book another cruise with Regent -- we just don't know where we want to go yet).  We feel like we have found a "home" with Regent -- the ships, the crew, and the fellow passengers are something quite special.

• Like 2