Ordering a cake, gone?

The Gifts by Celebrity webshop is a mess.. it's totally stripped with zero items in some categories now. Does anyone know if there still is a way to (pre)order a birthday cake for cabin delivery? What's available does not meet our needs and wishes as a gift to someone: 

The Premium Package: "For the ultimate indulgence, start off the morning with breakfast in your stateroom complete with mimosas, reservations for two at one of the chic specialty restaurants on board, and a personalized cake (choose from 5 different cakes). Later, in the evening, we’ll deliver a bottle of Dom Perignon Champagne, and a dozen chocolate-dipped strawberries." Very romantic but not what we need, we just need a cake or at most a package of a cake and stateroom decoration. :classic_cool:

The mess I mean, example: https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-gifts/items-results?category=CULDEL&collection=CELCAKE this gives you zero platters (I know I said I want a cake but checked all categories..), click the pull down Culinary Delights and a Cheese & Fruit platter appears. Wished it still had the cake category around to do the same trick heh.

I emailed X about this too, this was the reply:

"I am very sorry, our Celebrity Store did go through some changes, and we no longer offer cakes for purchase, the items that are shown on the website are the only items that we have available to purchase. We have not been advised if cakes and other gift items will be brought back.

If you do have a cruise booked with us, and you are not trying to purchase a gift for someone else who is sailing, there should be an area in pre-cruise planner (where you booked shore excursions and things like that), called gifts and gear. There are some items in there that can be ordered . I don't think I have seen a cake but there are other items."

I am not aware of any other ways to order a cake for a standard cabin?

I know this is not the same, but we've let the dining room staff know when we are celebrating a birthday and they sent a small cake to our table after dinner at no charge. They gave us a plate with cover so we could bring the cake back to our room. As for decorations, we haven't done this but a fellow passenger told us they gave room decorations to their cabin attendant along with a nice tip. When they returned to the cabin it was decorated. 

• Like 4

They have changed what they offer eliminating some items and adding others. I’m sorry what you want is not offered, there was probably not sufficient demand for a cake other than the one provided at no charge. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, hcat said:

Also a shame one cannot order flowers!

That's gone too, just realised that. They did delete the floral category, that is something at least. Still wondering why they did half a job.. :classic_biggrin:

1 hour ago, kathynorth said:

I know this is not the same, but we've let the dining room staff know when we are celebrating a birthday and they sent a small cake to our table after dinner at no charge. They gave us a plate with cover so we could bring the cake back to our room. As for decorations, we haven't done this but a fellow passenger told us they gave room decorations to their cabin attendant along with a nice tip. When they returned to the cabin it was decorated. 

Thanks for replying. Although indeed not the same this seems to best way(s) to go for a birthday celebration! Thanks!

19 hours ago, jelayne said:

They have changed what they offer eliminating some items and adding others. I’m sorry what you want is not offered, there was probably not sufficient demand for a cake other than the one provided at no charge. 

More likely it has to do with staff cuts.  Restaurants are understaffed now compared to the past, cabin stewards have more cabins assigned to them etc.  and I'm sure the same holds for kitchen staff, so they probably don't have the manpower to devote to a bunch of special orders anymore.

I won't order a cake or celebration package again.  We were on the Eclipse for my father's 95th birthday and I preordered a birthday cake and to have his room decorated for the big day.  As of 8 PM and being in contact with guest services, his room still hadn't been decorated.  The cake was delivered to his room at 9:45 PM.  

Posted (edited)

I just ordered one at Guest Service. It was Tiramisu and delicious. I had them deliver at dinner. Cost was $29. They had a brochure of different cakes as well as flowers and other sweets. This was Beyond 4/12 sailing. 

Edited by NewBee50
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wondermouse said:

I noticed this with regards to flowers as well. Have always ordered them for the cruise. Now unable to so somewhat disappointing. 

Seems you may be able to order from Guest Services on the ship.  The do have flowers on board.  Last cruise we received a bouquet or assorted flowers with no card.  Last fall I received a large bouquet from the Captains Club. 

3 hours ago, ShawninFL said:

I won't order a cake or celebration package again.  We were on the Eclipse for my father's 95th birthday and I preordered a birthday cake and to have his room decorated for the big day.  As of 8 PM and being in contact with guest services, his room still hadn't been decorated.  The cake was delivered to his room at 9:45 PM.  

How unfortunate!  I know you must have been disappointed and rightfully so!  However, imo this was a shortcoming of the staff on Eclipse, not the celebration package in general. We had a similar package on both Ascent and Equinox and both times were flawlessly executed. I hope customer relations on Eclipse provided you a refund for dropping the ball. 

15 hours ago, NewBee50 said:

I just ordered one at Guest Service. It was Tiramisu and delicious. I had them deliver at dinner. Cost was $29. They had a brochure of different cakes as well as flowers and other sweets. This was Beyond 4/12 sailing. 

Thanks! That sounds perfect!

:classic_biggrin: