The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday April 22nd, 2024

Mykonos- We went to Delos, the Island of Antiquity.  The gods were born there, and it is a law that you (human) cannot be born or die there.  I figured by going there I was buying one more day of living. A lot of famous people lived there, including Cleopatra.  

What pirates hide their ship behind a shorter island?

image.thumb.jpeg.e2e29ec7fc8e42ae00364e164faaa7fe.jpeg

Currently on Delos there is a French archeology team working-

image.thumb.jpeg.24d14382bf099d1db2902eab3623481d.jpeg

Cleopatra's home

image.thumb.jpeg.46632c9e089b8f61c2ed952322659a26.jpeg

Remains of the theatre

image.thumb.jpeg.7c245d2e063be26d262bc44690d6792f.jpeg

Prickly flora

image.thumb.jpeg.3a8ac8049146a1c7e5e4c0304ae0ff5a.jpeg

My current screen saver picture

image.thumb.jpeg.610ce983d2c4e263de11d11dbca5dca5.jpeg

A Temple on the hillside- I didnt see anyone walking in this area

image.thumb.jpeg.d67c169ab82ff2e6d87ef304b33097b8.jpeg

Back to Mykonos- we debated about lunch in town, but every one else was in town, so we headed back to the ship-

image.thumb.jpeg.ca9a5ac89a5790f13bd4632198f23f6c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4832899a48c80dc6445ddbfabca7f2c8.jpeg

And saw these right before re boarding

image.thumb.jpeg.01c8215828cc5a5e7b955d6a579b4e0c.jpeg

A few more from Delos

image.thumb.jpeg.3dc1ebebe4e90efab975bb086e838be6.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a85b104c85e769c781825e99f5800edc.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e7a2735a686630318faa0e99717c8192.jpeg

DH and I were the stragglers in the bunch, we usually are.  I dont try to push him into too much, and I like time alone with the sea and sky.  So after we walked with the tour group for a while when they went to the right.....I went and used the one and only ladies room on the island. There were two, but only one worked. It was a beautiful clear day, and one I hope to remember for a long time to come.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Oh, coleslaw- one of my favorite places to eat is Louisiana Bistro, there is one in Decatur and one at the Atlanta airport.  They make jalapeno coleslaw-nice and tangy!  Had some on Saturday. No mayo.  The other place I love it from is the Old Hickory House, closest coleslaw to the Chatham Township NJ deli I can find in the south, since Chick Fil A said that young people don't like coleslaw, so they took theirs off the menu. Using the same excuse for the carrot salad, and the lemon pie.  Well, we know who they want as their patrons...

• Like 18

The dryer just binged the end of the last load.  Once I get the fitted sheets and other sheets folded, I'm through for the day.  

I have been enjoying all the pictures of Mykonos and Delos.  Thank you everyone who shared their pictures, and I won't try to name everyone who posted in case I omit some.  Mykonos is a pretty clean island, and I hope we get to Delos someday.

35 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

We can always try for more, lol 😆 

I make enough typos without trying, so don't tempt me.  😁

1 hour ago, shadow 123 said:

Beautiful

Welcome to the Fleet Report/Daily.  I hope you join our happy bunch often.

Lenda

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shadow 123 said:

Beautiful

🌺Aloha shadow 123!

See! Welcome to a great place! Everyone here is awesome and you will be welcomed by all. So glad you decided to see our board! The comments I gave you are so true here! Enjoy!

🌺Mahalo

Denise🙂

• Like 15

2 hours ago, 0106 said:

@kochleffel Sorry if I stepped on your toes by posting the drink.  I picked mine because of the combination of apples and Mt Fuji; also, I like ginger beer.  However, I think I would be more likely to drink yours; I can imagine it being served in Tamarind.

Wishing you a kosher and joyous Passover.

Thank you, and not to worry. As I was puzzling over the many formulae for the drink, some of them farfetched, I realized that it was setting me behind on the Passover prep, and so left it for lunchtime. If I am too impaired in the morning, I might not post until lunchtime tomorrow as well, although tomorrow's drink is an easy one.

• Like 18

41 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

The dryer just binged the end of the last load.  Once I get the fitted sheets and other sheets folded, I'm through for the day.  

I have been enjoying all the pictures of Mykonos and Delos.  Thank you everyone who shared their pictures, and I won't try to name everyone who posted in case I omit some.  Mykonos is a pretty clean island, and I hope we get to Delos someday.

I make enough typos without trying, so don't tempt me.  😁

Welcome to the Fleet Report/Daily.  I hope you join our happy bunch often.

Lenda

Thank you

• Like 9

39 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺Aloha shadow 123!

See! Welcome to a great place! Everyone here is awesome and you will be welcomed by all. So glad you decided to see our board! The comments I gave you are so true here! Enjoy!

🌺Mahalo

Denise🙂

I'm glad I came here. Thank you so much for the advice. I think I found a home!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Good afternoon, time for a quick check-in.  We went shopping this morning and after about 30 minutes DH said he was going back to the car - a signal to me he's losing ground.  I sincerely hope his case for the valve replacement is approved this week and that the surgery can be done before the end of May as was suggested.

@Cruzin TerriI'm sorry you had to cancel your trip; having had to do the same thing only a few days before departure, I can sympathize with how you must feel.  You know, though, that you did make the right decision for both of you.

@shadow 123Welcome to the Daily; we hope you enjoy your visits - you're among friends.

@Niagarawineyou made me laugh.  What most people don't know is that many of us have decoder rings in our arsenal and are able to figure out pretty much any of the typos we produce.

@kochleffelwishing you a Blessed Passover.

Looks like a bit of a storm blowing through Port Everglades right now - I missed capturing it a few minutes ago when you couldn't see even the outlines of any of the ships.  

image.thumb.png.f82c3848cf4f8693adfa4f6164233a70.png

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 18

6 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

@Niagarawine so glad your chance finally came.  I'm thinking it's a LONG day for @JazzyV,  Welcome aboard @shadow 123,  Port Canaveral webcam just zoomed on Disney Wish so I expect @summer slope may soon be under way.

Roy

Thank you Roy and thank you for the daily maps, hope all is well. You have been on some amazing cruises

• Like 10

@shadow 123  Welcome.  Another cat person here!  Right now I have three black one week old kittens on my porch, along with their momma (Munchkin) a stray.  There are 4 kittens actually, I refer to them as

Black
Fuzzy Black

Black and White

White and black

and 4 that live in the house, and we are feeding about 7 strays.  Your cat is beautiful

(I am the crazy cat lady)

This is a very friendly bunch of people, the Daily is my favorite place to be.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Good afternoon, time for a quick check-in.  We went shopping this morning and after about 30 minutes DH said he was going back to the car - a signal to me he's losing ground.  I sincerely hope his case for the valve replacement is approved this week and that the surgery can be done before the end of May as was suggested.

@Cruzin TerriI'm sorry you had to cancel your trip; having had to do the same thing only a few days before departure, I can sympathize with how you must feel.  You know, though, that you did make the right decision for both of you.

@shadow 123Welcome to the Daily; we hope you enjoy your visits - you're among friends.

@Niagarawineyou made me laugh.  What most people don't know is that many of us have decoder rings in our arsenal and are able to figure out pretty much any of the typos we produce.

@kochleffelwishing you a Blessed Passover.

Looks like a bit of a storm blowing through Port Everglades right now - I missed capturing it a few minutes ago when you couldn't see even the outlines of any of the ships.  

image.thumb.png.f82c3848cf4f8693adfa4f6164233a70.png

Thank you. You'll be in my prayers

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@shadow 123  Welcome.  Another cat person here!  Right now I have three black one week old kittens on my porch, along with their momma (Munchkin) a stray.  There are 4 kittens actually, I refer to them as

Black
Fuzzy Black

Black and White

White and black

and 4 that live in the house, and we are feeding about 7 strays.  Your cat is beautiful

Thank you so much. I am an animal lover. All of them. Anything that lands or walks in my yard is fed.

• Like 13

7 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Black
Fuzzy Black

Black and White

White and black

Mine, too.

Lenda

• Like 11

@shadow 123Here too!  We feed everything that arrives in our yard. Except for the lizards.  I let them eat our bugs though.   However I am not sure I want to start feeding an armadillo if it shows up.  They will destroy a house foundation in no time flat. And I am not too fond of the coyotes, as they have taken one of my cats. My neighbor is always scared I will end up feeding the foxes, but they show up in the early morning hours, and by then the possums and raccoons have stripped the feeders clean. This is why if I can get a cat off the street, I will do so.

• Like 17

Good afternoon from a sunny but windy day in Wisconsin!  Haven't been to Mykonos, but the look lovely.  

@JazzyVthinking about you today

@Cruzin Terrisorry you had to cancel your trip...you know what's best for you and DH.

@ger_77sorry to hear about your DH...prayers his surgery is approved quickly.

@grapau27Thinking of you as you remember your dear Mam today on her birthday.

@marshhawkHoping your kitties are doing well

@shadow 123Welcome! 

Have fun the rest of the day, especially those on cruises right now!  Karen

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, quilty964 said:

Good afternoon from a sunny but windy day in Wisconsin!  Haven't been to Mykonos, but the look lovely.  

@JazzyVthinking about you today

@Cruzin Terrisorry you had to cancel your trip...you know what's best for you and DH.

@ger_77sorry to hear about your DH...prayers his surgery is approved quickly.

@grapau27Thinking of you as you remember your dear Mam today on her birthday.

@marshhawkHoping your kitties are doing well

@shadow 123Welcome! 

Have fun the rest of the day, especially those on cruises right now!  Karen

Thank you for your kind thoughts Karen.

• Like 12