The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday April 22nd, 2024

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good morning to all.

Sorry I did not post yesterday.  It was a hard day for us.  We made the difficult decision to cancel our trip to Italy.  I am not going to go into detail.  We just decided that it was more than DH could handle right now.

Thanks for your understanding.

Terri

Sorry about the cancellation, but it is always best to act on the side of caution in these cases. Hugs.

Susan

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good morning to all.

Sorry I did not post yesterday.  It was a hard day for us.  We made the difficult decision to cancel our trip to Italy.  I am not going to go into detail.  We just decided that it was more than DH could handle right now.

Terri

So sorry, Terri, as I know you were really looking forward to this trip.  Hugs!

I knew I forgot something this morning.  The coffee hadn't kicked in yet.  @RMLincoln Maureen, safe travels to Maryland.  I hope all goes well with the surgery.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

@summer slope I hope you are aboard the Disney ship and are enjoying the time with your grandchildren.  Also, hope you don’t mind me stepping in with the Drink of the Day.

The Fujiyama cocktail is a refreshing and fruity drink that combines the flavors of apple, lime, and ginger beer. It's perfect for a hot summer day or as a unique twist on a classic cocktail. The drink is named after the famous Japanese mountain, Mount Fuji, which is known for its snow-capped peak and stunning natural beauty. With its vibrant green color and sweet-tart taste, the Fujiyama cocktail is sure to transport you to a world of exotic flavors and unforgettable.

(From homebarmenu.com)

IMG_0422.webp.9f006c104b5df42568af9e7c9b5ce61b.webp

1 oz lime juice

4 oz ginger beer

1 oz simple syrup

2 oz green apple vodka 

DIRECTIONS

1. In a shaker with ice add green apple vodka, fresh lime juice, and simple syrup. Shake well.
  2. Strain into a glass filled with ice and top with ginger beer. Garnish with apple slices(optional).

Cheers!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 14

Fujiyama

There are about a thousand different recipes for this one, and they don't agree on anything. Some of them seem to think that it's named for Fuji apples, not for the mountain, and use apple juice as the mixer or applejack as the spirit. One of them is a pseudotini that contains a tiny amount of sake and large amounts of other ingredients. There's even one that thinks it should be made with Mountain Dew.

Here is the least bizarre that I could find.

2 tsp of Triple Sec
1 1/2 oz of sake rice wine
1 1/2 oz of sweet and sour mix

Stir ingredients together in a cocktail glass. Garnish with a slice of lemon and a maraschino cherry, and serve.

fujicocktail.thumb.jpg.af06485c9eef5f2dab7cc474db56d2b8.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 13

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good morning to all.

Terri

Terri, I'm so sorry you canceled your trip, but you did what you felt was best for Jim and for you.  HUGS!

Lenda

• Like 15

@kochleffel Sorry if I stepped on your toes by posting the drink.  I picked mine because of the combination of apples and Mt Fuji; also, I like ginger beer.  However, I think I would be more likely to drink yours; I can imagine it being served in Tamarind.

Wishing you a kosher and joyous Passover.

• Like 18

Good from Niagara and hope all are well. Just waiting on tests for husband that he has no recurrence of cancer and my self waiting on knee surgery. Interesting week . Anyway prayers for everyone on the sick list and I love cole slaw in any way shape or for,

m. Generally I make dressing by thinning mayo with lemon juice and it’s pretty nice. Well we see if we sail on Koningsdam in May , have not been to west side of Canada butI can heartilyreccomend the East coast, particularly Newfoundland where my family originates. Terra Nova national park is just stunning and the people there are very nice. Tge humour is off the charts. Happy Earth Day to all my friends on this board and take care.

• Like 21
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Today’s Care List:

RMLincoln’s DSIL in hospice care

Cruising-along’s BFF’s DIL Amber with HTN, stroke, brain swelling/surgery

Grapau27’s (Graham’s) late mam’s 94th Birthday

RMLincoln driving to MD for DH’s eye surgery 4/23

JazzyV with R leg pain, numbness – surgery today 4/22

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues, on maximal oxygen

StLouisCruisers’ nephew Alex’s in-utero identical twins

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, on CPAP

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Bon Voyage Summer Slope ( Dixie)!

Happy Birthday Rowsby (Sue)!

Earth Day

Passover starting at sunset

Smitty34877’s NH family visiting

StLouisCruisers stepping up to keep the FR/Daily going while Rich/Kazu are cruising

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

5 days for Haljo1935 (Westerdam Apr 27 to May 12) 16d North Pacific Crossing + (May 12 to May 19) 7d Alaska (celebrating birthday on board)

Summer slope (Disney Wish to Apr 26) 4d Bahamian cruise with DGS & his parents, Lobsternight (Koningsdam to April 27) 22d Solar Eclipse & Circle Hawaii, ORTravelGal (Rotterdam to May 4) 21d Atlantic Isles, Norway, Scotland, Richwmn (Volendam to May 4, The Atlantic Coast), AncientWanderer (Westerdam to Apr 27) 14d Japan Discovery + (Westerdam Apr 27 to May 12) N. Pacific Crossing, Kazu (Volendam to May 4) 13d The Atlantic Coast, Sailingdutchy (Nieuw Statendam to May 5) 28d Bermuda, Brittany & Canary Island Allure, VMax1700 (Nieuw Statendam to May 5) 14d Canary Island Allure. Overhead Fred (Nieuw Statendam to May 5) 28d Bermuda, Brittany & Canary Island Allure, Cat in my lap (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage), Gail & Marty sailing away (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage) and Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage)

6 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Happy Heavenly Birthday to your Mam @grapau27

6 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

@Rowsby  Happy Birthday Sue! 🎂

@grapau27 Happy Heavenly Birthday to your mam.

6 hours ago, Denise T said:

Happy Monday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Today is sunny. Highs in the low 60s. Last night we had a frost advisory. Today I do not have to report for jury duty. A relief since it is about an hour's drive to the courthouse during rush hour traffic, I don't mind jury duty, the problem is that I am self-employed and that $9 for reporting would barely cover lunch. I start a class of 26 students. I teach the capstone class that they must take before graduation. This is the largest class I have taught so we shall see how this goes. 

Bon voyage to @summer slope

funny cruising quotes - Google Search … | Cruise | Pinte…

Happy birthday @Rowsby.

101 Funny Cat Birthday Memes for the Feline Lovers in Your Life

Thinking of all on the care list. Happy heavenly birthday to @grapau27's mam. @JazzyV, thinking of you as you head into surgery. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Earth Day Cat Glitter Graphic, Greeting, Comment, Meme or GIF

5 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good cold 38 degrees morning. It’s currently warmer in Juneau than it is here.

I hope today brings happy memories for @grapau27on his mam’s birthday. 
Today is a sad memory day for me, on this date in 1997 my mom passed away after a heart attack 💔

Blessings and prayers to all on our journey.

5 hours ago, LambKnuckles said:

@grapau27  Happy heavenly birthday to your Mother!!!  God bless you and I pray all your memories and smiles are filling your day!!!

Happy Cruising to all who are leaving or who are on the water!!

I'm dreaming of upcoming cruises...  but am landlocked for the moment!!

4 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

🙏 for Vanessa May it be Amazing! 
Hugs to Graham and @Angelcat1 

Good luck to Roy

🎂 Sue

🛳️ Bon Voyage Dixie

Good Passover ti all celebrating! 🙏 for the Hostages

🌎 Happy Earth Day!  
Love Dr S quote❤️

Love the pictures from @aliaschief.  And Mykonos!  We visited Akrotiri ther and tge archeology museum, very impressive!  I should have taken a pic of the mules as we walked down the cliff path. That was memorable!  

No news from my family about Sister-in-law still lingering. Sigh. 

Blessing all, I’ll update later. Thanks for your support. 

Maureen 

4 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

@grapau27 and @1ANGELCAT  Thoughts for both of you in memory of your dear mothers.   

100 Sweet Quotes About Memories And Making Them Today | Making memories  quotes, Good memories quotes, Memories quotes

4 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning from a cold for us central Texas.  It is currently 46F heading to a high of 71F.  The skies are clear and there is little or no wind.  Today is laundry day since we are getting low on some clothes.

Last night, we tried to see the comet, but we were not successful.  The best viewing time was just before sunset, which wasn't good.  The comet was near the sun, and the area near the sun was just too bright.  A little after sunset, the trees and clouds were in the way since the comet is low in the sky.  Maybe we'll be successful tonight.

We will celebrate Earth Day, and Girl Scout leaders.  Both DDs were Brownies and older DD was a Girl Scout like her mother.

The Dr. Seuss quote is interesting.

Coleslaw is a good side dish, but I like it with the creamy dressing.  We'll pass on the drink, but would like to try the wine.

We have been to Mykonos twice, and really like it better than Santorini.

Barbara Walters was a broadcast pioneer in many ways, and a great role model for women.

@grapau27  Graham, you and Pauline will be in our thoughts today as you remember your lovely mam on her 94th birthday.  Thank you for the explanation of Chemists Celebrate Earth Day.

@MISTER 67  Better luck to the Lightning tomorrow night.

@rafinmd  Roy, I hope your routine visit with the oncologist is just routine.

@aliaschief  Bruce, thanks for the pictures from Oman and the interesting topography.  Also, the white night looks like another success.

@Haljo1935  Elizabeth, I hope the PCP gets the records and can complete the LOA papers.  Your DGD is a cutie.

@dfish  Debbie, don't worry about the second picture.  I've had the same problem.  Oh, remember, today is Monday.

@kochleffel  Paul, I hope Passover is a good time for you.

436346265_1515000349359379_1145056090351354275_n.jpg.36ebd5b4b1ac6d625ecd3449c303559f.jpg

436805206_1097252424710996_3348804692502652989_n.jpg.daf466ea01ac7349edc2ede862f1abe9.jpg

437356978_10159380077666431_6345526085338449534_n.jpg.cc629dcf00d4bf76ecfe1a4b7b87e8f5.jpg

437536139_122144289878106333_5648800857177219202_n.jpg.fdb1aed0ecb66f8ad29d096b60ab0836.jpg

437729925_122172665942028512_3347851188168594151_n.jpg.fa861e1848e60c61a9bac852f3c740b0.jpg

438777873_25631367099795059_5829374542458081783_n.jpg.36c2ec88e8ee147b7bc96c9c2245a353.jpg

Lenda

3 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  DH could have been a chemist, as that was one of his degrees, but he chose education instead.  We do celebrate Earth Day; a couple of years ago I made some great cloth bags out of table runners I found at the dollar store and they're still holding up well after many washings.  Yay for all Girl Scout leaders.

Wow, it's still early and we're already on page 3; I guess that comes from the individual posting of good wishes.  When I got up the sky looked grey and strange - that's because it rained overnight.  It's partially cleared up now, but according to the forecast we could have more showers until mid-afternoon.  Fine by me, as it helps take down the snow that we received last week and provides extra moisture for the trees and grass.

@JazzyVprayers for you and your medical team as you have your surgery today.

@summer slopeBon Voyage; have a wonderful cruise!

@Rowsbywishing you a very Happy Birthday with many healthy and happy returns of the day.

@grapau27sending comforting thoughts as you commemorate your late Mam's birthday.

@1ANGELCAThugs across the miles; the anniversary of the passing of our parents is always a sad day to mark.  I hope it helps knowing others care.

Not a lot on our plates today, just some laundry and a bit of shopping to do this morning.  This afternoon I'll head back to the sewing machine and finish off the coasters - yesterday I put together another couple of sets and sewed all but 2 of the 13 sets before it was time to quit.  Today I have to finish sewing the last 2, then iron each of them, and do the topstitching before putting them away.

I've never had a Fujiyama, but it sounds interesting.  Pretty sure I'd like the wine, and we often have coleslaw as a side dish.  I like coleslaw, but prefer a creamy dressing, and don't like it when people put horseradish into it.  Yuck.  Tonight's dinner will be easy - I've got a container of turkey soup thawing that we'll enjoy with cheese croissants at the kitchen table.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, and in turmoil.  Cheers to all who have celebrations happening today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

3 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Daily-ites 

52° in Georgetown with a high of 73 and sunny.

Graham @grapau27 heavenly birthday wishes for your dear mam. @1ANGELCAT I am sorry for your loss.

@JazzyV Vanessa you are on our hearts today and we pray for a successful ending to your suffering. 

Bon Voyage to our Dixie @summer slope hope you have a wonderful cruise with family.

Thank you all for your contributions to this thread. Prayers and blessings lifted to each of you.

8 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  It has dipped to 44 this morning.  Today will be sunny and 66 degrees.  A good day to celebrate Earth Day and the beginning of Passover tonight for those who observe it.

Thanks Roy @rafinmd for the fleet location maps.  As I mentioned today we will think about the planet we live on, Earth. Also Girl Scout Leaders Appreciation day because they give up a lot of their time to see to helping educate and lead young girls.  The quote is a lovely thought, and the coleslaw recipes should be interesting.  There must be quite a few ways to make variations of that popular dish.  I have no idea what a Fujiyama is and would pass on the red wine.  Barbara Walters was an interesting lady so hurray to her on attaining that ground breaking position.  Thanks today to Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for their reports.  Dixie is going on a Disney cruise so if there is a sub today we will want to thank them also.

Prayers abound today for our Care list people including Vanessa @JazzyV who will finally undergo surgery which we hope will eliminate all leg pain for her.  We wish you a quick and full recovery.  Also for Carolyn @Cruising-along's family member Amber who had a frightening turn and surgery.  Let us pray for improvement in her condition.  I'm thankful to hear Tana had a better time of it over the weekend and hope that continues for her.  It would be great to have her at the dinner table every day.  Safe travels today for Maureen @RMLincoln and Richard.  We hope Graham has good memories today of his late Mam on what would have been her 94th birthday.  Also prayers today for DB, twin Linda, great nephew Alex's twins, the people of Israel and Ukraine, hostages still held, and our military in the Middle East. 🙏

Cheers to all our cruisers and everyone with birthdays and anniversaries including Sue  @Rowsby.  🎂🎉🚢  Bon Voyage Dixie @summer slope.  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for continuing posting the Care and Celebration lists even while having and recovering from surgery!  You are unstoppable!

The port today is Mykonos, Greece, an interesting and lovely spot to see.  Three previous showcases of that port were on Oct. 4, 2021, Aug. 27, 2022 and June 25, 2023.  Here are the links for you if you need them.  

I hope today is a successful and pain free day for us all.  Stay safe including our travelers and keep well.

Many thanks to those of you who sent your kind sentiments today for my late mam's 94th birthday.

Graham x.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon all. Lovely sunshine today and 18c (68f) on my outdoor thermometer. Weather app is calling it 13c or 59f

@Cruzin Terrihugs to you for having to make a difficult decision. 

@rafinmdwell, I am finally going to see Come FRom Away. It returns to Toronto in September for a couple of weeks run at the royal alexandra theatre. I chose an October 2 matinee so I can take an early train up and the last train home. Excited to finally see the play but also looking forward to the train ride! I love trains. The theatre is a 7 minute walk from union station. 

ah Cole slaw. I bought a new mandolin slicer from cusinart and am finally getting the cabbage sliced thin enough. I use a simple oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, pinch of sugar. We enjoy coleslaw even more now that it is sliced thinly!  It got us thru this wild spike in romaine prices over the last couple of weeks. For two weeks Costco didn’t even stock it. It’s back but 7.99 for the six pack, better than $10 for the six pack! I can’t wait until the garden starts producing vegetables. We grow a lot of lettuce.

prayers for those that need them and a celebratory shout out to those cruising or otherwise celebrating. 

• Like 23

8 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

We've only visited Mykonos once in 2012 on Crown Princess.  I remember seeing Petros the Pelican, mascot of Mykonos.  I think he wishes he could get away from all the tourists sometimes.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKvV5uLmyXg0niVuOr04h9Q?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356369258

Folks, could you please get out of my face?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIZEwqxpZIUdSS_ek1vUpN1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356369241

The "windmills" of Mykonos.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJO4PMkJ9A63YNh5mttgjOp?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356369314

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJF3lLjlJ8eUWQRZkPeRy-T?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356369367

The back alleys00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI6a0ZQlXDVKoTIBABMjJw3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356369342

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLcev29dqUBKaK5OryyIXEW?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356369356

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJORytWN7t3ECBEW-x95qkn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356369396

The good...00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIaBwQR1tnVAjKwarCOXjHP?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356369343

And not so good.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKH3SSZTNhJvI64kwLLgQNo?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356369420

And one of my favorite photos from our day there.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLR8rByTTcjEDzC8bN8B_0b?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356369302

Beautiful

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you Rich, Sandi, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Dixie.  Happy Birthday Sue.  Happy Passover to those who celebrate including Paul @kochleffel.  Bon Voyage Dixie..  Special prayers for Vanessa as she heads for surgery.

Three great days to celebrate.  An uplifting quote by Dr. Seuss.  I have not been to Mkonos.

Barbara Walters was both a legend and a pioneer.

I’ll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Insalata Canaletto, Spaghetti with Meatballs, and Pistachio Gelato as served in MS Amsterdam’s Canaletto April 22, 2014,

A chilly to cold day here and the main thing on my agenda is my routine visit with my Oncologist this afternoon.

Roy

Yum

• Like 11

Good Morning Everyone!

Love seeing the pictures of Mykonos, maybe one day we will get there! 

I like Coleslaw, but hubby doesn't so I rarely make it unless having people over.  Though I have been known to make some and take it over to the retirement apartments that my Mom lives at.  She then shares it with her friends.  They like food made the way they "used to make it" not the commercial stuff they get in the dining room! (Food is good, just not like what they used to make) during Covid I frequently sent "contraband" to her in the form of homemade rolls and cookies to share!

Hubby and I took a trip down the Oregon Coast into California last week to see the Redwoods.  We had a very nice trip but his knee is giving him problems and was worse after hiking around.  He has an appointment Thursday to see what orthopedics can do.

My thoughts and prayers to those who have lost loved ones and those facing medical challenges this week. 

Just for fun, hubby on a walkway though the Redwoods!  This was fun but  the stairs and steps were not good for the knees!

Denise

IMG_5612.jpg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

We're having a few nice days and then the rain will return.  Tomorrow should be especially nice, sunny and up near 70 F.

A good selection of days, I'll pass on the red wine and drink, love coleslaw but in moderation. Tonight we'll be having left overs of the Pesto Chicken Meatballs we had last night.

We were in Mykonos in 2011 on the Celebrity Silhouette.  We took an excursion over to Delos, and the rest of the time I spent petting every cat I saw....and there were many. 🙂  

Vanessa @JazzyV Thinking of you today and praying this will be the answer.  

Bon Voyage Dixie @summer slope!

Happy Birthday Sue @Rowsby!

Safe travels Maureen @RMLincoln

@Denise T Good news that you won't have jury duty.  The day after we left on the Grand Voyage I got a jury summons -- I couldn't believe it.  Long story short, it has been postponed to August.  I'm hoping I won't be called, because parking near the courthouse is so bad.

@Cruzin Terri I'm very sorry you had to cancel your trip 😞  

Sandi @StLouisCruisers Thank you for your prayers re Amber 🙂  She actually is BFF's DIL, but since BFF has always seemed like another sister to me (we've been friends since 4th grade) Amber does seem like a family member of mine.

Today we'll be going to Total Wine to add to the supply, and then stopping by DS and DIL's to see them.  DIL had foot surgery while we were on our cruise, I'm glad she's doing well and weight-bearing now.  It was quite extensive surgery.

Some photos from our day in Mykonos

The Silhouette in Mykonos

1315073948_SilhouetteinMykonos.thumb.jpg.6864b343cf02d344b16111e9c316852a.jpg

I sat very still next to Petros, the resident pelican..

1244377854_Petrosresidentpelican.jpg.dfb6d18c52a49c24bf05d2058067e6ad.jpg

Mykonos windmills

445974295_Mykonoswindmills.jpg.48875bee64af96631fc90d9686d708bb.jpg

Hundreds of cats, each one beautiful and healthy looking.

285232411_Mykonoskittyonstairs.jpg.daab875704c2d5691813a4a55f8b5a2e.jpg

2092206882_beautifulMykonoskitty.jpg.1ffe406736e1bc91e2227301baadb129.jpg

1315356359_Mykonoscat.jpg.c11a629bf8972fcd8f673d7a4c965c66.jpg

Delos

1058173287_AncientcityofDelos.jpg.27388f01a5fa9caee9660ec6f3825db0.jpg

The lions of Delos

1419600682_Deloslions.jpg.9d6c87421359506f23483e3660fe8327.jpg

Delos.jpg.dc09e7a70f2b5d21bd3e51744c96f609.jpg

A couple murals in the Museum of Delos

1777503084_muralinMuseumofDelos.jpg.04f5eb883a101680aba239f6e67ef2f0.jpg

62989283_partialmuralfromwall.jpg.a7554613951ef2553322e0e1c83647d5.jpg

A gorgeous sunset leaving Mykonos

198725042_sunsetleavingMykonos.thumb.jpg.e191c0a9b91029f31485208185a036f0.jpg

Carolyn, I'm glad your DIL has recovered from her foot surgery.

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, Dailyites!  We returned home last night after a very long day of flying from Amsterdam to Victoria.  I think we were up over 24 hours.  Everything went smoothly, and our bags arrived home with us.  They are, as yet, still unopened...  

Wishing @JazzyV a very successful surgery and no more pain after!  

In 2016 we visited Mykonos for the third or fourth time, but this time with our DD, Cathy, and we also met Tony, @sailingdutchy, for the first time.  We had dinner with him and Martha the night before the cruise in Athens, and he had organized some interesting tours for the Prinsendam cruise.  We loved sailing with Cathy, and we sent her to Delos the morning of the day in Mykonos that time and then we met her at the dock and wandered around, it's another one of those pretty blue and white Greek towns.  We had an amazing lunch on the waterfront, so good I forgot to take pictures, of course.

P1030600.thumb.JPG.1e60366ece49bfc07c6158259b940a12.JPG

P1010726.thumb.JPG.a0062ea6bf038b1f81c53dd33443b4db.JPG

Lunch break

P1030590.thumb.JPG.9d937953a90e5a4e39524317873c5f00.JPG

P1010718.thumb.JPG.5c7697358ed70dec1c76b9a4fc3edd0a.JPG

P1010706.thumb.JPG.9703343b2af7a59cd27a5e0affbb7cae.JPG

P1030603.thumb.JPG.0b775afaaed3d29e1e45830b470a7cd4.JPG

P1000437.thumb.JPG.d0f6ba1dc07856c2bbdf6f39d051df8b.JPG

Local guard cat

P1000460.thumb.JPG.f230487d004663fcc58b7355760a872e.JPG

Welcome home, Ann and Pat.

1 hour ago, Niagarawine said:

Good from Niagara and hope all are well. Just waiting on tests for husband that he has no recurrence of cancer and my self waiting on knee surgery. Interesting week . Anyway prayers for everyone on the sick list and I love cole slaw in any way shape or for,

m. Generally I make dressing by thinning mayo with lemon juice and it’s pretty nice. Well we see if we sail on Koningsdam in May , have not been to west side of Canada butI can heartilyreccomend the East coast, particularly Newfoundland where my family originates. Terra Nova national park is just stunning and the people there are very nice. Tge humour is off the charts. Happy Earth Day to all my friends on this board and take care.

I hope your DH get good news today, and there is recurrence of cancer.  I hope you get your knee surgery soon.

54 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

We all do it sooner or later.

And some of make typos a lot sooner than others, and forget about later.

Lenda

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rowsby said:
...I had never put a lego together until receiving the Bonsai Tree for Christmas....and as my family said....it was a slippery slope....and I am now running out of room....!!! 
😂😂

Lighted Legos.jpg

Very impressive!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Yum, yum. I have never tasted a cole slaw that I didn't like however my all time favorite is from Kentucky Fried Chicken.

I've never been to any of the Greek Island so I am really enjoying the photos of Mykonos; it is so beautiful and so clean.

@kazuI love the concept of your Merry Widow cruise and intend to follow your thread. I wonder how many of us regular readers of the Daily are widows. Is a support group here a viable concept?

Prayers for all who are in need and double so for Vanessa with her surgery today. I hope she is able to give us an update soon.  Yeah for Tana's recent progress.  And a big hurrah for all who are healthy and happy.

Jane

• Like 19