Cabin assignment and Royal Up bid questions?

It’s me again….son and I are going on Symphony of the Seas May 10-13th.  We received our cabin assignment today 14211 preferred an OV so I did 2 Royal Up bids!  If you are familiar with this cabin can you share? Also can your Royal Up bid be accepted after cabin assignment?  Is it possible to call RCCL and ask for a change within same category as I heard deck 14 is very loud? Thank you! 

We’ve been on deck 14 mid ship, and it was very loud because of the pool band/pool games. It was only a problem in the mid to late  afternoon when the band plays. Other areas  of deck 14 might not be so bad.

m

55 minutes ago, Mparker12 said:

Is it possible to call RCCL and ask for a change within same category as I heard deck 14 is very loud?

If I'm understanding you correctly, this was assigned from booking a GTY?

If so, you can absolutely move to any available cabin in the same exact category (if booked in North America). Your TA can move you if you used one and if you booked direct you can call for a switch.

42 minutes ago, Mparker12 said:

Thank you I may call for a switch!  Does anyone know if it is still possible to receive a Royal Up bid after a GTY cabin assignment? 

Yes, that was the only time I won one.

We did the Royal Up bid and received new cabin five days prior to sailing.  The only issue was had was even our Cabin Stewardess did not have us in the newly assigned cabin. I'm guessing the couple that originally had that cabin also bid and were successful. We kept getting their mail for three days.  Was an issue with CPAP supplies also, but Guess Services made one call and the water and extension cord appeared  quickly.  

I changed locations on a Royal Up assigned cabin once but that was right after the Covid reopening so the ship was not even close to full. Not sure if it’s possible now. 

Just now, HicksRA said:

I changed locations on a Royal Up assigned cabin once but that was right after the Covid reopening so the ship was not even close to full. Not sure if it’s possible now. 

Its still possible but the chances of another cabin in the exact same category being available are very slim. 

I had a balcony guarantee booked on an upcoming sailing and put in a small bid for the large balcony cabin. My original guarantee was never assigned. I just won the bid about a month out and was assigned a cabin in the category I bid on. There’s a ton of suites open, but I cannot bid again. I guess once you win a bid you cannot bid a second time. 

This is my first attempt at Royal Up. Is it normal for offers to disappear?(I’m 3 days out) they’ve been showing submitted and now they’re gone. I wasn’t expecting anything, inventory was low and I just wanted the experience. I bid on two different upgrades if that makes any difference.

9 hours ago, Sonic2012 said:

Is it normal for offers to disappear?(I’m 3 days out) they’ve been showing submitted and now they’re gone.

What it shown for RU status may vary but them going away eventually is normal. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sonic2012 said:

This is my first attempt at Royal Up. Is it normal for offers to disappear?(I’m 3 days out) they’ve been showing submitted and now they’re gone. I wasn’t expecting anything, inventory was low and I just wanted the experience. I bid on two different upgrades if that makes any difference.

Are you looking for your bids via the cruise planner by chance?  The cruise planner typically closes about 3 days before the cruise, so it may not be the best way to find your bids to check status.  Go back to you confirmation email or use the sign in page at https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade

• Like 1