Current and CORRECT data about bars, food, and ship features?

Does anyone share a link to a "go-to" website containing regularly updated and CORRECT info re: bars, food, and features on each ship?  The amount if out-of-date info floating around is really frustrating.  

For example, the Ben & Jerry's partnership is over, yet so many websites (all, in fact, that I've found) still show it on deck plans on multiple ships and/or still list it in descriptions.  In other cases, the list of bars and/or restaurants shown on websites is totally at odds with the lists printed in 2024 cruise compasses.    

Given that Royal's own posted data is suspect in some cases perhaps my hopes are too high...but hoping SOMEONE out there has done their homework and keeps their info up-to-date.  

Posted (edited)

Ben and Jerry's may be gone, but any ship that had a Ben and Jerry's still has an ice cream shop, so that really hasn't changed.

Also venues rarely change, so I'm not sure what websites have such outdated info.

The RC website and cruisedeckplans always come up first in google searches and they tend to be accurate.

Edited by smokeybandit

1 hour ago, dstein said:

Does anyone share a link to a "go-to" website containing regularly updated and CORRECT info re: bars, food, and features on each ship?  The amount if out-of-date info floating around is really frustrating.  

For example, the Ben & Jerry's partnership is over, yet so many websites (all, in fact, that I've found) still show it on deck plans on multiple ships and/or still list it in descriptions.  In other cases, the list of bars and/or restaurants shown on websites is totally at odds with the lists printed in 2024 cruise compasses.    

Given that Royal's own posted data is suspect in some cases perhaps my hopes are too high...but hoping SOMEONE out there has done their homework and keeps their info up-to-date.  

Change the ship on the app or use Royals website.

1 hour ago, dstein said:

Someone already pointed out that all the Ben & Jerry’s are still ice cream stores. According to my GF the ice cream they serve now is significantly better (both brands are good in my book). What bars/restaurants are listed incorrectly?

2 hours ago, dstein said:

Unlikely anyone outside of RCI has the incentive to do so. 

46 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Unlikely anyone outside of RCI has the incentive to do so. 

Sigh.  Was hoping someone here knew of something a previous passionate cruiser had put together, but won't be shocked if this is the case.  What started as my own "what's on Navigator" data collection has morphed into an ADHD-driven "what's on EVERYTHING" spreadsheet, so at some point I may end up sharing that and seek input from those who are actually much more "in the know" than me - or at least those who are on WAAAAAAAAAAAAY more ships than me!

And for those wondering where Royal's online info falls short, just a couple of examples just from Oasis of the Seas:  

1) Web site mentions they have a "Champagne Bar".  No such named location on deck plans, no such named place in a March 2024 Cruise Compass.  So either it doesn't exist (wrong text) or it exists at a differently-named bar - which is ultimately unhelpful info as it is incomplete.

2) Website says they have a Vitality Cafe, and a March 2024 Cruise Compass backs this up...but not on any deck plans.  Sure, it is not a huge leap to assume it is located with EITHER the Spa or the Fitness Center, but those are on different decks...so which one?

To many folks these are minor nits, but for anyone (like me) pre-planning, it is frustrating not to be able to trust the data (in case #1) or for the data to be ambiguous (case #2).  For a subset of folks (again, like me) who are data-driven (aka anal :classic_tongue:) this kind of bad data is maddening.  Sure, I can triangulate between many sources (Royal data, cruise compasses, 3rd party sites), but that's annoying, time-consuming, and, as noted, STILL leads to errors.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

I think this is what you’re looking for. It was put together by a poster at another popular RC forum.

https://rc.cruises/

Thanks - that's definitely the idea I had in mind.  Whoever put that together thinks very much like I do.  My own "spin" on the data demands that I track more info than this to satisfy my own cravings, but this will certainly help!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mets123 said:

I vote that you take up the task. All those in favor say "Aye".

Well, as it happens I already nominated myself and swept the vote of all those on the couch!. 

I plan to do the first major collection and presentation of the data but then hope to open it up to crowd-sourced updates and changes so it doesn't get stale.  Probably will have the first draft in about a week.  (I LOVE a good, meaty, data-collection task.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/3/2024 at 10:02 AM, OCSC Mike said:

Hey all,

The website mentioned is mine that I developed and maintain because of trying to find information for each ship was frustrating me and a few close friends.

I'm happy to hear of improvements for the website and make it more useful for everyone who cruises with RC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

43 minutes ago, Miickra said:

Hey all,

The website mentioned is mine that I developed and maintain because of trying to find information for each ship was frustrating me and a few close friends.

I'm happy to hear of improvements for the website and make it more useful for everyone who cruises with RC.

Super handy website, thanks for compiling all that in one easy to read spot.

Unless I'm going crazy, I do think Wonder has a few specialty places not listed there; 150, Gio's Kitchen, & Izumi.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tolkmit said:

Unless I'm going crazy, I do think Wonder has a few specialty places not listed there; 150, Gio's Kitchen, & Izumi.

Great spotting, surprised I hadn't noticed it previously as I've been to all those missing venues on Wonder 😞 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Miickra said:

Hey all,

Hey Mick, hope you didn't mind me sharing your site. Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Hey Mick, hope you didn't mind me sharing your site. Keep up the good work!

Go for it, the site was built for everyone to enjoy 🙂

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Miickra said:

I'll admit, I haven't been to your site in a while, mostly b/c I stick to one port and keep sailing the same ship(s) over and over, lol. Anyway, a few quick edits for ya...

"Windjammer" is missing an M.

Utopia will have a GIovanni's Kitchen, it's just not in Central Park. It's in the middle of the ship where Wonderland is on other Oasis class ships.

I think all Oasis class ships have a Trellis Bar in Central Park but you can double check.

Edited by OCSC Mike

1 hour ago, Miickra said:

This is the first time I've seen this, and it is great!! There is so much information, formatted well and easy to use. Thank you!!

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Miickra said:

Hey all,

I would love to provide you with what I'm working on and see if you have interest in incorporating it into your site.  Better to have one really good quality site than me trying to figure out how to share my info on my own!  I THINK I can PM you a link via CC - if so, will let you see what I've got (still a work in progress) and you are more than welcome to leverage it however you want.  

(Update: looks like CC has disabled the feature to allow users to PM each other.  I'll do some juggling and make my spreadsheet available in a bit and update on this thread when ready.)

(Update2: I used the Contact form on your site to send you a link to my spreadsheet so you can take a look and decide whether you wish to use any of the info.)

Edited by dstein
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, dstein said:

(Update2: I used the Contact form on your site to send you a link to my spreadsheet so you can take a look and decide whether you wish to use any of the info.)

Got your email and will take a look at it once I’m back home. Currently on Icon 🙂

21 hours ago, Miickra said:

Hey all,

Awesome site you've made there!

• Like 2

On 5/4/2024 at 1:46 AM, Miickra said:

Hey all,

Amazing!  I love it.  I deleted the data in my matrix spreadsheets (app and restaurants/bars) and am directing viewers and collaborators to your site.  Thanks for putting this together.