Currently on Beyond

This is day 3 of our 7 day Beyond voyage and everything has been phenomenal! Staff A+++, food five stars, the ship five stars. Will give more detail when we return. One piece of advice upgrade to premium internet before you board if you want to do anything other than browse the internet.

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Gilliganluvsmaryann said:

This is day 3 of our 7 day Beyond voyage and everything has been phenomenal! Staff A+++, food five stars, the ship five stars. Will give more detail when we return. One piece of advice upgrade to premium internet before you board if you want to do anything other than browse the internet.

Good timing, I'm looking at a Southern Carribean cruise on Beyond. I want all the details. lol.

4 hours ago, Gilliganluvsmaryann said:

Have u crossed other Celebrity ships? 

Happy Cruising!

Posted (edited)

Hi-

I am also on this cruise and I agree that the ship is stunning and the crew, that I have encountered, are helpful, pleasant  and wanting to accommodate special requests.   Shout outs to Henry in Guest Relations and my Stateroom Attendant Allen!

Food, in my opinion, has been hit or miss.   Have been doing a mix of main and specialty.   Le Grand Bistro (lunch), Fine Cuts (dinner) and Raw On 5 (lunch) were excellent.  Cosmopolitan (lunch today) was good and Tuscan (first night) was not good.

I am enjoying this cruise (traveling with friends) and currently sitting on my aft veranda hoping that the weather doesn’t deteriorate…..somewhat cloudy with some sprinkling.

H

Edited by mombach1
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Gilliganluvsmaryann said:

We were on the Beyond in March and we agree with you.  Our cruise was also phenomenal and the staff was the nicest of all the cruises we’ve been on and we’ve been on 25 +.  Staff is friendly and went out of their way to help you.  Always smiling.   For those currently on the Beyond, enjoy!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Gilliganluvsmaryann said:

Hope you have a great cruise start to finish 🚢🍀👍.

Looking forward to reading more of your experiences onboard.

21 hours ago, FolsomFamilyCruisers said:

Which big production shows are they doing this week in the theater? Are there any additional guest entertainers like comedian, magician, singer? Thanks!

Comedian Ralph Harris very funny. He is a humble vey nice gentleman. Did a regular show and adult show. The adult show was more like PG13 but laughed my rear end off. Carlisa Lockhart (did not see) tribute to Aretha Franklin. Stage Door broadway musicals. My wife enjoyed, I thought the singers dreamed the songs rather than singing. We sat center stage about 12 rows up from stage. Magician Matt Johnson, he was good but I would never pay to see him. Only so much magic you can do in an hour. Tonight is Elements.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hi There,

Someone posted a pic that Le Grand Bistro went a la carte. Could you verify this? if you can. Or is it an option instead of the lunch fee they had for $25 Thanks

442404289_25269491546032516_2599639487707664805_n.jpg

Edited by Bosjoe

2 hours ago, Bosjoe said:

Hi There,

Someone posted a pic that Le Grand Bistro went a la carte. Could you verify this? if you can. Or is it an option instead of the lunch fee they had for $25 Thanks

We ate at Le Grand several times in March while on the Edge.  They charged a la carte for a single item with drinks on our beverage package.  One day I ordered a salad, entree and split a dessert, so they charged the lunch fee price for one and just the a la carte price for DHs sandwich.  The food was very good.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bosjoe said:

Hi There,

If you are dining in Le Grand Bistro, you pay the fee which pays for the food courses. I had an soup, sandwich and dessert for the set fee.   There is also an option to buy individual sandwiches and pastries a la carte.

6 hours ago, Gilliganluvsmaryann said:

Comedian Ralph Harris very funny. He is a humble vey nice gentleman. Did a regular show and adult show. The adult show was more like PG13 but laughed my rear end off. Carlisa Lockhart (did not see) tribute to Aretha Franklin. Stage Door broadway musicals. My wife enjoyed, I thought the singers dreamed the songs rather than singing. We sat center stage about 12 rows up from stage. Magician Matt Johnson, he was good but I would never pay to see him. Only so much magic you can do in an hour. Tonight is Elements.

We did a B2B on Silhouette right before she headed to Europe a few weeks ago.  We saw both Ralph Harris and Charity Lockport on each cruise.  They were great shows.  The best show we saw was Captain Kirk…what a great musician! 

• Like 1

On 5/9/2024 at 2:34 PM, Gilliganluvsmaryann said:

Bosjoe, I was born and raised in Lowell MA. I will stop by the Bistro and let you know. Go Bruins. I hope somebody kicks Thackyuk *** tomorrow.

On 5/9/2024 at 1:11 PM, Bosjoe said:

Hi There,

On 5/9/2024 at 4:00 PM, keesar said:

If you are dining in Le Grand Bistro, you pay the fee which pays for the food courses. I had an soup, sandwich and dessert for the set fee.   There is also an option to buy individual sandwiches and pastries a la carte.

Glad you are enjoying Beyond. We just switched out 12/1 Ascent cruise to the 11/25 Beyond sailing.

Not a fan of the a la carte LeGrand Bistro. It was a great lunch spot. For what used to be $20, then $30, will now be more. 

mac_tlc

Posted (edited)
On 5/10/2024 at 5:14 PM, mac_tlc said:

Glad you are enjoying Beyond. We just switched out 12/1 Ascent cruise to the 11/25 Beyond sailing.

Not a fan of the a la carte LeGrand Bistro. It was a great lunch spot. For what used to be $20, then $30, will now be more. 

mac_tlc

We will be on this cruise with you. Can't wait as this will be our first X cruise. We will be the ones looking very lost LOL. Long time Princess cruisers. Just got off Enchanted a week or so ago, had a great time.

Edited by martinitime1
  • Like 1

On 5/7/2024 at 3:13 PM, mombach1 said:

Hi-

I am also on this cruise and I agree that the ship is stunning and the crew, that I have encountered, are helpful, pleasant  and wanting to accommodate special requests.   Shout outs to Henry in Guest Relations and my Stateroom Attendant Allen!

Food, in my opinion, has been hit or miss.   Have been doing a mix of main and specialty.   Le Grand Bistro (lunch), Fine Cuts (dinner) and Raw On 5 (lunch) were excellent.  Cosmopolitan (lunch today) was good and Tuscan (first night) was not good.

I am enjoying this cruise (traveling with friends) and currently sitting on my aft veranda hoping that the weather doesn’t deteriorate…..somewhat cloudy with some sprinkling.

H

We are booked for Aft for Dec '25 and Apr '26.  Best spot to stay! 

Are daily specials still posted on the sign board  at Le Bistro?  We would pick our fav,  go for a late lunch and skip a full dinner in the evening.Not crowded, great food &  service, wine list and a great view.!

on Ascent, we did a take out lunch..sammies on fresh bread,  shared a  dessert.  It was served to us just outside the main restaurant section..Husb got drinks from the bar next door. Very economical and avoided the buffet!