Celebrity removes loungers from balcony?

2 minutes ago, Salf777 said:

We have always booked the MC sky suite simply for the fact that they had larger balconies with loungers. We spend time out there so it was important to us. We just got off the beyond today and I was told by someone in the retreat concierge that they are saying they will be put on a balcony “upon request “ so I politely advised that when I asked my butler he said no, no more loungers anywhere on the ship on balconies. He said they recently had a no lounger policy but it just changed to upon request. It sounds like once again the corporate offices are trying to change policy and getting pushback and/or not notifying the staff when they go to “upon request “. An employee on this sailing told me that the staff is really getting the brunt of all this. Corporate keeps trying to change things and take things away and when they go back or change policy it’s not communicated quickly enough to onboard staff and they get yelled at by passengers. This person said X is just going the way of royal and it’s sad that these poor people get yelled at for stupid decisions being made by corporate 

Unfortunately many feel the need to take it out on the crew with anything they don't like or can't get.  There is an old expression that a bully only picks on someone who can't fight back.  I've seen to much of this on cruising.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Emailed 2 days ago.  My sense is the current policy is to stick their fingers in their ears and hope we all go away 

Oh wait, that’s exactly what we’re doing. 😀😀

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Salf777 said:

An employee on this sailing told me that the staff is really getting the brunt of all this. Corporate keeps trying to change things and take things away and when they go back or change policy it’s not communicated quickly enough to onboard staff and they get yelled at by passengers.

This is heartbreaking to me. I've said on this thread and others that we most likely won't sail Celebrity again but we had a fabulous time on Beyond in April and it was because of the excellent, friendly service we received from every crew member we came in contact with. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Salf777 said:

This person said X is just going the way of royal and it’s sad that these poor people get yelled at for stupid decisions being made by corporate 

I would never yell at a crew member over a lounger, or anything else for that matter.  It's just not classy.  And I'm sure none of my fellow CC members would either.  But I have no doubt that some people do conduct themselves in such a way and I blame corporate for putting their crew in the line of fire.  How frustrating for them!

• Like 11

I'm just seeing this and I have to agree that this is very upsetting to me. We have 2 cruises booked on the Ascent in Sunset Sky Suites this year and next. A bit part of the reason we chose these cabins is that we love sitting on the loungers and enjoying the balcony and wake views. Cruise ships have been sailing for decades with lounge chairs on their cabin balconies without it being a safety issue. I can't imagine how this would suddenly become a problem. I will also be letting X know my feelings on this subject. 😤

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Liao said:

Unfortunately many feel the need to take it out on the crew with anything they don't like or can't get.  There is an old expression that a bully only picks on someone who can't fight back.  I've seen to much of this on cruising.

Same thing happens on land, unfortunately.

• Like 1

My January cruise on Reflection had foot stools that made sitting on the balcony very enjoyable. It would be terrible if they removed such small items to save a few bucks. Those chairs are not comfortable for extended sitting, time will tell as my next cruise is just a few months away. 

IMG_3568.jpeg

IMG_3607.jpeg

• Like 1

Sorry,, but I have not read the entire thread but......

what about the aft balconies on Constellation?  They are huge on her and her sisters.  Do they still have loungers and footstools?  It would seem ridiculous to just have two lonely chairs and a small table on a balcony of that size.

12 minutes ago, mafig said:

Sorry,, but I have not read the entire thread but......

what about the aft balconies on Constellation?  They are huge on her and her sisters.  Do they still have loungers and footstools?  It would seem ridiculous to just have two lonely chairs and a small table on a balcony of that size.

I just read the entire thread and did not see any mention of the SVs on Constellation.

Anyone know?

43 minutes ago, peterde said:

My January cruise on Reflection had foot stools that made sitting on the balcony very enjoyable. It would be terrible if they removed such small items to save a few bucks. Those chairs are not comfortable for extended sitting, time will tell as my next cruise is just a few months away. 

IMG_3568.jpeg

IMG_3607.jpeg

I agree, those chairs with foot stools are fine by me but, they don't have those on the newer ships.

16 hours ago, Liao said:

No one should be yelling at any crew at any point. It’s not the crews fault that corporate has so little regard for their customers. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, mafig said:

I just read the entire thread and did not see any mention of the SVs on Constellation.

Anyone know?

the info is ALL loungers will be removed 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 1Virgo said:

the info is ALL loungers will be removed 

Well then, fine, our cruise in few days time will be our last Celebrity cruise for us. One less 30+ plus years customers for them. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rinshin said:

Well then, fine, our cruise in few days time will be our last Celebrity cruise for us. One less 30+ plus years customers for them. 

Or you could try requesting them and see what happens.  Reports in this thread indicate that a request is all it takes.  Annoying yes, but worth a try.  It's what we plan to do on our upcoming cruise.  Personally, this isn't enough for me to call it quits with Celebrity.  I know it's a personal choice for all so no judgement here.

• Like 2

Just now, ggo85 said:

I’ve requested in advance for our cruise next month. Let’s see what happens. 

let us know.  

Fingers crossed X will see that there is a significant % of passengers, that enjoy having a lounger and want one.   

40 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Yes, me too!

How do you request in advance?  I plan to request them if they are not there next week.  HUGE part of our balcony experience!  

• Like 3

Just now, Octavias said:

How do you request in advance?  I plan to request them if they are not there next week.  HUGE part of our balcony experience!  

I sail next Sunday and would also like to know the answer to your question.

• Like 1

Was on the Edge May 1 to 11 Hawaii to Vancouver in an SV.  There was no lounger.  Just two chairs and a small table.  When I met my room steward I asked for a lounger.  She immediately went and got one for me,

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rinshin said:

dont give up. email the executive offices.  Maybe, just maybe they will listen

4 hours ago, rinshin said:

Do you really think celebrity cares? They are after the younger people.

If one thing like this causes you to go to another cruise line, let me know what cruise line you go to and there will be others leaving it, too. 

• Like 1