Celebrity removes loungers from balcony?

1 hour ago, Gracie115 said:

They are wonderful balconies AND suites. We have 2 trips booked on this class in the next year.  Price is much more reasonable than comparable on X.  We rate the suite somewhere between a CS and RS on X.  No, there is no butler, which we don't care about, the room attendant has always done a great job for us.  No, there is no Retreat lounge with free drinks all day, but there IS a concierge lounge with free cocktails for a couple hours each night.  No, there is no Luminae, but there IS the Reserve dining room for suites and some mini suites, which is very nice with great service.  

And THAT balcony is just so wonderful it compensates for pretty much anything that is otherwise lacking compared to X. 

Wow thank you for this. Definitely this is on our radar now. Going to look deeper into this today. We have an October cruise on Beyond in a magic carpet suite - booked with the intention of lots of balcony time since there are 4 sea days on a 9 day cruise. It’s just so much money and to have it degraded like this…just can’t bring myself to make that huge final payment . It feels wrong and stupid to do so. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mickeysgal said:

Wow thank you for this. Definitely this is on our radar now. Going to look deeper into this today. We have an October cruise on Beyond in a magic carpet suite - booked with the intention of lots of balcony time since there are 4 sea days on a 9 day cruise. It’s just so much money and to have it degraded like this…just can’t bring myself to make that huge final payment . It feels wrong and stupid to do so. 

Agree.  Look for the "Corner Aft" suites on Royal class ships.  The same type suites are also on deck 14 mid ship, but the balcony is nowhere near as nice.  Suite is still lovely.  

• Thanks 1

so where did the put all the balcony loungers?

the  removed suite rocking chairs and really uncomfy balc chairs were dispersed around the ship..but not sure how many balc loungers were relicated?   

point of booking a Sunset Veranda cabin is to enjoy a lounger!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 6/19/2024 at 10:39 PM, screwsmcernst said:

We sailed on the Edge May 31 - June 7 in a Magic Carpet Skye Suite, and we had 1 lounger, chairs, and a small table.  DH used the lounger for a short time while we were sailing to Dawes Glacier.  It really worked out very well.

Hi Linda, how is the foot doing?

12 hours ago, vjmatty said:

And even without the free drinks, the Plus package at $60 per day which includes ....

Is the plus package only available when initially booking the cruise?  I never saw it listed once I booked.  I did run across a major discount at 55 yo I think.

Just got off the Celebrity Summit on June 14 and had Concierge class cabin 8176 at the back of the ship. We had a large extended balcony with two lounger chairs, two regular chairs and two tables. We loved it.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, junebug61 said:

Just got off the Celebrity Summit on June 14 and had Concierge class cabin 8176 at the back of the ship. We had a large extended balcony with two lounger chairs, two regular chairs and two tables. We loved it.

Glad you were safe! 🤣

• Haha 4

I just received an email from the executive office in response to the email I sent regarding the loungers.  They have asked to schedule a time to talk with me.  After the call I will come back and relay the conversation.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, TGfromTX said:

Is the plus package only available when initially booking the cruise?  I never saw it listed once I booked.  I did run across a major discount at 55 yo I think.

Yes you can book it any time and even wait until you’re on the ship so you can pay it with your OBC. 

We are currently in a CS on Beyond. It’s very far forward & not deep enough for a lounger. I recently had a total knee replacement & need to keep my leg straight periodically. The pictures show the furniture on our balcony. With pillows by the armrest on the sofa I can sit sideways & keep my legs straight.
We are currently in CocoCay with Wonder of the Seas across from us. None of the balconies on the entire length of the ship facing us have loungers. They all have the blue chairs with the footstool IMG_4944.thumb.jpeg.6a08d94087375d703130ce058f62d42d.jpegIMG_4945.thumb.jpeg.20e3e35fdbde6ef1b42583e703040d8c.jpegIMG_4946.thumb.jpeg.f40d6a031384adcee0db57a4ed01e36b.jpeg

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, 4supermom said:

We are currently in CocoCay with Wonder of the Seas across from us. None of the balconies on the entire length of the ship facing us have loungers. They all have the blue chairs with the footstool 

I prefer what Wonder of Seas has.  It looks to have better back support & I can put me feet up.

• Like 4

Just now, lovedecruise said:

Yes, those chairs and footstools would suit us. Similar to what we had in our aqua cabin on Solstice. 

Absolutely....everything old is new again....will be quite satisfied if we are blessed with this combination again on our upcoming S class sailings.

4 minutes ago, lovedecruise said:

Yes, those chairs and footstools would suit us. Similar to what we had in our aqua cabin on Solstice. 

Basically what we have had on every S class traditional balcony - except that we used to do a deal with the cabin steward if the footstools were missing. On our most recent cruises (2023)  we added a request for footstools onto our Special Needs Form.

Just now, the penguins said:

Basically what we have had on every S class traditional balcony - except that we used to do a deal with the cabin steward if the footstools were missing. On our most recent cruises (2023)  we added a request for footstools onto our Special Needs Form.

Did they honour your request?  We have the same notation...DH requires feet elevated (medically)...so do I (spoiled).

9 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Yes.
Before that we offered the Cabin Steward $10 per stool payable on delivery which also worked. 

Nice of you to offer, but should have been given gratis....with a bigger tip at the end of the cruise being the result of good customer service (with a smile)...JMO.  Shouldn't you be off to bed by now?  LOL.

Edited by Oceangoer2

On 6/22/2024 at 9:53 PM, junebug61 said:

No good news allowed.. 🙂

50 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Nice of you to offer, but should have been given gratis....with a bigger tip at the end of the cruise being the result of good customer service (with a smile)...JMO.  Shouldn't you be off to bed by now?  LOL.

We don’t know if the Footstools should be included or not. However as asking at Guest Relations may not get the result we want asking the Steward has always worked. $10 each is a small price for us pay but enough to reward the Steward for the extra work especially as we are asking on Boarding Day. 
Extra tips at the end are a different issue.

It’s 10.15 pm here so nearly time for bed. Goodnight.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2024 at 11:08 AM, hcat said:

so where did the put all the balcony loungers?

There really were not that many loungers on E class ships.  The  27 Magic Carpet suites had loungers as did the 36 SV and 12 Sunset Sky Suites.  The other Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites did not have them and of course none on the veranda cabins. 

They could easily placed them on decks around the pool. 

On 6/22/2024 at 3:08 PM, Lois R said:

Hi Linda, how is the foot doing?

I got out of the boot on Saturday the 22nd.  I am now back in the pre-op "Frankenstein Shoe". 3 weeks of that and then another look at xrays.  fingers crossed that it will be over by Mid July.  Thanks for asking. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/22/2024 at 6:37 AM, Gracie115 said:

They are wonderful balconies AND suites. We have 2 trips booked on this class in the next year.  Price is much more reasonable than comparable on X.  We rate the suite somewhere between a CS and RS on X.  No, there is no butler, which we don't care about, the room attendant has always done a great job for us.  No, there is no Retreat lounge with free drinks all day, but there IS a concierge lounge with free cocktails for a couple hours each night.  No, there is no Luminae, but there IS the Reserve dining room for suites and some mini suites, which is very nice with great service.  

And THAT balcony is just so wonderful it compensates for pretty much anything that is otherwise lacking compared to X. 

Gracie, on Princess if in a mini suite, can you tell me the breakfast option?  Because it looks like the suite restaurant is dinner only?  I’m thinking of the Diamond Princess in Japan in a mini suite.

Tnak you.

Edited by zitsky