The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday May 17th, 2024

4 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Yikes! 3 possible tornado touchdowns in the last 2 hours. One north and one east of me. We've had 6 touchdown in the past 2 weeks in counties here. This is quite unusual for this part of the country. 

OMG!  I would be under a mattress with a bottle of wine.  

We did not get the patio furniture all put together today.  We got the couch and ottomans done, but we are having trouble with the last screw for the arms of the chairs.  We need to get some brawn in here to do it.  I may import a neighbor tomorrow.  We are going to work on the fire table tomorrow.  

In between fighting with the patio furniture we booked a cruise for late August.  I can't believe we did that, but we're thrilled.  We got a large inside cabin on a private fare for two weeks.  Boston to Quebec to Boston.

• Like 14

7 hours ago, rafinmd said:

This one has been on for over 7 hours now and has survived both hand washing and dish washing today.

Roy, you might try Tegaderm bandages. They are just like the ones used when you get an IV and are waterproof. The blood will pool up underneath and you would change it if that happens but technically they last 6-7 days. They have saved many of my scrapes. I’m nursing one now on my forearm caused by my dog being over anxious seeing someone in our backyard. I have thin skin on my forearms unfortunately. I buy them at Target but I’m sure they are available elsewhere. 

1C5D1307-7489-4C24-89F1-59C86DF21547.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, dfish said:

In between fighting with the patio furniture we booked a cruise for late August.  I can't believe we did that, but we're thrilled.  We got a large inside cabin on a private fare for two weeks.  Boston to Quebec to Boston.

Debbie, which ship and dates?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Debbie, which ship and dates?

Zuiderdam August 24-31 and August 31-September 7.   Join us!

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Elizabeth, I have never had them but worked for a doctor who did them and also tear duct surgery. There are temporary, dissolvable plugs that you can try first. They last about 3-4 days and give you an idea of how the permanent ones will work for you. Ask around, they are available. I find it interesting that the doctor hasn’t offered that suggestion. Also the plugs are a good option especially if you are using lots of artificial tears because just like most things you can have a rebound effect from using too many. From my 10 year experience most people benefited from them. Even the office manager had them. 

Thanks for the info; I like reading that as a professional you've seen successful use of them.

The Dr did say there are temporary & more permanent ones so I think she'd do either if I tell her I want to move forward. She also said she could "pop them in and out like a wine cork" if I wanted them removed. I think I like the idea of trying the temp ones before going all in on the perm ones. But I cringe at the thought of anything in my eyes, so it's all causing me anxiety. I'm sure I'm just being a baby.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Woo Hoo - Stars 🌟 🏒won in double OT in Denver!! So they're headed to Western Conf finals. Congrats and good luck in the next round.

Mavericks 🏀were off tonight so 🤞they're successful tomorrow night.

Post season play is stressful - I ate double serving of strawberries, lol

20240518_010217.thumb.jpg.cba0e2e65b4f3ef5b82981b2acbbecfe.jpg

20240517_174020.thumb.jpg.3bce22ce72ba6c50836579d2c4318f00.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, dfish said:

OMG!  I would be under a mattress with a bottle of wine.  

We did not get the patio furniture all put together today.  We got the couch and ottomans done, but we are having trouble with the last screw for the arms of the chairs.  We need to get some brawn in here to do it.  I may import a neighbor tomorrow.  We are going to work on the fire table tomorrow.  

Debbie, make sure it really is a large inside, such as the ones on deck 1, cat. J.  Those are the ones with the L-shaped sofas and lots of floor space.  Aft to forward insides on deck 6 are miniscule, and the insides on 7 port to starboard are average size. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Debbie, make sure it really is a large inside, such as the ones on deck 1, cat. J.  Those are the ones with the L-shaped sofas and lots of floor space.  Aft to forward insides on deck 6 are miniscule, and the insides on 7 port to starboard are average size. 

We snagged a Deck 1, category J inside.  I think we'll be quite comfortable.  We managed 32 days in an inside cabin on the Zaandam last summer.  

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 52°F and partly sunny here at 08.25am.

A nice surprise at the bottom of our garden.

A nice red Poppy has flowered.

IMG-20240518-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20240518-WA0000.jpg

That poppy is beautiful!!

I have poppy pictures in my half bath. And apparently a spider web, so I guess it's past time to dust 🫣

17160404281231188357144730805794.thumb.jpg.7112cc58a2f153b8d56837f875e45af7.jpg

17160403832944089541619554201909.thumb.jpg.25e8fd04df77a03aae2608ab2b48196f.jpg

Edited by Haljo1935
Additional comment
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2