Marina Redo

true45

1 hour ago, MarkWiltonM said:

Did they by any chance cover the deck outside Terrace Cafe as it is on Vista?

They didn’t on Riveria and hopefully not on Marina. We don’t stay aboard for lunches normally, and on the rare nights we can sit on the outside Terrace at night, we enjoy watching the stars. Last thing we want is a cover hiding the sky! 

Obviously not a popular position. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MarkWiltonM said:

Did they by any chance cover the deck outside Terrace Cafe as it is on Vista?

No just some umbrellas for cover.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, pinotlover said:

They didn’t on Riveria and hopefully not on Marina. We don’t stay aboard for lunches normally, and on the rare nights we can sit on the outside Terrace at night, we enjoy watching the stars. Last thing we want is a cover hiding the sky! 

We found the covering on Vista wonderful at breakfast and lunch because the entire deck was shaded and we didn't have to worry about hats or sunscreen or wind (the tarp reduced the wind significantly). We were even able to sit outside during light rain. We like watching the stars too, but for that we take a stroll after dinner on the pool deck or higher. On the Terrace Cafe deck at dinner, we had the ocean itself and the sound of the wake to enjoy. (Regarding the stars, my partner has an app on his phone that he can point toward the sky and it identifies all the planets, stars, etc. He loves using this on cruises when so much more is visible away from city lights.) 

• Like 2

On 5/21/2024 at 6:32 AM, lilybug said:

We were on Riviera last summer and loved the bathroom.  I guess that is the disappointment for us.  As for pizza oven ... well, pizza is something we can get here anytime, any place.  We were thought the Marina was going to mirror Riviera.  It really is not a big deal for us, but having always sailed the R ships until last summer, we thought Marina and Riviera would be the same.  All that being said, looking forward to our cruise in July!

Waves pizza is excellent.  Waves makes it only at night.  It is much better than lunchtime in Terrace buffet. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Marina's Penthouse suites really needed an update.  When we sailed in Dec. 2022, only one electrical outlet in our suite was working, drawers did not close, fabrics were worn. The suite pictures on O website look beautiful, with many good ideas from Vista.  Not a fan of the Aquamar kitchen.  Looking forward to sailing on Marina in January.

We are on Marina now and for the next 21 days. Our new penthouse suite is lovely. Light and bright. The bathroom remodel is excellent with a big shower and a lot more storage. We’ve been eating dinner at Terrace Cafe so we can sit outside, due to warm weather in Northern Europe.  Excellent food there. I noticed that the pizza at Waves had almost no customers last evening, but Aquamar seems pretty busy breakfast and lunch. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 6/25/2024 at 2:58 PM, kahuna21 said:

We are on Marina now and for the next 21 days... We’ve been eating dinner at Terrace Cafe so we can sit outside, due to warm weather in Northern Europe.  Excellent food there. I noticed that the pizza at Waves had almost no customers last evening, but Aquamar seems pretty busy breakfast and lunch. 

Can you please confirm whether the aft deck at Terrace Café has been covered over? That canopy is a great addition on Vista.

FYI, if you are dining in the Terrace, you can order items at Waves pizza restaurant and they will give you a number and deliver the food to your table. We enjoyed doing this on our recent Vista cruise when we would often order wings and a beef flatbread from Waves for the table as a starter. We also ordered pizza a time or too and it was very good.

• Like 1

Dear E4E:

We were on Marina through June 1, 2024.  The only "newly" covered Aft area is the Aquamar Kitchen outside sitting area. I had several lunches at the AK and they ranged from excellent to poor in terms of quality and serving temperature. The Waves nighttime Pizza was very good, made to order and delivered wherever you were sitting on the Lido deck. We shared Pizzas with friends as a dinner appetizer.

Joel Barry

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cape Hernlopen said:

Dear E4E:

We were on Marina through June 1, 2024.  The only "newly" covered Aft area is the Aquamar Kitchen outside sitting area. I had several lunches at the AK and they ranged from excellent to poor in terms of quality and serving temperature. The Waves nighttime Pizza was very good, made to order and delivered wherever you were sitting on the Lido deck. We shared Pizzas with friends as a dinner appetizer.

Joel Barry

Lido deck?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eloise4Ever said:

Can you please confirm whether the aft deck at Terrace Café has been covered over? That canopy is a great addition on Vista.

FYI, if you are dining in the Terrace, you can order items at Waves pizza restaurant and they will give you a number and deliver the food to your table. We enjoyed doing this on our recent Vista cruise when we would often order wings and a beef flatbread from Waves for the table as a starter. We also ordered pizza a time or too and it was very good.

The Terrace Cafe deck covering is unchanged. It’s about 1/3 covered with orange umbrellas on the outer row. 

• Thanks 1

We are on the Marina in a A2 Concierge level balcony next March. When we booked this cruise in 2022 we were told that the Marina would receive the same refurbishment as the Riviera. Our main concern was the bathrooms which were going to eliminate the tubs and have a bigger shower. In over 20 cruises I cannot remember every taking a bath on a cruise. We are disappointed but it is still going to be a great cruise with a great itinerary. Oceania is not the first cruise line to disappoint us with refurbishment that didn't happen, and I bet it won't be the last.

Can anyone confirm the specialty restaurants on Marina since the refurbisment?  In one place I read they were eliminating Jacques, but in anothert it seems it is still there.  Thanks so much and enjoy!

They did not eliminate any specialty restaurant but changed L Reserve to Aquamar, moved the Waves smoothie bar to the stage area by the pool and added the pizza over, etc. to Waves so it is open for dinner.  They have eliminated Jaques on Vista and Allura..

3 hours ago, basor said:

They did not eliminate any specialty restaurant but changed L Reserve to Aquamar, moved the Waves smoothie bar to the stage area by the pool and added the pizza over, etc. to Waves so it is open for dinner.  They have eliminated Jaques on Vista and Allura..

too bad Jaques was about our fav.

• Like 3

On 5/27/2024 at 6:34 AM, Redtravel said:

On Marina now. I am disappointed that our cabin hasn’t been updated.  Still have the tub and small shower. However, the ship is still good.  Having a great time. 

Do they have any USB ports next to the bed? And are there European sockets in the same area? We'll be on the Marina at the end of July and want to plan what kind of plug adaptors to bring.

On 6/27/2024 at 4:37 PM, JRIH said:

Lido deck?

I'm of that age...the Lido Deck... a term used to describe the top deck of the cruise ship, (and sometimes the deck with the buffet).

Anyone ... Please add to my description.

28 minutes ago, astrotoy said:

Has the redo on the Marina added USB plugs to the staterooms? 

Probably in PH and above but veranda and below only had soft furnishings replaced.

Simple solution for USB issues, we always travel with multiple blocks with 4 USB’s, good one sold by Anker, and multiple European adapters to take advantage of plugging in multiple devices in any stateroom location. We won’t be on O Class ships till November to know for certain but we have seen a lot of posts with bedside pictures in the past. I thought there was either US or Euro plugs at the bedside.

Enjoy,

Mauibabes

1 hour ago, mauibabes said:

Simple solution for USB issues, we always travel with multiple blocks with 4 USB’s, good one sold by Anker, and multiple European adapters to take advantage of plugging in multiple devices in any stateroom location. We won’t be on O Class ships till November to know for certain but we have seen a lot of posts with bedside pictures in the past. I thought there was either US or Euro plugs at the bedside.

Enjoy,

Mauibabes

Thanks, much appreciated. 

On 5/20/2024 at 6:07 PM, clo said:

I'm curious. Was there a single, aesthetic thing that actually needed changing or are people just wanting changes for the sake of changes. Are there things that are showing wear that aren't being dealt with?  I see discussions here about those who are port oriented and those ocean. But it seems like decor for the decor's sake is something that some people get cranky about. ?

We were on Marina in South America (finally after COVID cancellations) in Jan 2023 and found our B3 extended balcony to be sadly worn (stains, whistling balcony door, lounge chairs worn and way past their best before date). This was our 5th cruise on the Marina so we could see how things have gotten worn and scratched. We would have expected better in a luxury line.

This refurbishment was announced before COVID in 2018/19.

For those who forgot, Marina was the 1st "O" class ship and technically, being older, should have gotten their refurbishment before Riviera.

Sorry for being disappointed.

Mia

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, marylovestotravel said:

We were on Marina in South America (finally after COVID cancellations) in Jan 2023 and found our B3 extended balcony to be sadly worn (stains, whistling balcony door, lounge chairs worn and way past their best before date). This was our 5th cruise on the Marina so we could see how things have gotten worn and scratched. We would have expected better in a luxury line.

This refurbishment was announced before COVID in 2018/19.

For those who forgot, Marina was the 1st "O" class ship and technically, being older, should have gotten their refurbishment before Riviera.

Sorry for being disappointed.

Mia

Thanks for this detailed response.

• Like 1