Suite Enhancements

1 minute ago, wrk2cruise said:

It doesn't really matter.  The question was about inclusions and yes Signature suites are considered a top suite and get's all the inclusions of a RS.

My recollection was that the Signature suites initially did not include the upper suite benefit. They were not selling well and the benefits were added at a later date. The RS has a separate shower and an extra toilet...

1 hour ago, billc23 said:

My recollection was that the Signature suites initially did not include the upper suite benefit.

It's a good call on Celebrity's part to include the upper suite benefits.  I would not book this suite without them as it's not too much more to book a RS and you get nearly double the square footage.  At one point I read the Celebrity dropped the upper suite benefits but I guess that was just a nasty rumor...for now.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, OceanCruise said:

Just off Beyond in a Magic Carpet suite. Some thoughts on our suite amenities:

-No photographer present at the Senior Officer's party in Retreat lounge (so no complimentary photo as previously)

-There was a real chocolate souffle served in Luminae one night which was so delicious!

-Most nights in the theater they had areas roped off for the Premium Access guests but not Retreat guests. The only reserved seats for Retreat guests were for the 2 production shows. It wasn't a problem but I found it interesting that suite guests paying a lot more had less priority.

I haven't seen photographers at the Senior Officers party in quite a while.

On the Solstice last month, we arrived at the the theater and was surprised to see the Premium Access area.  The officer managing it looked at our cards, (suite) and said we had access.

• Thanks 1

In a RS, we never had an issue with laundry more than twice on a long cruise (more than 8 days).  But it’s also obvious that it’s just us.  Shame on those who abuse this perk by sending laundry for folks not staying in their suite!

On our last cruise, not only was there no photographer at the senior officer party (no issue for us), it really wasn’t a pleasant experience.  The few officers who were there looked like they wanted to be anywhere else. Barely spoke to the guests and left at the first opportunity. Super crowded.  I went alone and it seemed pretty clear that Michael’s staff was unhappy that I was sitting at a table for 2 with only 1 person.  I/we only go b/c we know it’s important to the butler that “his” folks attend.  iMO, they could just skip this event. 

I really don’t understand why they won’t give suites who have free unlimited premium beverage package more than 2 bottles of whatever.  If you drink wine, you get a lot less value than if you drink spirits.  It just means having to go out at night to get a glass of wine, which is annoying. I suppose they save a bit, but not that much given quality of the wine. One of the benefits of luxury lines is restocking wine or spirits in the room. 

We’ve always been told theater access on chic nights only. Generally, you can find plenty of (better) seats without this perk.  Nice to have but usually not needed. 

What we do like is having the butler and the concierge manager able to solve problems or do. I or things that take time.  They can often get reservations when none appear available or do things that mean you don’t have to stand in line at Guest Relations.  

• Like 1

For us the last few Retreat Officers parties haven't been great either.  Few officers, sometimes the captain shows up, sometimes not.  (Kate never showed up on the Beyond). On the one we went to on our B2B, we talked to one person, the other stood at the entrance talking to each other.

Captain Leo was very personable at the Beyond's Senior Officer party last week. He made the rounds and was gracious about people taking pictures with cell phones. A female officer was also personable and went around the room speaking with lots of people. When we were on the Silhouette this past March there was a photographer at the event and we got a free 8 X 12 photo in our room the next day.

On 5/26/2024 at 9:28 AM, TeeRick said:

For me, I no longer even bring a jacket and tie on a  cruise.

I bring a jacket but do not always wear it. 

I do not remember the last time I brought a tie on a Celebrity cruise.  It's certainly been since before the pause for COVID. 

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, abbydancer2003 said:

For us the last few Retreat Officers parties haven't been great either.  Few officers, sometimes the captain shows up, sometimes not.  (Kate never showed up on the Beyond). On the one we went to on our B2B, we talked to one person, the other stood at the entrance talking to each other.

Our child enjoyed meeting the officers, much like meeting the crew on an airplane or seeing different professions.  We did notice some clumping, too.  That said, at hotels and resorts when the manager introduces themselves to guests, it's a nice touch. Visible management is as much for the guests as it is the staff.  And, we know that on Celebrity the feedback loop often requires someone above departments to coordinate or surface a need.  

FWIW - When we were on the Beyond the standouts at the Officer reception in the lounge was the Hotel Director and Staff Captain Giuseppe, plus the Retreat manager.  That was fine considering the hotel/Retreat aspects of the sailing are where feedback can make a difference on the experience or give them an anecdote to share with corporate and vice versa.  (For example, the chat feature was mentioned to me as something they were testing on another ship).   Giuseppe was notable because he was featured prominently in Captain Kate's videos from the recent contract. 

Edited by Cap_D

Posted (edited)
On 5/24/2024 at 12:36 PM, Dolebludger said:

I’m waiting to what is in the mini bar (and how much) in SS and CS from someone who has cruised after the “enhancement”. It seems from reading this thread that it included only a one time fill of soda and beer on a complementary basis. (Not great on longer cruises.) And for the record, lines like Regent include refil of these items on request, plus spirits and wine.

I just returned from a 3 day cruise on the Reflection in Sky Suite.  The butler explained to us (on Friday) that the mini-bar is now included with the suite.  He also mentioned that this was a policy change from the last cruise (basically they didn't get it).  Now I have sailed before where and understood the mini-bar was not included; however many Butlers offered to stock it during the trip.  So I wasn't sure if that was what he was referring to simply helping us but after reading this post it sounds like communicated change.

Our starting fridge had what seemed to be a standard package (2 cokes, 2 diets, 2 heinekens, 2 perriers, 2 bottles of water & maybe and evian water too (although I think that was on the counter).  Our butler did ask if we had an preference - my wife like Sugar Free RedBull and I like vitamin water in addition to coke & diet cokes.  When we came back from lunch our new drinks were added.  It was only a 3 day cruise but on Sat & Sun during the day at some point the drinks were refreshed.  I didn't drink the beer so not sure about that one.

Edited by Team Stag
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Atarangi957 said:

I saw a screen shot of a flyer on post #112 that listed complimentary from the bar delivered to the room, a list of glasses of wines available. I am just wondering if anyone has done this yet. It would be very nice at night.

Haven't done, it but we did get the flyer.  

Award winning wines in Luminae?  You mean they’ll stop offering me wine from Lodi, CA?

😂😂😂😂

When are they building the wall in the Retreat lounge so that I don’t have to interact with people in the upper suites?  Sky Suites unite!

• Haha 6

31 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Award winning wines in Luminae?  You mean they’ll stop offering me wine from Lodi, CA?

😂😂😂😂

When are they building the wall in the Retreat lounge so that I don’t have to interact with people in the upper suites?  Sky Suites unite!

That’s fine as long as upper suites get the area with the bar 😁😁, what I thought was funny was we did a back to back once celebrity suite first then sky suite , maitre D seemed to treat us differently in Luminae after we moved to sky . Since Covid we did a penthouse (on a move up) a sky and a few royal on music charters.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, George C said:

That’s fine as long as upper suites get the area with the bar 😁😁, what I thought was funny was we did a back to back once celebrity suite first then sky suite , maitre D seemed to treat us differently in Luminae after we moved to sky . Since Covid we did a penthouse (on a move up) a sky and a few royal on music charters.

You can have the bar.  The scotch selection is meh.

35 minutes ago, George C said:

I've only sailed in a Royal Suite once but I definitely got better treatment and recognition when in that suite than in a Sky.  I've only done Celebrity Suites twice and didn't notice much difference in that one.  But Royal?  Definitely.  I've also occasionally been treated better when they recognized I was Zenith, but that is very variable.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I've only sailed in a Royal Suite once but I definitely got better treatment and recognition when in that suite than in a Sky.  I've only done Celebrity Suites twice and didn't notice much difference in that one.  But Royal?  Definitely.  I've also occasionally been treated better when they recognized I was Zenith, but that is very variable.

We got a move up to a Royal on the first of 3 b2bs earlier this year, then we went back to the sky suite.  It's hard to say if anything in the restaurant was different, since the Matire'd changed, the host changed, and we moved from the front room to the back.

One thing - when we did in suite parties, our sky suite butler said there'd be a charge for food.  (There wasn't, actually).  In the Royal they brought chicken skewers, shrimp, and a charcuterie plate.  In the Sky, we just got the charcuterie, but we told them that was all we needed. 

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

It's always a fun joke, but the award is for their bottle offerings. Which are pretty impressive. The by the glass program has regressed to the mean, unfortunately...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, markeb said:

It's always a fun joke, but the award is for their bottle offerings. Which are pretty impressive. The by the glass program has regressed to the mean, unfortunately...

I don’t find it very funny…..  

I didn’t see details of the awards.  Does the app have the bottle list for restaurants?

40 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I don’t find it very funny…..  

I didn’t see details of the awards.  Does the app have the bottle list for restaurants?

More or less. You have to hunt. There’s generally a bottle list in each venue. Generally after the by the glass offerings. It’s a bit unclear to me what you can request in Luminae, for instance. The best lists are generally in the specialties, and Cellar Masters (where available). Not sure what they’ll move to another venue. And they’re not all available. But like most places when you move into mid price and higher wines the markup drops and they become a better value. A bottle of a wine that’s available by the glass and in a package will never be a good deal. 

There doesn’t appear to be a single bottle list for the ship, unfortunately. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/27/2024 at 8:08 AM, swooldri said:

What was your stateroom/Suite number?  Any creaking/noise in the room? We will be in a Magic Carpet  Suite on the Beyond in 2 weeks.

Thanks in advance.  Steve and Karen

We have done multiple cruises in MCSS and no noise.  Have done a couple in mid ship SS no noise.  We have been on the Edge for 4 sailing and 1 Ascent sailing tin the past year.  Heading down the hall  to the forward elevators we heard noticeable creaking noise every time we got near the forward elevators.  We were on Decks 7,  9 and 10.  

On 5/27/2024 at 7:37 AM, Gracie115 said:

I don't think that's accurate.  Every sailing I look at shows Signature less expensive than Royal Suites.  

Celebrity considers all of the following to be "Premium Suites" per their own literature:

Iconic, Edge Villa, Reflection, Signature, Penthouse, Royal.

• Like 3

On 5/27/2024 at 8:33 PM, ggo85 said:

I really don’t understand why they won’t give suites who have free unlimited premium beverage package more than 2 bottles of whatever.  If you drink wine, you get a lot less value than if you drink spirits.

On our 'restart' cruise back in 2021, we were B2B, and there was no way we could even begin to go through 4L of booze.  To my surprise, I successfully negotiated a trade with the shoreside concierge for all 4 bottles for a very nice Michele Chiarlo Barolo, thinking I'd get the typical Tortoniano.  Surprised to discover two of the Cerequio (about $115 per 750ml at home) on the wet bar when we arrived!  Perhaps a mistake?  And these were replenished for the second leg of the B2B, so we wound up with four bottles of it in the end.

I'm pretty sure we got a lot more $ value than had we been drinking spirits.  Much seems to be down to what you can negotiate with the shoreside concierge and how generous everyone is feeling.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1