Dining hour

I have booked a cruise for Summer 2025 (more than a year) through agent. She said she booked us traditional dining for 18:00 as I asked. While in RCL app I can see my room number I cannot see the dining option or hour. Also cannot see it in the reservation emails I got from the agent.

How is it usually?

Should I get also any emai from RCL itself or only from agent?

Traditional dining does not show up in the app.

It should be listed on the RC invoice. If you only got the TA's invoice, not the actual RCL invoice, they can send it to you if you ask. I had one TA who only sent his own invoice (until I asked for both) and my current TA sends both by default.

Hope that helps.

Agree...most of the TD on ships now is 5:30 or 5:45.   Your agent is using the old timing of prior years.  With MTD pax getting feisty wanting an earlier table (they are 6:45) they are lining up early waiting for first Traditional to finish up before they can get a table.  Thus RCI keeps pushing up the early TD at earlier times.  

Most times I don't see our reservations listed until after check in 45 days prior.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, guest26 said:

How is it usually?

Should I get also any emai from RCL itself or only from agent?

There is no set standard practice. There are travel agents who typically only provide their invoice as you are booking through them. I prefer the practice where both their invoice along with the cruise line's invoice are provided.  In the long run, the only paper trail that matters is the one from the cruise line, and IMO providing both is just a good business practice confirming correct transactions with the cruise line as well. We always have both provided as a result with our bookings.  

If there are separate land or air travel in addition to the cruise, the travel agent invoice may be all that is provided for that.  But confirmation numbers relative to the air carrier and other land travel providers should be included IMO.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

3 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

It should be listed on the RC invoice. If you only got the TA's invoice, not the actual RCL invoice, they can send it to you if you ask. I had one TA who only sent his own invoice (until I asked for both) and my current TA sends both by default.

Hope that helps.

Thanks!

Well I'm based out of US and the invoice I got is not even in english. However, this agent is marked in RCL website page of "locate international representative" they have by country. Does it mean the agent is RCL itself or  should I  ask two invoices as you suggested?

Maybe you have the official email of RCL US/International office so I could ask them directly?

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, guest26 said:

Thanks!

Well I'm based out of US and the invoice I got is not even in english. However, this agent is marked in RCL website page of "locate international representative" they have by country. Does it mean the agent is RCL itself or  should I  ask two invoices as you suggested?

Maybe you have the official email of RCL US/International office so I could ask them directly?

If at the bottom of the main page under "Find a Cruise", you clicked on "Locate a Travel Advisor", that would direct you to available travel agent options.  If you call RCCL and ask to locate a travel agent / advisor, they can assist in finding one.  Those tabs do not redirect you to an RCCL rep.  That would be accomplished simply by calling the 866 number, who would then assist you directly with a booking.

I have no idea who you ended up with or how you got there, however, as the TA options typically would be relative to your state of residence.

Given what you are saying, I would contact RCCL at 866-562-7625 and discuss your concerns with them.  They may be able to help sort out your confusion, although if you booked through a TA they cannot manage that reservation as your TA will have to.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

5 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Given what you are saying, I would contact RCCL at 866-562-7625 and discuss your concerns with them.  They may be able to help sort out your confusion, although if you booked through a TA they cannot manage that reservation as your TA will have to.

Agreed. This.

4 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Hope that helps.

If you click the “person” on top, you can scroll down to Dining and it will be there. 

Our invoices/receipts always just say "late dining", never a time.

Are you sailing in Europe?  US?  I imagine that dining times, overall, might be later on European sailings.

37 minutes ago, RedSails1968 said:

If you click the “person” on top, you can scroll down to Dining and it will be there. 

Never seen traditional dining listed and it's not there for my sailing in 8 days. Maybe MTD shows up there b/c those are actually reservations (never had MTD)?

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

Our invoices/receipts always just say "late dining", never a time.

Mine always have a time (which can change by the time I sail but it's there).

IMG_2096.jpeg.ca9cb5cdb2222a1cabd3bd4eaa6f1f66.jpeg

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Never seen traditional dining listed and it's not there for my sailing in 8 days. Maybe MTD shows up there b/c those are actually reservations (never had MTD)?

That’s strange. Mine for Freedom in October says Traditional Dining 5:45 PM. We booked through a travel agent. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RedSails1968 said:

That’s strange. Mine for Freedom in October says Traditional Dining 5:45 PM. We booked through a travel agent. 

I believe you. Who knows with Royal IT?

I use a TA as well. My invoice shows 5:00pm (that's the early traditional time on Wonder) and I don't need to see it in the app, not worried or anything, just sharing my experience.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

I believe you. Who knows with Royal IT?

I use a TA as well. My invoice shows 5:00pm (that's the early traditional time on Wonder) and I don't need to see it in the app, not worried or anything, just sharing my experience.

I just checked the app for my cruise on Radiance next Friday and it is showing Traditional Dining 5:15 PM. Over the last few months or so the app has been showing dining times prior to the cruise. Another change I have noticed over roughly the same time period is you can now add shows/events/ trivia/etc. to your calendar in the Daily Planner prior to the cruise. Previously, at least from my experience, you couldn’t add events to your calendar in the Daily Planner until you were on the ship (with the exception of ships that require reservations for shows). 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Previously, at least from my experience, you couldn’t add events to your calendar in the Daily Planner until you were on the ship (with the exception of ships that require reservations for shows).

My experience as well... I'd have noticed but thanks for mentioning the change. I'll add stuff if I can. Now I just need my June 2nd cruise to actually populate activities sometime between now and next Sunday. I know it's gotten really late, just not sure why.

9 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I just checked the app for my cruise on Radiance next Friday and it is showing Traditional Dining 5:15 PM.

And of course I believe you as well but it's not there for my Wonder in 8 days.

8 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Your dining time is listed in the app on the "person icon" screen.

Mine isn’t. You’ve seen me post enough at both sites. I’m pretty well-versed in the app.

Here are the sections I have under that icon below my C&A point total…

Your Sailing

Stateroom

Check-In

Upcoming (reservations)

Internet packages

Onboard account

@smokeybandit Where is dining listed for you? Again, I’m just curious, not remotely concerned about having a table.

14 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Mine isn’t. You’ve seen me post enough at both sites. I’m pretty well-versed in the app.

Here are the sections I have under that icon below my C&A point total…

Your Sailing

Stateroom

Check-In

Upcoming (reservations)

Internet packages

Onboard account

@smokeybandit Where is dining listed for you? Again, I’m just curious, not remotely concerned about having a table.

I know you asked @smokeybandit, But I have my traditional dining info listed in this area of the app, as well. It shows up right in between "Upcoming reservatons"  and "Internet packages" 

Screenshot_20240526_063333_Royal.thumb.jpg.2f2765c98fb837fdcdcc7602cb8efe8c.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Scottdalfonso said:

I know you asked @smokeybandit, But I have my traditional dining info listed in this area of the app, as well. It shows up right in between "Upcoming reservatons"  and "Internet packages" 

Thanks. No dining section for me.🤷‍♂️

IMG_2097.thumb.png.d0836a49736f30570580c64182a20486.png

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Scottdalfonso said:

I did notice that it wasn't there, then I went out and came back in and it was. So just another case of the app being the app. 

Yeah, that's my default explanation. I'll be constantly checking for stuff to populate since we sail a week from today so maybe dining will randomly pop up... maybe not.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Yeah, that's my default explanation. I'll be constantly checking for stuff to populate since we sail a week from today so maybe dining will randomly pop up... maybe not.

Maybe it is the date of your cruise.  For instance, my dining time is listed on my August Utopia sail, but not on my October Symphony sail.  However, my lunch time at Jamie's is and assume because it was a cruise planner purchase.

• Like 2