Visual guide to App Check In to select boarding/check in time

I know there have been a lot of questions about using the app to select boarding/check in times.  This was the first time I've done it, and yes, it is very easy and intuitive.  BUT, if you're like me, just having someone say "it's easy" isn't enough.  I personally like pictures.  So I took screen shots of the process this morning, and am posting just in case it helps someone else.  

The check in area is in the "profile" part of the app.  When you login, click the "person" icon at the top the top of the screen.

image.thumb.jpeg.2ec809879c718ed60c43d12fbff6500e.jpeg

First, check in is supposed to open at Midnight (ship's time- so the departure port) 45 days ahead of time.  For us, that was this morning.  When I first logged on (12:00A), in the space where "check in" was supposed to be, instead of showing the date you could check in, it was "Check in closed.  Please check in at the pier".  Thanks to posts here, I knew to keep trying.  Sure enough, after about 5 minutes, the button showed up to "Start Check in".  Click on it.

image.thumb.jpeg.c1f64687ba26d429eab1a6d7a60f02fc.jpeg

You get a list of everyone in your cabin and everyone in cabins you have linked. Click the arrow next to "Arrival Time"

image.jpeg.3f2bbc65a644bebfdb4495611d61547b.jpeg

You then get a list of available check in times.  Click the time you want, then "Submit". 

image.jpeg.9678446bd3abe2dca9802c35876987cf.jpeg

Repeat for each cruiser.  I did not see anywhere to select one time and apply to all. 

Once done, on the check in page, you should see a green check next to arrival time for each passenger.

image.thumb.jpeg.4d7ef3af7d6825f85f516863eb0e3147.jpeg

I am a little disappointed 10:30A wasn't an option to select, but maybe I was too slow.  At the time I write this (~7 hours after I got the screen shots), 11A is no longer an option.  I know people will say "assigned time doesn't matter", but I wasn't willing to take that chance, so yes, set my alarm for 1A (local) to wake up and get checked in.  I'll go back and fill in the other information on the computer.  

Yes, it is very easy, but maybe this will help others be a little more relaxed about the process. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

I took screen shots of the process this morning, and am posting just in case it helps someone else.

Great post. This should be helpful to others not familiar with it.

• Like 1

Hi new to RCL, DD and her family reservation is linked with mine in the app...can I do the check in time for all of us,then have her upload their passport info later on?  If bookings linked can she install the app and see hers? Or do I have to give her my login?  

3 minutes ago, knbcruisers said:

Hi new to RCL, DD and her family reservation is linked with mine in the app...can I do the check in time for all of us,then have her upload their passport info later on?  If bookings linked can she install the app and see hers? Or do I have to give her my login?  

I had three bookings (8 people over three cabins).  I was able to select times for everyone (all I was concerned about at 1am). 

My understanding is everyone can now go in and put their own information in.  I'm waiting for another member of my party to be available (everyone is working) to confirm.  If not, no big deal for me to do so.  

8 minutes ago, knbcruisers said:

Yes, you can choose the check in times and then all can fill in all the other information at a later date.  Just make sure they do it at least 72 hours prior to your sailing as you will lose access to your reservation 48-72 hours before your sailing.

If you try to check in at midnight and it is not available, just log out of the app and close the app completely.  Go back into the app and sign in and you should have the check in button on the bottom of the screen.

3 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

If you try to check in at midnight and it is not available, just log out of the app and close the app completely.  Go back into the app and sign in and you should have the check in button on the bottom of the screen.

Note:  It took ~5 minutes before the check in button showed up this morning.  I kept closing the app (didn't sign out) and relaunching. 

3 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Note:  It took ~5 minutes before the check in button showed up this morning.  I kept closing the app (didn't sign out) and relaunching. 

Log out and log back in next time.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RobInMN said:

A mod should pin this!

(originally used the term 'sticky')

Per request by @RobInMN... ta daaaa! It is done!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm honored my post is "pin worthy"!  😄

A couple of other notes...

1) No problem with others going in via the app on their phone to fill in their own travel info.

2) You do need to be 21+ in order to access the check in stuff, so if any "minors" are traveling with you, you'll need to put their information in. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Nice going, glad you took the time to put this together. Someone here did something similar 5-6 months ago but I don't know who and it disappeared into the depths of long past threads. Thanks again!  👍

• Like 1

If I recall, you will need a picture of each person you are checking in that is acceptable to the app. I believe it will need an uncluttered, preferably white, background. 

32 minutes ago, rncruiser said:

If I recall, you will need a picture of each person you are checking in that is acceptable to the app. I believe it will need an uncluttered, preferably white, background. 

Correct if you are doing the full check in. This post and thread is only about selecting boarding/check-in times for everyone in your party. You go back later to complete the rest of it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rncruiser said:

It will accept any picture.  I don't remember seeing "uncluttered, preferably white".

11 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

It will accept any picture.  I don't remember seeing "uncluttered, preferably white".

Yes, pretty much any photo will do but it must be of a medium-high res - I tried with a low res image and the web site (where I finished check-in) said to use a higher resolution photo.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2024 at 12:02 PM, knbcruisers said:

Yes, you certainly can check in time for her.

She can also download the app and create her own account. She'll need the booking number to be able to see the reservation.

On 6/2/2024 at 9:19 AM, joepeka said:

Yes, pretty much any photo will do but it must be of a medium-high res - I tried with a low res image and the web site (where I finished check-in) said to use a higher resolution photo.

I get that message every time.  But I try the same picture again and it takes it

• Like 1

21 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

Yes, you certainly can check in time for her.

She can also download the app and create her own account. She'll need the booking number to be able to see the reservation.

Thank you this worked well today.She was able to see both bookings and upload all their info...one of the kids is booked in our cabin.

I’ve been using the app to do Checkin ever since it was available, but I agree many need to see pictures.  Usually I do what you did, just pick time to board and then go back later and add all the info.  It’s easier to do it on the app, because my phone scans our passports and fills the info in.

On the 10:30 vs. 11:00 am check-in times, I believe the larger ships may not have 10:30 check-in times -- or it depends on the port -- just because they have more people to get off and on. We were on Harmony from Galveston this past January and I'm almost certain that the earliest time was 11:00 (which I picked) but when we got to the port and parked and went into the terminal, it was probably around 10:30 and they were already boarding. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2024 at 9:52 AM, S.A.M.J.R. said:

I'm honored my post is "pin worthy"!  😄

A couple of other notes...

1) No problem with others going in via the app on their phone to fill in their own travel info.

2) You do need to be 21+ in order to access the check in stuff, so if any "minors" are traveling with you, you'll need to put their information in. 

Great post, thanks!

• Like 1