Coastal Kitchen - Icon and Symphony

We have suites booked on cruises on both ships.  I just realized that one needs reservations for Coastal Kitchen on both of these ships.  I called to reserve and was told reservations can be made ONLY once on board.  I was told go to the entrance of Coastal Kitchen when we board - just curious we usually dine around 6 - is it difficult to get the time you want if everyone can only reserve once on board?? Please advise - thanks for sharing your experience - wish we could just book online prior to the cruise like entertainment.  

5 minutes ago, Treacher1 said:

We have suites booked on cruises on both ships.  I just realized that one needs reservations for Coastal Kitchen on both of these ships.  I called to reserve and was told reservations can be made ONLY once on board.  I was told go to the entrance of Coastal Kitchen when we board - just curious we usually dine around 6 - is it difficult to get the time you want if everyone can only reserve once on board?? Please advise - thanks for sharing your experience - wish we could just book online prior to the cruise like entertainment.  

No, you will have no problem getting the reservations that you want.  Just go straight away to the CK when you board.  Since you’re in a suite you will be among the first to board.  No need to worry.  

7 minutes ago, Treacher1 said:

We usually book our Coastal Kitchen dinner reservations with the concierge.  When they reach out to you the week before your cruise, I would just ask them to make your reservations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

Can we make reservations for the entire week or is it day by day?

We have been able to make reservations for the whole week when we have asked the concierge to book it for us.  You will only hear from the concierge if you are sailing in a GS or above.  If you are sailing in a JS, you have to book once you board.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

We have been able to make reservations for the whole week when we have asked the concierge to book it for us.  You will only hear from the concierge if you are sailing in a GS or above.  If you are sailing in a JS, you have to book once you board.

On Icon that includes the SurfSide Suites as well.

Coastal Kitchen so much nicer on the Symphony of the seas- we were very disappointed as the location is awful on the Icon- Dark and Dreary-  We dined in speciality restaurants for dinner on the icon and only breakfast in coastal kitchen.  We made all reservations with our shore concierge.

We sailed earlier this year on Symphony in a CL Suite. The Suite Concierge sent us an email about a week prior to sailing.  We booked our times in CK with her for the entire trip.  Very easy.  There were also suite passengers on boarding day making reservations directly at CK.  Maybe only an issue if in a JS? 

• Like 1

As another note, reservations are only for dinner. Breakfast and lunch (assuming you are in a full suite) have on demand seating. 

As others have noted, if you are in a full suite, you should hear from the concierge a week out from the cruise and you get first dibs on reservations for the whole cruise. Junior suites on the other hand must wait until onboard and, from my limited experience, must go one night at a time as space allows. 

• Thanks 1

We were in Junior Suites on Anthem and Oasis last year.  Once I got on board I went right to CK and managed to book for what nights I wanted for the week at that time. We eat late so maybe that it why we did not have issues.  

14 hours ago, elizabethbp said:

We were in Junior Suites on Anthem and Oasis last year.  Once I got on board I went right to CK and managed to book for what nights I wanted for the week at that time. We eat late so maybe that it why we did not have issues.  

It helps if you don't mind late dining. We are early people and have had mixed results getting early reservations when in a JS. 

We enjoy the Oasis class ships coastal kitchen and suite lounge.  However, the Icon Costal kitchen was a disappointment.  It was dark an usually not at all crowded.  Such a  poor design and location for a suite lounge and restaurant.