Door Decorations ?

Good question. I was on the Emerald, over the holidays and was surprised at what passengers would place on their cabin doors. Whatever one chooses to place on their cabin door,  please keep it fun and light. Save your political views, or anything that is rude and crude, for your front lawn, or front door, at home. I cruise to escape, not bring daily reminders of the current political climate and social craziness of the US, along on the cruise.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Three weeks ago on Enchanted, door decorations were common.  A lot of cruise, graduation and Father’s Day related magnets on our deck.  Nothing political.  One upside down pineapple.

Edited by BamaVol
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, windstar said:

Good question. I was on the Emerald, over the holidays and was surprised at what passengers would place on their cabin doors. Whatever one chooses to place on their cabin door,  please keep it fun and light. Save your political views, or anything that is rude and crude, for your front lawn, or front door, at home. I cruise to escape, not bring daily reminders of the current political climate and social craziness of the US, along on the cruise.

What fun is that. 😄

• Haha 3

On Emerald, door decorations were everywhere. Nothing offensive or political. I didn’t even notice an upside down pineapple. But I passed a ladybug parade that turned into a butterfly parade and was added and changed every day. Someone had a lot of time on their hands. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Boku said:

Hopefully Princess have banned tacky door decorations, we didn’t see any on our recent Sky Princess cruise.

Agree.  I think they create a fire hazard and most are really ridiculous and not the least bit clever or creative.  Save it for the classroom.

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

31 minutes ago, Princessfan20 said:

Agree.  I think they create a fire hazard and most are really ridiculous and not the least bit clever or creative.  Save it for the classroom.

huh - I guess you've never won a prize in the door decorating contest onboard like we did...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, EDVM96 said:

143db362a5927c551a5730d0dd40ff3b.jpg

😲

Oh my, that’s a lot of door decor!

I used to put a cactus on my door and my cruise critic name. Very simple decor. Definitely helped me find my cabin,cause I’ve been known to pass right by it.

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 5

I have to say that the person that decorated their door that I could see getting off the elevator helped me remember to turn left or right. Directionally challenged. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

On 7/8/2024 at 11:19 AM, Ombud said:

@cruisepest I think that restrictions is just a Regal Princess thing. Royal Princess still permits it

That’s a shame my DH will be celebrating a big birthday on Regal and I was planning a birthday banner for the door. May still give it a go and see if I’m asked to remove it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sandancer said:

That’s a shame my DH will be celebrating a big birthday on Regal and I was planning a birthday banner for the door. May still give it a go and see if I’m asked to remove it. 

Do it! Could have just been 1 steward thing 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

We had door decorations and I saw lots of other families/groups with their own themed door decorations while on Majestic Princess a few weeks ago.  Nothing tacky or political.  Mostly people having fun while on their cruise and makes identifying cabins so much easier in those long hallways.  Did not see anything like that pic posted above with the fish netting and paper.  If you enjoy it and makes finding your cabin easier, I say go for it.  If the ship crew thinks it is an issue, they will let you know.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tulok said:

I have to say that the person that decorated their door that I could see getting off the elevator helped me remember to turn left or right. Directionally challenged. 

I noticed on the Majestic Princess cabin hallways, the Starboard side had blue carpet, while the Port side had red carpet.  Made identifying left or right coming out of elevator bay so much easier.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sandancer said:

Most likely you'll be fine. 

I think the one time we read that they were not allowed might have been a one time thing prompted by some obscene door decorations. 

We'll be sailing during election day and I expect to see a few beauts.😆

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cruise-a-Hallic said:

noticed on the Majestic Princess cabin hallways, the Starboard side had blue carpet, while the Port side had red carpet. 

I was on Emerald and didn’t notice the color change. I guess I am not observant either. 

My daughter prodded me to buy a Santa Cruise magnet for our next Princess cruise. I told her just one for the door. When she was a toddler, someone stole our Christmas "Frozen" magnet from our cabin door. 

On 7/8/2024 at 3:25 AM, Boku said:

Hopefully Princess have banned tacky door decorations, we didn’t see any on our recent Sky Princess cruise.

Just the opposite for us on Sky in June. 

Saw plenty of door decorations, but all good.😊

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, ChutChut said:

My daughter prodded me to buy a Santa Cruise magnet for our next Princess cruise. . 

We'll be going on a X-Mas cruise in 2025.  I think that is a great idea!  Although, Santa's will probably be very common on that cruise..

49 minutes ago, ChutChut said:

When she was a toddler, someone stole our Christmas "Frozen" magnet from our cabin door. 

Someone just stole one of our family's custom license plate magnets just a few weeks ago on our Alaska cruise.  Had them made up for every cabin door with family name and cruise info.  Someone must have really liked them, to just take one off the door.

• Like 2