The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday July 8th, 2024

@RMLincoln great news on the end of the years of eye drops for your DH. 

Thanks everyone for the great photos of Hong Kong.  

Jacqui I am glad you have a date planned for your move in date but it is flexible. 

@dfish I hope you are not developing anything serious.  

• Like 12

Things are turning around now.  I had some soup and did not get chills after eating.  Temperature is coming down, heart rate is below 100, oxygen saturation is in normal ranges, BP is good and blood glucose is coming down now.  It did go up after I posted last, but I think eating helped.  I feel better as well, just tired.  It will be an early night for me.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 8

12 minutes ago, dfish said:

Things are turning around now.  I had some soup and did not get chills after eating.  Temperature is coming down, heart rate is below 100, oxygen saturation is in normal ranges, BP is good and blood glucose is coming down now.  It did go up after I posted last, but I think eating helped.  I feel better as well, just tired.  It will be an early night for me.

I hope you continue to improve and feel better soon. I am glad you were able to sleep.

• Like 12

@dfishPlease feel better soon, drink lots of liquids, and get some sleep.  

Speaking of liquids, our drought was getting bad, we can tell when they add more chemicals to the water.  Yuck! I know I shouldn't but I do buy water in plastic bottles. Bad, Annie, Bad

Darn computer is recording again.  Recording things that DH and I say to each other.  Not our home computer, the ones we work with.  I had a dollar donation to round up a sale, and my boss posted "NIce donation".  I thought he was being sarcastic, as I always ask the patron if they want to round up.  And I said the same to DH, boss is being sarcastic, with his comment.

Less than a minute later, I got a text, that said, I was not being sarcastic, most folks dont remember to ask........BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING!  or listening as the case may be.  Second time I have been called out by a boss when I was talking with DH.  I need to put a cotton ball over the speaker.  

Was it @Seasick Sailor where the spider caught the scorpion?  Nice spider!

Last night storms brought lots of limbs down, lots of rain, a lot of trees.  @StLouisCruisers so far your neighborhood area south of town is OK.  If I can get your zip code, I will check for you if you want.  I will tell you this, today south of town, the heat index was 105-110.  You may not want to leave the ship ever again!

So, did I ever tell you guys about getting picked up by a Hell's Angel?  HIs name was Cool Breeze, and he said his daddy opened the door one day, and he blew out..........

Maybe another day............Back to work!  I had a very nutritious salad and fried strips from Chick Fil A.  Not. 

• Like 14

1 minute ago, marshhawk said:

Speaking of liquids, our drought was getting bad, we can tell when they add more chemicals to the water.  Yuck! I know I shouldn't but I do buy water in plastic bottles. Bad, Annie, Bad

Darn computer is recording again.  Recording things that DH and I say to each other.  Not our home computer, the ones we work with.  I had a dollar donation to round up a sale, and my boss posted "NIce donation".  I thought he was being sarcastic, as I always ask the patron if they want to round up.  And I said the same to DH, boss is being sarcastic, with his comment.

Less than a minute later, I got a text, that said, I was not being sarcastic, most folks dont remember to ask........BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING!  or listening as the case may be.  Second time I have been called out by a boss when I was talking with DH.  I need to put a cotton ball over the speaker.  

Last night storms brought lots of limbs down, lots of rain, a lot of trees.  @StLouisCruisers so far your neighborhood area south of town is OK.  If I can get your zip code, I will check for you if you want.  I will tell you this, today south of town, the heat index was 105-110.  You may not want to leave the ship ever again!

So, did I ever tell you guys about getting picked up by a Hell's Angel?  HIs name was Cool Breeze, and he said his daddy opened the door one day, and he blew out..........

Maybe another day............Back to work!  I had a very nutritious salad and fried strips from Chick Fil A.  Not. 

The spider is in it's web. No scorpion or shell found..

• Like 10

Ok Neighbours,  what do you have against the letter U?  Cheques,   Favourites etc?   And it’s prominently in your name USA.   😁.

Hoping the popcorn fixes you up @dfish my favourite! 

Yikes, the appliance gremlin struck!  New dishwasher ordered!  I’ll celebrate they can install it Thursday, and it’s been nearly 18 months since our fridge suddenly died. 

@USN59-79 we have a lot in common,  besides the M Ed,  we agree on the current policies making us avoid travel to that area.   We had friends that lived and worked in Hong Kong a number of years ago when it was under Britain and the stories about giving birth gave me pause. 

My favourite  is a bacon and Brie Butty, lol!  I’ll leave @grapau27to translate.    Seems to me that  UK bacon, is half side bacon which they call streaky and half back bacon which is also called Canadian.  Peameal may or may not be present.  I like both, but the Sid bacon better be crispy. 

@marshhawk eek! That’s creepy.  Though I do wonder about these smart phones. 

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

Good still hot evening, it’s 86 with a feels like of 92. Tomorrow is supposed to be a high of 98 and feeling like 106. 
The idiots are out in force. Thee have been multiple pet rescue calls for animals left in closed cars. Fortunately, they’ve been rescued. There has to be a special place in the fires down below reserved for them.

Stay safe and cool. Have a peaceful night .

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Good evening from the Westerdam,

The cruise is going well and my friend is a cruise convert! 

DM went back to the ER on Sunday, had a fall which gave her a gash on her forehead and two black eyes. It was determined she needed a pacemaker, was transferred to a larger hospital and the pacemaker was inserted late afternoon. Last report was she was doing well. 

The gift my friend and I opened from her was a 6piece box of Purdue’s Chocolates. Tomorrow is Juneau and so far rain is NOT in the forecast. My friend is going to Mendenhall Glacier and then we’re meeting up to ride the tram. 

We did the wine tasting today and it was fun and quite well done. 

Karen

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, dfish said:

Debbie, I hope you’re doing much better now. Who knows what it could be causing you so much trouble. I’ve had chills before and absolutely hate it. Take care of yourself!

7 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Annie I would be freaking out about being listened to by a computer. You definitely need a way to mute your microphone while not making a call. We mute our Alexa and then also unplug it when not using it to play music. We’re just paranoid like that. 

I can email you my zip code. My neighbors will let me know if we have any problems thankfully. Yes it’s pretty cold here so I can’t imagine those temps and feels like temperatures. Today at 6 am it’s 39F!!!  

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

But.. it is nothing related to what the English Breakfast is in UK.

@grapau27 What is an English breakfast in the UK?  This is what HAL servesIMG_0644.jpeg.1f03f6509b0b17bf921473b4255a8808.jpeg

6 hours ago, bennybear said:

My favourite  is a bacon and Brie Butty.

I’ve enjoyed a butty (sandwich) while traveling but my favorite is a cheddar and chutney toastie (grilled cheese).

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, 0106 said:

@grapau27 What is an English breakfast in the UK?  This is what HAL servesIMG_0644.jpeg.1f03f6509b0b17bf921473b4255a8808.jpeg

I’ve enjoyed a butty (sandwich) while traveling but my favorite is a cheddar and chutney toastie (grilled cheese).

This is a traditional English breakfast.

I also have buttered toast,Orange juice and coffee with mine.

Screenshot_20240709_091554.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Good morning.

I have been to see a couple of Long time customers of mine and stopped for a coffee.

The rain is pouring down.

I hope everyone is well.

IMG_20240709_091159.jpg

17205134201841013630236580771948.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Some color for your afternoon 🙂  

"Radiant Fragrance".  It smells so good!  The blooms don't last long though, sadly.

RadiantFragrance.thumb.jpg.add07a6b29db91a360b1f374f25222e1.jpg

The Lilies are loving this heat.

redlilies2.thumb.jpg.0294af68c357307be19d3e50f7c6a729.jpg

pinklilies2.jpg.3e3e8bd54481aad51c014bc792ea5a88.jpg

Absolutely beautiful!

13 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Ah, English Bacon.  I only ever got it on Cunard and I miss it.

Roy

Or in Canada - our back bacon is pretty delicious.  You can get it as peameal bacon or regular.  I prefer the regular but either is good.  

I agree with @highscar our back bacon is not dry  at all.  I’ve had English back bacon in England and ours and theirs is very similar IMO.

12 hours ago, 0106 said:

They serve a “Full English Breakfast” on HAL which includes English Back bacon.  It is also available in the Lido.  

HAL’s “back bacon” is not real back bacon - if it is, it’s  not the quality we get here.  

11 hours ago, dfish said:

Good news you are feeling improved.  I hope you got a great night’s sleep and feel more yourself today 🤞 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1