Focus groups

Curious - has anyone on these boards ever taken part in a focus group?  In her response to answers, Laura mentions using focus groups for feedback (among other things).  I've sailed Celebrity 80 times and never been asked, nor do I know of anyone ever being asked to join one.  But of course I don't know everyone on these boards.  Has anyone been involved in one in recent years, and how did it go?  I've gotten a survey here or there but they have been primarily disguised marketing ploys.  Not the same thing at all.

Nor have I.  I came close to commenting about the surveys really being almost worthless because they are tied to the employee rating system, 10 or die.  

I did comment on her mentioning feedback about Coco Cay being so popular because Celebrity was not sailing there so the feedback had to come from Royal Caribbean cruises who were sailing there.   

I am going to be interested in seeing what responses you get here becuase I also would really like to know who is giving Celebrity all this feedback that has led to the changes over the last year. 

• Like 2

I’ve recently been asked to critique the “Concierge Experience” via a survey.  The survey asked for input on what I found to be the most important benefits associated with Concierge, what new benefits I would like to see included in Concierge, and what benefits I found of little value.  I’ve done many Celebrity cruises and am Elite Plus (mentioning for reference only.). We normally cruise Aqua Class, but did cruise Concierge Class for the New Years Cruise in Dec 23/Jan 24 with my adult children and 9 year old grandchild.  I’ve done many “exit” surveys as the end of a cruise, this survey was totally different.  Wonder if that is the “focus” alluded to.

• Thanks 2

Never.....

And if they ask any to attend something, it's probably just US marked. And maybe the UK market for sailings connected to Southhampton destinations. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, JerseyGirlatHeart said:

I’ve recently been asked to critique the “Concierge Experience” via a survey.  The survey asked for input on what I found to be the most important benefits associated with Concierge, what new benefits I would like to see included in Concierge, and what benefits I found of little value.  I’ve done many Celebrity cruises and am Elite Plus (mentioning for reference only.). We normally cruise Aqua Class, but did cruise Concierge Class for the New Years Cruise in Dec 23/Jan 24 with my adult children and 9 year old grandchild.  I’ve done many “exit” surveys as the end of a cruise, this survey was totally different.  Wonder if that is the “focus” alluded to.

My partner received this one as well. It hinted at a potential overhaul of Concierge Class or at minimum trying to gauge interest in shifting the extras to something more appealing and useful. Like that shoe shine service? That's a relic of days past. Cut it. Agreed that it was definitely different and could produce more insightful responses than the typical post-cruise survey. 

• Like 1

I have received surveys in the past, not related to a previous cruise, which asked questions regarding tipping, retreat access, if I would continue to sail with Celebrity and a few other issues.  Perhaps, that is what she is referring to.

• Like 1

yrs ago on Summit to Bermuda, the powers in charge  lavished all their attention on Royal C cruisers, and basically ignored Celeb loyals.

They held parties,  and 2 Focus Groups  for the Royals..Goal was to convert them to Celeb.. no idea what the topics were as we were excluded???

We now skip the self serving post cruise evals !

9 minutes ago, hcat said:

We now skip the self serving post cruise evals !

We try and use whatever form I can on the ship and still use the post cruise evaluation to address over all issues in addition to praising those we feel worthy of special positive recognition.  I am still waiting to see what Laura says with regard to the feedback form, if that is one of the question she chooses to answer. 

Neither DH nor I have ever been asked to participate in a focus group in person or via tele-meeting. I have received a survey requesting my opinions about allowing children to use the Solarium that was unrelated to any type of marketing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I am going to be interested in seeing what responses you get here becuase I also would really like to know who is giving Celebrity all this feedback that has led to the changes over the last year. 

Apart from end-of-cruise surveys, we've never been contacted for comment, either.

As to your final question, I suspect a lot of feedback has come from the folks in Miami who occupy these desks:

image.png.ef87e0f792413c0adf8f4b48ec3a3f06.png

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

Neither DH nor I have ever been asked to participate in a focus group in person or via tele-meeting. I have received a survey requesting my opinions about allowing children to use the Solarium that was unrelated to any type of marketing.

I think the term focus group is being used loosely.  The company I worked for did use focus groups on occasion but that required gathering select  segment  of people in one place ( or in a zoom meeting) with a facilitator.   It was less costly to use surveys sent to 

the targeted group.  

I received a survey about 15-18 months ago seeking feedback on ports current and potential and how we spend time in port.   That could be part of the info they gather from “focus group”.  

• Like 1

Well going back a long time, it was 2002, and I was invited to a focus group whilst onboard Millie, this was my first Celebrity cruise. I can't remember exactly what was discussed but it lasted about an hour and I was given $50 OBC for my time.

Andy.