Do you prefer?

Given only those 3 choices. our preference is MSC Yacht Club, NCL Haven, RCI Suite.  Why?  We like that both the YC and Haven are primarily (there are a few exceptions) in a restricted part of the ship (near the bow).  That creates a true "ship within a ship" atmosphere which is an interesting experience.  When we are on one of the MSC ships, in their Yacht Club, it is the feeling of being on a luxury ship (we also cruise on luxury lines).  In fact, the service in MSC's Yacht Club is 2nd to none, with the butlers seemingly everywhere (within the YC enclave).  

But, I will add a 4th option to the OP's post.  Although the 3 options (in the OP's post) are all good, our preference is still for small ship luxury lines.  We also would point out that small ship cruising is not for everyone.  Those seeking all the amenities found on mega ships (i.e. wave riders, rock climbing walls, huge arcades, etc) may find small ship luxury cruising to be quite borking, too quiet, etc.  But I will tell you about one small ship experience which was quite unique.  On one of the smaller Seabourn ships (450 passenger) we got to Santorini, where most of our fellow passengers were taking ship excursions.  We were doing on our thing, so needed a tender to the small port under Fira (Skala).  We got to the tender area (on our ship) and the staff quickly got a large tender alongside.  We had that tender (which holds several hundred) to ourselves.  Later that day, when we returned to the ship we tendered back to the ship with fewer than 10 other passengers (and our Captain).   That is the essence of small ship cruising.

Hank

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

While, depending on category, the RCCL suites among the largest, impressive, and most diverse in design compared to most cruise lines, Allure was built prior to the recent focus with their newer ships on a suite class level specific venue more similar to Yacht Club and the Haven.  Therefore the total suite experience on Allure would fall short of the others you mention IMO.  

MSC while having a very good suite experience with Yacht Club, have IMO some of the smallest and least impressive suites of those you mention.  Clearly, comparatively, they focus on the experience and not the accommodations, so I think that would factor into the choice.

NCL Haven has been doing the combination venue and suite package for some time and also features IMO very large and impressive suite offerings.  Not familiar with the ship you mention so that could alter things.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hlitner said:

I will tell you about one small ship experience which was quite unique.  On one of the smaller Seabourn ships (450 passenger) we got to Santorini, where most of our fellow passengers were taking ship excursions.  We were doing on our thing, so needed a tender to the small port under Fira (Skala).  We got to the tender area (on our ship) and the staff quickly got a large tender alongside.  We had that tender (which holds several hundred) to ourselves.  Later that day, when we returned to the ship we tendered back to the ship with fewer than 10 other passengers (and our Captain).   That is the essence of small ship cruising.

I had a somewhat similar experience that wasn't on a luxury line.  About 2 1/2 years ago, I found myself the only passenger on a tender back from Princess Cays.  I don't think this tender was as large as yours, but it could probably have held 200 or so people.

IMG_20211203_101134.thumb.jpg.ed7dbc2f0ad61493cc587cc4ae52caf2.jpg

I've had other experiences on tenders coming back to the ship where I've been one of only a few passengers.  I can't say that I've been as lucky on the way off the ship.

None of those. If I’m paying that much I’m going on a luxury line. (Don’t think the luxury lines are stuffy and that you have to dress up for dinner. They’re not and you don’t though men do need long pants and a collared shirt.)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jobinseattle said:

Curious what people prefer:

A suite on Royal Caribbean (Allure ots)

The Haven on NCL (NCL Prima)

Or the MSC Yacht Club on MSC (MSC Seascape)

and why?

We have done two , Allure last year in grand suite, have done grand or owners suite on rccl on 6 different ships.

Did MSc yacht club about 5 years ago and will sal her again on seaside.

I don’t think there is a comparison Yacht Club is far superior, they have a suite lounge open all day with liquor and live music in the evening. Far superior food compared to costal kitchen rccl dining room. Fantastic outdoor area with pool and bar and restaurant. Drink package comes with YC along with WiFi, rccl just gives you WiFi. Also butler on YC .

I dislike ncl so haven’t tried haven.

• Like 2