How's the buffet food?

6 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Pasta should be cooked al dente. Any longer and its overcooked.

Some folks like steaks cooked to medium or better, I never understood that either, but I don’t tell folks it’s wrong..

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hawkstar33 said:

This coming from a guy from Peachtree City....All I said was we had great pizza here...I'm sure it's good in Peachtree also....

It varies…

23 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Protip for everyone with X omelets, if it matters to you, ask for fresh/whole eggs because otherwise, they pour the egg mixture from a carton

This..I always do this..

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Travel-and-See said:

I didn't know you could ask for fresh eggs - that's good to know. I like getting fresh made scrambled eggs but when I saw them use the instant egg stuff I didn't return. 

Can do so in the buffet, MDR and Blu; I haven't had breakfast anywhere else yet can't imagine Luminae would say "no"...lol

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Interesting.  When I have ordered an omlette at the buffet, I stood there while they cooked it and when finished I took it with me to my table.  I've never considered wandering off and making them find me.  Did not even know that was an option. 

Sometimes you just give up when it is taking way wayy too long.

WAITING MEMES image memes at relatably.com

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Travel-and-See said:

I didn't know you could ask for fresh eggs - that's good to know. I like getting fresh made scrambled eggs but when I saw them use the instant egg stuff I didn't return. 

We write it on the room service order form when we order omlette's from room service. 
At the eggs cooked to order station on Millennium you could asked for "three fresh eggs scrambled" and they would do it for you. 

I know in Luminae my DW asked for her scrambled eggs to be fresh.  

8 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Some folks like steaks cooked to medium or better, I never understood that either, but I don’t tell folks it’s wrong..

Spoken like a man that knows there is a difference between rare to medium and medium rare.  🤣

Posted (edited)

Just off Equinox the the food in OVC is unfortunately continuing the downward trend.  The Vanilla ice cream is now pink, the corn flakes are made from cardboard and the OJ is almost just water.  Apparently that's the way European like it, what bull****.

Celebrity's drive to improve the bottom line has sunk to an all time low.

Bye bye Celebrity it's getting too much, your rating should now be 3 star no greater.

Edited by cruisegal1970
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, cruisegal1970 said:

Just off Equinox the the food in OVC is unfortunately continuing the downward trend.  The Vanilla ice cream is now pink, the corn flakes are made from cardboard and the OJ is almost just water.  Apparently that's the way European like it, what bull****.

Bye bye Celebrity it's getting too much, your rating should now be 3 star no greater.

How was the MDR?

On 7/31/2024 at 10:49 PM, Travel-and-See said:

My secret for breakfast is to get a plate of breakfast potatoes and then head to the spa cafe for some peace and quiet. They have a really nice buffet set up with bagels, yogurt, fruit, etc. and lots of coffee without a line-up of people.  

Is the Spa Cafe open to everyone?

• Like 1

So just off edge and everything we ate in the buffet was good.  We didn’t eat there much but the Indian food is very good, I had bolognese once with close to al dente pasta, the roasted veggies/chicken (all chef carved) was excellent….pizza was unexciting, didn’t have desserts or ice cream so can’t comment there.  We didn’t go there for full on meals as our MDR food was quite good and we don’t like hordes of people.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, cruisegal1970 said:

You do understand the current OJ situation right?

Edited by Oville

56 minutes ago, Zoedokey said:

Yes, it is open to all.  The menu has been reduced but still worth checking out.

On 7/30/2024 at 6:03 AM, drakes2 said:

In January 2018 fell and broke ankle needed surgery. Later that year was able to cruise went solo but had a cane. Left a drink and beach bag at a table while getting food at buffet. Came back to find an entitled couple sitting there who had pushed my belongings aside. Said its their table now never even asked if I wanted a seat. A waiter got me a seat elsewhere. I've encountered a lot of rudeness on cruises.  Just blows my mind. 

On Edge had the same thing happen.  I drapped my jacket on my seat so we could get our food together and eat together.  As I was leaving, I literally saw someone remove my jacket so they could have the table.  I rushed back and advised them that the table is occupied as denoted by the personal property you are moving.

8 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

On Edge had the same thing happen.  I drapped my jacket on my seat so we could get our food together and eat together.  As I was leaving, I literally saw someone remove my jacket so they could have the table.  I rushed back and advised them that the table is occupied as denoted by the personal property you are moving.

The buffet is staffed with employees doing various jobs but nobody is really focused on managing seating; each seating section should have one of the many supervisors who are on their phone in charge of a seating area to keep the peace and enable a more orderly seating arrangement as well as resolve disputes as opposed to just letting passengers to fend for themselves. 

15 hours ago, Zoedokey said:

Yes indeed! On the M & E class it's also on the same floor as the Oceanview cafe, making it a pretty simple walk from the buffet after you have acquired essentials like say, breakfast potoates! haha. 

On the S class you also have to go down a floor. 

spa-cafe-breakfast-051823.jpg - 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Oville said:

You do understand the current OJ situation right?

inquiring minds want to know. There is juice shortage up here in Northern MA and I've been trying to figure it out?

3 hours ago, ScottC4746 said:

Yep. They don't care. They obviously behave that way at home so why not transfer it to a cruise where most people are courteous and polite.  

3 hours ago, IDL said:

The buffet is staffed with employees doing various jobs but nobody is really focused on managing seating; each seating section should have one of the many supervisors who are on their phone in charge of a seating area to keep the peace and enable a more orderly seating arrangement as well as resolve disputes as opposed to just letting passengers to fend for themselves. 

I just sit at a high top now eat my food and get out of there as fast as possible. 

2 hours ago, cruisegal1970 said:

Like everything on Celebrity - the bottom line dictates profit comes before quality.

What is the OJ situation? I only have it in mimosas during the Elite breakfast.