Blazer type jacket for hubbie for sp restaurants, including Ocean Blue????

We are trying to pack as lightly as possible for upcoming Bliss Alaska cruise--- Usually we pack a blazer for him for night time dinners---  At Ocean Blue and Le Bistro can my husband get away with (without looking out of place) just wearing nice slacks and collared polo?  We both usually dress resort casual at night time- myself in dress capris, nice blouse, and light jacket, and hubbie in khaki slacks and polo-----  Also, for the Mexican restaurant and  Que bbq can we just wear jeans and tee, daytime stuff?  Thanks for info.  Anita

I just remember that no sandals were allowed for men in Le Bistro. closed shoes only.  that was a year ago.  Collared shirts were required for men.  Polos would be A OK.  Have no idea if they are still sticking to dress code.  And yes long pants for men.  All the other restaurants are pretty casual!

7 hours ago, Jetswdo said:

We are trying to pay ck as lightly as possible for upcoming Bliss Alaska cruise--- Usually we pack a blazer for him for night time dinners---  At Ocean Blue and Le Bistro can my husband get away with (without looking out of place) just wearing nice slacks and collared polo?  We both usually dress resort casual at night time- myself in dress capris, nice blouse, and light jacket, and hubbie in khaki slacks and polo-----  Also, for the Mexican restaurant and  Que bbq can we just wear jeans and tee, daytime stuff?  Thanks for info.  Anita

There frequently are wide variances between the stated NCL policy and what is actually allowed.  I have seen men wearing flip-flops, shorts, and a T-shirt seated for dinner in Le Bistro on more than one ship.  Years ago I used to always pack a blazer, a couple of long sleeved dress shirts, and a neck tie or two when sailing.  I still take a pair of slacks in addition to my jeans, but when sailing with NCL in the last several years, I have left the blazer at home.  YMMV.

We are trying to pack as lightly as possible for upcoming Bliss Alaska cruise--- Usually we pack a blazer for him for night time dinners---  At Ocean Blue and Le Bistro can my husband get away with (without looking out of place) just wearing nice slacks and collared polo?  We both usually dress resort casual at night time- myself in dress capris, nice blouse, and light jacket, and hubbie in khaki slacks and polo-----  Also, for the Mexican restaurant and  Que bbq can we just wear jeans and tee, daytime stuff?  Thanks for info.  Anita

Shorts are perfectly fine in all restaurants for all meals except Ocean Blue and Le Bistro. In those restaurants, gents are asked to wear long pants (jeans or dockers are fine).  Jeans and a polo shirt is fine for Ocean Blue and Le Bistro. For Los Lobos, Q, he can wear shorts and would not be out of place. Very very few wear jackets. DH wears a Hawaiian shirt to Bistro and fits in fine. 

• Like 2

I got the Men's Ultimate Voyager Travel Blazer from Eddie Bauer. It is wrinkle resistant, rolls up compactly in a suitcase, and looks good. It is not the same as a proper dress blazer but works well for cruises and international travel.

• Thanks 1

My travel companion was called on the day of our Ocean Blue reservation and reminded that long pants and a collared shirt were required (last month on the Joy). I do know that @graphicguyate outside on the Waterfront and wore shorts. But jackets and blazers are never required. 

• Like 1

No need for a sport coat anywhere. Jeans are fine in all venues. Le Bistro requires a collared shirt. 

22 minutes ago, robert_j said:

I got the Men's Ultimate Voyager Travel Blazer from Eddie Bauer. It is wrinkle resistant, rolls up compactly in a suitcase, and looks good. It is not the same as a proper dress blazer but works well for cruises and international travel.

Not necessary for any venue on NCL, don’t waste the space in your suitcase. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jetswdo said:

TSHIRT AND JEANS IS OK.  NO NEED FOR A JACKET

• Like 1

My husband prefers to wear a sport coat but only a collared shirt and long pants with closed shoes is required.  It is very nice to dress resort casual at night!  I usually wear a maxi dress with sandals or even a sundress, sometimes with a light sweater if I feel cold.  

What sorts of T-shirts are acceptable? Most of ours are graphic (kid friendly). Same with our teenagers. Although I will tell them that some of the sarcastic shirts should stay at home 😆

9 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Shorts are perfectly fine in all restaurants for all meals except Ocean Blue and Le Bistro. 

So...no long pants no longer required in Manhattan? I must have slept through that change.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

My travel companion was called on the day of our Ocean Blue reservation and reminded that long pants and a collared shirt were required (last month on the Joy). I do know that @graphicguyate outside on the Waterfront and wore shorts. But jackets and blazers are never required. 

As you state, long pants while dining at the outside areas of the Ocean Blu or LeBistro are not required.  I like dining al fresco on the Waterfront whenever possible as it really is a nice way to view the water go by with a warm breeze while enjoying a good meal.

Not so sure about t-shirts....even dining outside at specialty restaurants..  I did see someone turned away wearing the "thong" type shoes....even dining outside.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Crazy42 said:

What sorts of T-shirts are acceptable? Most of ours are graphic (kid friendly). Same with our teenagers. Although I will tell them that some of the sarcastic shirts should stay at home 😆

T-shirts are fine in all venues, except Le Bistro, Ocean Blue, and I *think* Palomar on Pr1ma/V!va. The "official" dress code on NCL's website doesn't say anything is prohibited when it comes to profanity/offensive language, but I believe folx on here have mentioned observing others asked to change. Having said that, I've seen profane language and some "edgy" suggestive displays with nothing said (at least when I was around). But, I'm a Millennial with no kids so whatever you want works for me. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

So...no long pants no longer required in Manhattan? I must have slept through that change.

Not sure about Manhattan Room.  Of note, they do not have an alfresco option.  So, if long pants are required, there is no option to dine outside in shorts.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Not sure about Manhattan Room.  Of note, they do not have an alfresco option.  So, if long pants are required, there is no option to dine outside in shorts.

@schmoopie17 It's the small ships that require pants in the Manhattan, Bird (I believe) was specifically replying about this ship, the Bliss.

Edited by ziggyuk

11 hours ago, robert_j said:

I've got the same one I use for travel...love it.

3 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

It varies by ship.

The dailies will specify which restaurants are "smart casual" for long pants.

If anyone is flying to/from their embarkation and/or disembarkation port, you DO want to wear long pants, whether its casual or "fancy" dress slacks or even good old denim (w/o those fashion holes by design) in the "unlikely" event of in-flight evacuation & sliding down the emergency chute.  

Wear it and you don't have to pack one into the carry-on or checked luggage, space and weight saving while traveling - plus, it should satisfy the smart casual "codes" for evening dinner onboard NCL.  

The challenging part for my upcoming cruise travel is the "dress" shoes as I really don't feel like packing another pair ... don't think my black hiking/walking boots is going to blend well together with the navy blazer, dress trouser & collar shirt - with 3 themed nights, unless we skip & dine elsewhere onboard.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

If anyone is flying to/from their embarkation and/or disembarkation port, you DO want to wear long pants, whether its casual or "fancy" dress slacks or even good old denim (w/o those fashion holes by design) in the "unlikely" event of in-flight evacuation & sliding down the emergency chute.  

Wear it and you don't have to pack one into the carry-on or checked luggage, space and weight saving while traveling - plus, it should satisfy the smart casual "codes" for evening dinner onboard NCL.  

The challenging part for my upcoming cruise travel is the "dress" shoes as I really don't feel like packing another pair ... don't think my black hiking/walking boots is going to blend well together with the navy blazer, dress trouser & collar shirt - with 3 themed nights, unless we skip & dine elsewhere onboard.  

Bring a pair of Docksiders (or similar) if you’re worried. If you’re wearing a blazer, you’ll look better than like 90% of the people right away. You can plastic bag a pair up and shove them in your suitcase. Wear the boots on the plane.

• Like 1

What is this blazer of which you speak?  I once drove a blazer, but I don’t think it would fit into LeBistro. I wear sweats and slippers and look better than most.

disclaimer: I really can’t back that last part up.

Best wishes to all from the wonderful bliss. B2B rocks!!!  Yes, the Chief is again free. Let the fun begin….

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

What is this blazer of which you speak?  I once drove a blazer, but I don’t think it would fit into LeBistro. I wear sweats and slippers and look better than most.

disclaimer: I really can’t back that last part up.

Best wishes to all from the wonderful bliss. B2B rocks!!!  Yes, the Chief is again free. Let the fun begin….

Well it's about time your sweats wearing rat came back! (I know that sentence is full of bad grammar - I don't care).

Welcome back from the ship life! 

• Haha 4